No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

The really stupid thing is, if Adelaide is unwilling to part with him for the price SOS is willing to pay, we won't bother. That's been our default position for the last 3 years, since he took over; only trade what you're willing to lose, if they name a price try to meet it using what resources you have, but if you're priced out them's the breaks.

This is why I don't really care about this trade. We get McGovern, awesome; we don't, whatever.

It gets better guys and girls.

Pick 1
For
McGovern
Pick 19
Pick 37

Equivalent of Pick 8. Carlton fans might think this overs but 2 years to go on his contract demands it
Much more realistic than the majority of that lot.

Wouldn't take it, though. Why miss out on Walsh/Lukosius for a third tall and two seconds?

Not sure why they keep bring up Gibbs, they will burn the place down after trade period
From what I read, they're determined to make the McGovern equal Gibbs, because he's contracted.

As far as they're concerned, that's the only factor that influences the potential deal. Sure, he's contracted, but he's also disgruntled where Gibbs wasn't, shitty about CM and his injury rehab where Gibbs wasn't, Gibbs after having his trade derailed in the first place played his best year to date where McGovern may be far less professional (and he may have grounds for it). In addition, Gibbs was the head honcho in our midfield (or, at least, inside our top 2 players while he was with us) where McGovern sits at a distant 10-15th picked in their side, and that looks to be eclipsed should Fogarty come along the way he's threatening. They ain't dropping Tex for Gov, ditto Walker, ditto Jenkins either (and there's another one they could lose this season, too).

I get why they're being intransigent, but beyond a certain point they're just being petulant.

From what I read, they're determined to make the McGovern equal Gibbs, because he's contracted.

As far as they're concerned, that's the only factor that influences the potential deal. Sure, he's contracted, but he's also disgruntled where Gibbs wasn't, shitty about CM and his injury rehab where Gibbs wasn't, Gibbs after having his trade derailed in the first place played his best year to date where McGovern may be far less professional (and he may have grounds for it). In addition, Gibbs was the head honcho in our midfield (or, at least, inside our top 2 players while he was with us) where McGovern sits at a distant 10-15th picked in their side, and that looks to be eclipsed should Fogarty come along the way he's threatening. They ain't dropping Tex for Gov, ditto Walker, ditto Jenkins either (and there's another one they could lose this season, too).

I get why they're being intransigent, but beyond a certain point they're just being petulant.
Culture of that board is the worst on the site. Not surprising.

The really stupid thing is, if Adelaide is unwilling to part with him for the price SOS is willing to pay, we won't bother. That's been our default position for the last 3 years, since he took over; only trade what you're willing to lose, if they name a price try to meet it using what resources you have, but if you're priced out them's the breaks.

This is why I don't really care about this trade. We get McGovern, awesome; we don't, whatever.
This doesn't seem that stupid to me.

From what I’ve read I think they believe Jeremy McGovern is their player, not Mitch:astonished:

This doesn't seem that stupid to me.
Stupid of them to insist without naming what they would accept outside of pick 1.

When we traded away Yarran/Henderson/Gibbs, we named what we thought they were worth to their respective clubs, and those clubs found ways to satisfy that price. If they insist on pick 1 and leave no other value, they're done and they're dumb, because there's no way out from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid of them to insist without naming what they would accept outside of pick 1.

When we traded away Yarran/Henderson/Gibbs, we named what we thought they were worth to their respective clubs, and those clubs found ways to satisfy that price. If they insist on pick 1 and leave no other value, they're done and they're dumb, because there's no way out from there.
Happy to use pick one on McGovern

Likely to be the best option in the preseason draft

I agree with this, however these rumours have been around for awhile so if we have been having dialogue with McGovern about getting him across, we would also not want to turn our back on him and leave him hanging.

I agree with this, however these rumours have been around for awhile so if we have been having dialogue with McGovern about getting him across, we would also not want to turn our back on him and leave him hanging.
I'm not sure I agree, because if that is the case then Adelaide have a contracted player and are well within their rights to hold onto him. There are other factors that affect his value certainly, but if they play hardball with his price our maneuver is very much to tell them to take a hike.

I'm not sure I agree, because if that is the case then Adelaide have a contracted player and are well within their rights to hold onto him. There are other factors that affect his value certainly, but if they play hardball with his price our maneuver is very much to tell them to take a hike.

I'm sure they have a plan in place and MM's manager would have been told what you have just said. They can ask for the world but they are not going to get it.

That would most definitely be part of the dialogue with Mitch ‘Mate you’re contracted with Adelaide still and we want you but if they don’t come to terms we may not be able to make it happen’.

I mean surely if we’ve been in contact for a while he has been told this or at least understands this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back