Opportunity to support a bloke who supported the Roys

Remove this Banner Ad

If you love the Roys, rock and roll, and the live music scene in Melbourne, you might just want to take a moment to check this out.

Pure Pop Records in St Kilda is a small establishment offering live music to a cosy crowd. It has hosted become somewhat of an institution over a short time and is well respected.

The bane of live music around the suburbs, frivolous noise complaints, has been brought to bear against Pure Pop and the venue faces closure if it can't further soundproof itself from the outside world. A shame, as it's courtyard feel is probably likely to suffer if it has to be further enclosed.

The bloke running the show is a Roys fan, he stood with the Mob at matches and spent time with fans having a barrack and a laugh. He was a Mob member and a delight to carry on with.

He also played in a popular pop cover band around the same time and invited a few of us to come see him. We duly obliged and a litany of beer-filled shouting-fitzroy-yobbo infested pub nights followed. It's a wonder he didn't just vomit all over us, we must have been that obnoxious.

Now he's got a fundraiser going to help cover the soundproofing, with goodies on offer to those who meet donation markers.

Anyways, suffice to say that this same bloke played a big part in helping the wife and I get back to Australia when our medicine hunt went arse-up, our situation seriously threatened us with homelessness which really could have spelled the end of the line for my very crook missus. He kicked in (along with dozens of other saviours from this site and elsewhere) and for that I am forever grateful, and hereby wish to spam his fundraiser :

http://www.pozible.com/project/17490/77748

Please consider giving it a look, you can donate as little as $1 and this is one straight-up bloke who has really earnt the support. You'll also be sticking it to the noise complaint whingers in the same stroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back