FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

as a side note how much do you reckon Sheahan earns? Paper based journalism has historically paid like s**t.

Tabloid journalism is like commercial radio or TV - very few who earn a bucket-load, then a massive number who earn very little. Chief footy writer at the Herald Sun would have been a high six figures gig by the end, plus the other media deals he had going. He's very comfortable.

Tabloid journalism is like commercial radio or TV - very few who earn a bucket-load, then a massive number who earn very little. Chief footy writer at the Herald Sun would have been a high six figures gig by the end, plus the other media deals he had going. He's very comfortable.

why the obsession with money then? Its very odd.

why the obsession with money then? Its very odd.
Because its the one question we want to know. Countless threads on here and other forums/facebook etc that continually ask how much is a player earning.

So this is carried on across the years as well. I think its also about showing todays fans how much further the AFL has come in terms of pay deals

4 time premiership player also....Did his knee in the first 5 minutes of the 1983 grand Final....Came back & kicked 4 goals in the 1986 & 1989 premiership sides. Important player in both those wins.

Took some of the most incredible pack marks I've ever seen in the 1985 Reserves Grand Final...Think he kicked 8 that day to get us over the line in the last quarter....Boy did we make some selection blunders on the big day that year.

Hawthorn head recruiter too, prior to Wrighty....Responsible for us picking up Buddy.

We had an option on him for a further year & decided to trigger it, which was then ratified in court as binding....Stayed with us till the end of his playing career thereafter.

Rumour has it Buddy got to know his daughter really well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because its the one question we want to know. Countless threads on here and other forums/facebook etc that continually ask how much is a player earning.

So this is carried on across the years as well. I think its also about showing todays fans how much further the AFL has come in terms of pay deals

That says more about the limited imagination and interests of most footy fans than it does about being an insightful interviewer.

Just watched the Bucky one and thought it was boring as could possibly be. Would have been more interested to find out some insights of the great Hawthorn team of the 80s - how they were so good for so long, what was it like to play alongside those huge personalities, any thing new on the 89 Grand Final. With the Hawks dropping like flies, he was one of the Hawks best that day.

Played only 3 games the following year and that was that.....

Round 1 1991, Darren Jarman is now wearing #11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Bucky one and thought it was boring as could possibly be. Would have been more interested to find out some insights of the great Hawthorn team of the 80s - how they were so good for so long, what was it like to play alongside those huge personalities, any thing new on the 89 Grand Final. With the Hawks dropping like flies, he was one of the Hawks best that day.

Played only 3 games the following year and that was that.....

Round 1 1991, Darren Jarman is now wearing #11

Agree....Mike is a hopeless interviewer; with zero insight beyond the mainstream headlines.

Claremont Oval is reopening too so might be there for that. They knocked all the old buildings down and now have a new (albeit delayed) grandstand and players area. The rest will be apartments but right now apart from one block it's all yellow sand.

A surname is like Michael Sheahan is definitely not Jewish too.

Is there anything more than be said on the 89 Grand Final? Probably been the most analysed/discussed VFL/AFL GF in past 40 years.

That's my point. We've heard from the likes of Dermott, Dipper and Dunstall a million times about it so if he had any new insights, they would be welcomed.
For instance:
Did he know the extent of the team's injuries? How did they try to overcome it given the lack of personnel?
At each of the three quarter time breaks they had a 6 goal lead, did they ever feel safe?
Even today, what toll did the game have on them - mentally and physically?

And you know what, you may be right and he's got nothing to add. But I'd be more interested in hearing answers to these questions than some of the dumb ones Mike asked...

That's my point. We've heard from the likes of Dermott, Dipper and Dunstall a million times about it so if he had any new insights, they would be welcomed.
For instance:
Did he know the extent of the team's injuries? How did they try to overcome it given the lack of personnel?
At each of the three quarter time breaks they had a 6 goal lead, did they ever feel safe?
Even today, what toll did the game have on them - mentally and physically?

And you know what, you may be right and he's got nothing to add. But I'd be more interested in hearing answers to these questions than some of the dumb ones Mike asked...

I would have loved to have heard from Bucks about when he coached Subiaco through the season with only two losses only going on to lose then second semi by less than a goal to my boys West Perth and were then pummeled in the Grand Final by us again even with their host of AFL players like Lamb, Langdon, Schofield, Parker etc and trying to injure our players because they knew we had their number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back