Opinions. What will be a pass/fail next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

mach man

Rookie
May 30, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Would like your opinions on what is considered successful and what would be a failure next season? At what point would you say ""we have arrived as a contender"" or ""its a total failure again""

yes...

not convinced riewoldt can snare another coleman, sadly

I find it funny that you pointed out the coleman part, not the premiership part.

Anyway, top 8 finish is a success, winning a final is the icing on the cake for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on whether the spin remains and the club continues on with depth and then dress it up as good drafting...yes the Houli and Grigg ones didnt cost much but the coach is spinning it as great recruiting.

They will be happy with just making the 8 and doing nothing in the finals or saying we are improving and its all about 'smart' recruiting when we just miss the finals again.

Or else we can be ruthless and do some real recruiting and then top 6 at the very least.

Maybe a tad early for the thread but, given our season is over, fair enough.

I've had very limited expectations of the side up until now, believing a slow and structured rebuild was required (another one). I thought we'd finish 10th - 12th this year and that would be about right.

That said, I think anything less than finals next year could be categorised as a failure. We need to be challenging the top teams by that stage to have any hope of winning a premiership with this group of players.
We turn five of six of those very close losses to wins and we're in.

Minor premiership then Grand Final win over Collingwood by 100 points with Cotchin winning the Norm Smith.. Anything less would be a dismal failure..

Too early to tell. Have to see the results of the trade period and fixture to give an accurate response. If we played West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney twice and didn't pick up any experienced players I would go into the season with different expectations than if we picked up Cloke and played Melbourne, GWS, GC, Port and the Bulldogs twice.

In the first scenario it's entirely possible to win 13 games, improve on this year, and still miss the finals on %.

I went for 10 wins and very little between our best and worst for this season as a pass mark, next year 12-14 wins regardless of our fixture.

I went for 10 wins and very little between our best and worst for this season as a pass mark, next year 12-14 wins regardless of our fixture.

i agree as this is an upward curve. finals may or may not occur but the absolute minimum is fighting to make the 8 still by round 22/23.

Maybe a tad early for the thread but, given our season is over, fair enough.

I've had very limited expectations of the side up until now, believing a slow and structured rebuild was required (another one). I thought we'd finish 10th - 12th this year and that would be about right.

That said, I think anything less than finals next year could be categorised as a failure. We need to be challenging the top teams by that stage to have any hope of winning a premiership with this group of players.
We turn five of six of those very close losses to wins and we're in.

Pretty much thinking the same thing as you Bruce. I just wanted to continue to see improvement. Which I believe is the case. I also think if we did make finals this year, exit first week. Only becos it would have been a real stretch to get there. As it is now I think we'll get to 10-12. One more strong preseason. The the assault begins next year. I will be disappointed if we dont give it a shake next year. But if all goes well with injuries etc. I really can't see us missing next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back