One Dayers

Remove this Banner Ad

emma

Debutant
Aug 21, 2000
melborune
Okay so i can't wait for the one dayers to start in melbourne.
Tests are such a bore.
Go Aussies and Brett Lee and Michael Bevan

Test are such a bore, what a load of s**t, i cannot believe you would write that you must be stupid, and i cannot believe you are a hawthorn supporter, hang your head in shame, test match cricket is the purest form of the game.
Anyway here is my one day side:
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
M.Waugh
Bevan
S.Waugh
A.Symonds
I.Harvey
S.Warne
B.Lee(P.Wilson)
G.McGrath
12th man
Gillespie

I think that big blocka wilson will be a big chance for selection in the one day game, of course Adam Dale and Damien Fleming will be in contention as well, the selectors may op to rest lee and mcgrath as much as possible due to the work required from them in the near future. It irks me that i don't have martyn in the side, but he misses out due to haydens outstanding form in the oneday game.

I like the side except for Harvey. I know he's done the job in the past but his form this year has been unspectacular.

I tend to agree with Spogs, Harvey hasn't really impressed me this summer although his form in the English summer was quite good I believe.

My tip is that Harvey and Damien Martyn will be competing for the same spot in the one day competition.

Okay so i wasn't asking u to have a go at me. That is just my opinion though today i went to the boxing day test and had a great time. Steve Waugh is a champ.
Gosh no need to be so rude.
And who u calling stupid dickhead.
And yes i am a hawthorn supporter. Do u have a problem with that? Well if u do i don't really care.

Hey Dutchy girl, i too am a hawthorn supporter as well, i just can't understand how anyone can say the way australians play test cricket is boring, they are exciting, test cricket is a great game. Test cricket allows for heroic performances such as tuggas effort today, what a great man, great cricketer,

Cricket tests are a bore is absolutely correct especially if it's one sided. These one dayers are going to be boring aswell as it's all going to be one sided with Australia winning. Lets hope Zimbabwe and West Indies put up a fight.
Cricket tends to get boring when one side dominates all the time. It's time for a change. Bring on Zimbabwe and the West Indies one day sides.

Tests are the best form of the game in my opinion. Those who hate tests and like one dayers are not true lovers of the game of cricket, and only enjoy the big hitting which you see in the shorter form of the game. There's nothing wrong with liking one day cricket (I do as well), but it takes a real love of the game to appreciate the wonderful battle between bat and ball that occurs during tests. I mean McGrath bowled 25 overs for this test conceding just 25 runs. That might have been boring for some but it was wonderful, tight, Test match bowling. Gillespie superbly out thought Lara in the second innings, while Waugh's defiant, carefully crafted century in the first innings was magnificent to watch despite its slow nature. It takes a true cricket lover to not only acknowledge these feats, but to take the time to watch them, every ball. It was truly exciting stuff.

Originally posted by ant:
It was truly exciting stuff.

If that was exciting stuff, what would happen if the test match was actually close?
wink.gif
Would it be "really" exciting then?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Same Old's (edited 30 December 2000).]

SO, That would be even better. A Test match doesn't have to be close to be exciting or enjoyable to watch. Of course if it was a little more of a contest then it would definitely raise the excitement levels to even greater heights.

Perhaps they should drop the 3-way one day series and have Aust. play a combined west indies/zimbabwe side. If after the first game they still aren't competitive give them the choice of any available Australian players.

I love test matches just as much as the nexy person. But, one dayers are alot more exciting because all the players just get out there and slog the ball and don't really care what happens, test matches are great aswell because alot of skill is required to play one. Although a team like Australia who have proved time and time again that they are the best, don't need alot of skill to beat other teams in the world and I don't care what anyone has to say because all SHOULD know it is the truth!!

Go Aussies Go!!!!!!

------------------
~*~Go Chippa!!~*~
~*~Go Binger!!~*~

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back