Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything more out of North since they announced broomhead?
Got a Reserves player from Wang Maggie's looking for more opportunity by the looks and a key player name escapes me,? Has joined a VFL Club. They did have a couple go down with injury last Pre Season that they might get back early in the year but they would only be marginally better off list wise.

How on earth have they decided myrtleford and rovers deserve extra points this year after finishing 3rd and 4th?
Dis Myrtleford lose a couple of gun locals though? Makes it hard to replqce in a small town, agree with sentiment towards Rovers, Wang is a big town, how many guys do they need coming from Qld to play? They should be able to at least have 14, 1 point players in their seniors

They each get 42 points. If they can't get a team together with more local 1 pointers then that's their problem. The league shouldn't be empowering them to look outwards and recruit from further and further away
How can you compare Myrtleford a population of 3000 to have the same points as Wang Rovers.

If Myrtleford lose 2 locals, it's much harder for them to replace, then other clubs, both Corowa and Myrtleford should have a minimum 5 additional points to the other sides

I was mainly referring to rovers in my last post. However, I would've thought that clubs should be allocated points according to their recent performances. Not as to how dire their worst case scenario might be, as to the case in myrtleford.
How can you compare Myrtleford a population of 3000 to have the same points as Wang Rovers.

If Myrtleford lose 2 locals, it's much harder for them to replace, then other clubs, both Corowa and Myrtleford should have a minimum 5 additional points to the other sides

I was mainly referring to rovers in my last post. However, I would've thought that clubs should be allocated points according to their recent performances. Not as to how dire their worst case scenario might be, as to the case in myrtleford.
I think the points system was a good starter, however the system needs to be refined. Instead of total points, why not have a minimum amount of 1 pointers. The big club towns should be 17, with smaller 14 or 15.

For the longevity of clubs, there should also be a mou between minor and major league clubs, where guys 17-24 and 30+ plus are 1 pointers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the points system was a good starter, however the system needs to be refined. Instead of total points, why not have a minimum amount of 1 pointers. The big club towns should be 17, with smaller 14 or 15.

For the longevity of clubs, there should also be a mou between minor and major league clubs, where guys 17-24 and 30+ plus are 1 pointers.
Great points. There is no nuance in it at all.

Let's have a look at gains and losses as it currently stands. I will need some help below with ins and outs, but the top five may be just about locked in before a ball is bounced.
Albury, Magpies, Myrtleford, Rovers and Yarra look the standouts with possibly only Bulldogs challenging.

ALBURY-
Gains- Avard, Hodgson
Loses- Packer, Polo

MAGPIES-

Gains-
Loses- Speight

MYRTLEFORD-
Gains- Curtis,
Loses-

ROVERS-
Gains- Filo
Loses- Jones

YARRAWONGA-
Gains-
Loses-

RAIDERS-
Gains- Cox
Loses- Joliffe, Nagle, Avard

LAVINGTON-
Gains-
Loses- Hunt, Curtis, Johnston, Merdith

WODONGA-
Gains- Driscoll
Loses- McKye

COROWA-
Gains- Lane, Robinson
Loses-

NTH ALBURY-
Gains- Broomhead
Loses-

MAGPIES-

Gains- mcveigh, jackson clarke
Loses- Speight

MYRTLEFORD-
Gains- Curtis, reilly, sam martyn, callum crisp
Loses- dale

ROVERS-
Gains- Filo, rovers will announce more signings after the weekend
Loses- Jones, thynne, daymen

YARRAWONGA-
Gains- leigh Williams, forhergill
Loses-

RAIDERS-
Gains- Cox
Loses- Joliffe, Nagle, Avard, clarke brothers, everett

MAGPIES-

Gains- mcveigh, jackson clarke
Loses- Speight

MYRTLEFORD-
Gains- Curtis, reilly, sam martyn, callum crisp
Loses- dale

ROVERS-
Gains- Filo, rovers will announce more signings after the weekend
Loses- Jones, thynne, daymen

YARRAWONGA-
Gains- leigh Williams, forhergill
Loses-

RAIDERS-
Gains- Cox
Loses- Joliffe, Nagle, Avard, clarke brothers, everett
Add Newnham,Hamilton to Raiders losses

-Albury
-Wang
-Rovers
-Myrt
-Yarra
-Wodonga
-Corowa

-Lavi
-Raiders
-North

That's my early prediction on the ladder. Wang and Albury class above again, and the 5 teams besides the bottom 3 will be fairly even. Lavi, raiders and north could be in A different order, still a bit too early to tell. I Just think although Lavington and raiders have lost a lot, I still can't see North finishing above them. They've got no height whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back