Ooops problems with ad // block - er ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Never noticed this pop up message before in the years since I've casually browsed BF and it incessantly rears its ugly head every time I try to access a page, not like once every 10 or so pages like other websites do.

Is this a deliberate ploy by the site owners to force people to whitelist adblockers for Big Footy? Because the insane amount of invasive ads makes it a shocking experience that I've been able to avoid all these years and left wondering whether your regular BF posters have actually been putting up with these ads for years and years which I find a bit sad. Thought your regular BF poster would be more internet savvy than that to be honest.

I'm not sure it's worth putting up with ridiculous ads that hinder the 'experience' from my perspective but maybe I'm the minority, every site that demands to be whitelisted I just find an alternative that doesn't obnoxiously do so.

I'm also copping it as a Platinum Member, which is slightly disappointing.
You don't even have ads to block 🤣

I have blockers that stop trackers without stopping ads, but then I also don't get ads because I have platinum. So not getting the oops pop up, per OP's question.

I always thought the site owners did it for love of the game and have more or less insinuated in the past that the ad barrages just derives a 'modest' income, so it's not like adblockers are depriving anyone out of millions unlike Rupert who claims google and the like have stolen billions of ad revenue from his news businesses.

Dj Khaled Love GIF by TikTok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back