Remove this Banner Ad

Bluegene

Team Captain
Suspended
Jan 10, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
The commentators.. The way they always say this is the greatest goalscorer in the history of the a-league it's a 3 year old league it has no history.. The way they think a 10 000 person crowd is impressive.. Last year I was watching a game of Adelaide vs Someone and they said the reason nobody was there was because they were watching that other game up the road the tone he said it in showed how jealous he was of footy and how it was more popular in Australia..

Just cause something 3 years old doesn't mean it doesn't have history.

And as far as jealousy towards Football the AFL's disgraceful behaviour during the World Cup last year really can't be topped and I'm saying that as a fan of both codes. And yeah, I'd be a bit annoyed too if my sport was ignored by the Football biased media.

• Banned
Just cause something 3 years old doesn't mean it doesn't have history.

And as far as jealousy towards Football the AFL's disgraceful behaviour during the World Cup last year really can't be topped and I'm saying that as a fan of both codes. And yeah, I'd be a bit annoyed too if my sport was ignored by the Football biased media.
Yes it does... Also What did the AFL do during the World Cup?

I did chortle when Simon Hill said the A-League's average crowd was approaching the NRL's. Talk about twisting the knife.

Yes it does... Also What did the AFL do during the World Cup?

Pretty much acted like jealous twats. Two good examples are Vlad making an official announcement that the AFL isn't scared of Soccer and Terry Wallace coming out to his press conference after the Socceroos got knocked out and gleefully saying "Now, let's get on with the real thing!" w***ers. :thumbsdown:

Pretty much acted like jealous twats. Two good examples are Vlad making an official announcement that the AFL isn't scared of Soccer and Terry Wallace coming out to his press conference after the Socceroos got knocked out and gleefully saying "Now, let's get on with the real thing!" w***ers. :thumbsdown:
Fair enough poor form by them two... Two of the biggest douches in Footy don't really represent how most Footy fans feel about soccer though, I like a lot of other fans like Soccer

The commentators.. The way they always say this is the greatest goalscorer in the history of the a-league it's a 3 year old league it has no history.. The way they think a 10 000 person crowd is impressive.. Last year I was watching a game of Adelaide vs Someone and they said the reason nobody was there was because they were watching that other game up the road the tone he said it in showed how jealous he was of footy and how it was more popular in Australia..

Specifically Simon Hill is the commentator in question. Wasn't to happy that the NFL played on Wembley Stadium the other month either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Specifically Simon Hill is the commentator in question. Wasn't to happy that the NFL played on Wembley Stadium the other month either.

That's different. Wembley is HOLY. You might as well play NFL in the Sistine Chapel, for all the offensiveness it's worth.

Fair enough poor form by them two... Two of the biggest douches in Footy don't really represent how most Footy fans feel about soccer though, I like a lot of other fans like Soccer

The Footy Shows (AFL & NRL) did combine for a show last year in Germany while the World Cup was on. So not everyone associated with AFL hates soccer.

Good point, You didn't hear any of the AFL commmentators complaining about Australia playing Argentina on the MCG in the middle of the finals series

Good point, You didn't hear any of the AFL commmentators complaining about Australia playing Argentina on the MCG in the middle of the finals series

It's completely different.

You obviously have no idea of the significance of Wembley.

And the fact that just 3 days later England were playing a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier, that they just happened to go on and lose.

If you saw the game you would've saw the disgraceful condition of the pitch.

It's completely different.

You obviously have no idea of the significance of Wembley.

And the fact that just 3 days later England were playing a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier, that they just happened to go on and lose.

If you saw the game you would've saw the disgraceful condition of the pitch.
How is it different, just 4 days later a semi-final was played at the MCG....
I'm confused.. You said just three days later but the only NFL game played at Wembley was on october 28th.. England didn't play at Wembley again until November 21st

How is it different, just 4 days later a semi-final was played at the MCG....
I'm confused.. You said just three days later but the only NFL game played at Wembley was on october 28th.. England didn't play at Wembley again until November 21st

Wembley is HOLY. It is the HOLY LAND. It is our Vatican, our Mecca, our Ganges.

I thought it was slightly closer together than nearly a month but I'm mistaken.

Regardless, the pitch was still horribly cut up.

Could I ask you a serious question? Why are you posting on this board?

To cause trouble? Boredom? What?

I thought it was slightly closer together than nearly a month but I'm mistaken.

Regardless, the pitch was still horribly cut up.

Could I ask you a serious question? Why are you posting on this board?

To cause trouble? Boredom? What?
I'm a soccer fan so that's why I'm on this board, Just because I'm not praising the sport and pretending that it's 100% perfect doesn't mean I don't like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back