Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 points. By
Good for he comp if they can become more competitive. Thinking about them is Geister expected to play this season where ever he got cleared to[/QUOTE
2 points the margin. By all reports north pulled half their team of in the 2nd half and we're missing a few through cricket. Corowa boom recruit kicked 8. Be interesting to see the result in round 1.

Anyone got any practice match scores or feedback?

Wangaratta against West Preston was a tight affair. Newton got loose for three goals and Speight turned it on with two as well and maybe the best point ever.
Porter (Josh) showed great strength and Matt Kelly is looking dangerously fit.

I think the Magpies fell over the line in the end, but Lakeside were not playing their four ex-AFL players (Stokes, Walker, Rodan or Karnezis)

Wangaratta against West Preston was a tight affair. Newton got loose for three goals and Speight turned it on with two as well and maybe the best point ever.
Porter (Josh) showed great strength and Matt Kelly is looking dangerously fit.

I think the Magpies fell over the line in the end, but Lakeside were not playing their four ex-AFL players (Stokes, Walker, Rodan or Karnezis)

Hey mate, is that Ben Speight the ex Werribee mid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big stoush underway over services of Ollie McEwen, committed to play again at Yack this year, but fronted for Albury Tigers in a practice match on Sat.
Things have escalated in last 48 hours. Clearance lodged by Albury, immediately rejected by Yack
Yack playing hard ball and won't clear him, but ruthless Tigers generally get their want.
Says a bit about Albury, are they concerned about loss of the Irishmen.
Did the other ruckman Will Haberecht get injured at weekend and make the Tigers press the panic button,

Big stoush underway over services of Ollie McEwen, committed to play again at Yack this year, but fronted for Albury Tigers in a practice match on Sat.
Things have escalated in last 48 hours. Clearance lodged by Albury, immediately rejected by Yack
Yack playing hard ball and won't clear him, but ruthless Tigers generally get their want.
Did the other ruckman Will Haberecht get injured at weekend and make the Tigers press the panic button,

Interesting situation...had he been training at Yak and then suddenly just lob in an Albury praccy match??? If I was Yak I'd be making Albury buy them a couple of players in return

Acl

If there isn't any financials owing I don't think Yack can prevent a clearance to a higher league can they?

So all the practice matches are done and dusted let's have a stab at ladder:

Albury
Yarra
Wang Magpies
Lavington
Myrtleford

Wodonga
Wodonga Raiders
NA
Rovers
Corowa

Morris Medal: Mark Whiley Yarra
Doug Strang: Adam Prior 69 goals
Grand Final Albury v Yarra
Premiers: Albury

Wang took care of the Seiter-less bulldogs yesterday reasonably comfortably yesterday, in a physical contest. With their fair share to come in for Rd 1, Wang vs Lavi under lights will be massive!!

Wang took care of the Seiter-less bulldogs yesterday reasonably comfortably yesterday, in a physical contest. With their fair share to come in for Rd 1, Wang vs Lavi under lights will be massive!!
I've said it before. Wang are a huge smoky this year. They've added some huge talent plus the kids who played in their 2014 & 2015 (I think) 3rds flags are ready to bloom. They will also hopefully get more gamed out of Mick Newton who dominated in his limited appearances last season. Get on them.

Albury
Lavington
Yarra
Myrtleford
Wang
Raiders
Wodonga Bulldogs
Rovers
Corowa
North Albury

Going to be an exiting comp this year!

Morris Medal: Tim Looby - absolute gun, very physical player, dangerous up forward.
Doug Strang: Michael Newton 66 goals.

So all the practice matches are done and dusted let's have a stab at ladder:

Albury
Yarra
Wang Magpies
Lavington
Myrtleford

Wodonga
Wodonga Raiders
NA
Rovers
Corowa

Morris Medal: Mark Whiley Yarra
Doug Strang: Adam Prior 69 goals
Grand Final Albury v Yarra
Premiers: Albury
Would love to get around Maggies in third, but i think Lavi will pinch second from Yarra, and force Wang to fourth and even fifth with Myrtleford looming. Raiders and Bulldogs are also massive threats.

Would love to get around Maggies in third, but i think Lavi will pinch second from Yarra, and force Wang to fourth and even fifth with Myrtleford looming. Raiders and Bulldogs are also massive threats.
Lavington won't make the 5. Lost a forward that will hurt them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back