Things I can't wait for in Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollands bros
Harry Mck returning to somewhere near his best
Williams back
Cowan development
Motlop 3rd year more experience, more consistency?
Binns
Cunners full PS
Heathy & Fit J Martin
Durdin
Charlie getting another chance at finals
Acres & Cottrell - can they improve further or stay at the level
Another year to refine our system & hallmark of contest & pressure

So much to be excited about & natural improvement to come also.

Lets shoot for the stars!!! :cool:

Things I can't wait for in Season 2024?

For us to bring home the 17th cup of course :D

How do we get there?
We were so close this year, and with that the players have learnt what is needed to get to and win finals.

What I'm looking forward to is all the players to buy-in and have a huge pre-season.

Our game plan to go up a notch or three, with the base being the relentless efforts and intensity that we've shown in the 2nd part of 2023.
I want to see plan A, B, C and D e.g. take McKay and CC out of the fwd line if the big guys are not on for the match and play a much smaller forward line

There's too many players to name, but the key one for me are:
1. TDK to take the bulk of the ruck 85% and then McKay (or JSOS) to take the remaining 15% - this will make our team structure so much better
2. New additions in 2024 - including ZWilliams returning, EHollands and Binns. These guys to fight and push the team that played the prelim
3. Small forwards to step up - Motlop (3rd year) and CDurdin
4. More healthy and fit players with a full pre-season

Extension from my wish regarding a cohesive forward line.

J Russell, weaves his magic.

Now that we have Elijah, he slots in nicely and kicks 20 goals for the year. Martin, Harry, Curnow, JSOS each are able to play at least 20-21 H&A games and are fully fit for finals. And Motlop and little Durds cement their place up forwards leaving Owies and Fogarty as depth.

Taking my boy to his first game of footy. Taking a 1 year old, what could possibly go wrong, right?

Probably need to wait till they’re 4 - and then find them something to look forward to after they’ve finished their hot chips - which might take you to somewhere about 5 minutes into the first quarter. :p

Tom Papley in the navy blue (2nd half of the season anyway)..!

• Marchbank achieving his rightful place as an A grader intercept defender only behind the likes of Lever.
  • TDK gaining that 10% improvement giving more choices on our weakest area - the ruck situation
  • Binns because you just cant ignore what he was doing in the 2s despite the reasons put forward for him not playing ones
  • JSoS just because I love players that bleed effort. He deserves success and best 22 respect.
  • The decision on pressure fwds (Durdin/Owies/Cunners) vs creative fwds (Hollands/Martin/Motlop)
  • The connection between midfielders and fwds to rid ourselves of that down the line high ball crap

A season without a s**t patch, finals locked in by roughly round 18 and a top 4 finish.

Excited to see what Elijah can do, and hopefully Razzle Dazzle show something close to his best footy.

Natural progression from most of the list..especially our 2 - 4 year players, Williams back in the team and Walahy taking it to another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues to win number 17 :trophy:

My (almost) annual interstate trip....The fixture to be released (reportedly on 16th November) so I can start planning said interstate trip.

Looks more than likely we will have Brisbane at the Gabba early March (then Tiges on Thursday 14th March, Roos on Good Friday & * on Kings Birthday Eve).

Might bite the bullet & go to Gather Round in 2024.
Bring it on.

GO BLUES!!!

All I want to see is us continue to improve, don't care how it comes. The top 4 would be great, the top two incredible and would give us a greater chance at taking the ultimate prize home. A more consistent performance during the year would be good too.

Feeling upbeat about next year, we look fully primed for a huge tilt at number seventeen.

Their will be injuries of course, but hopefully no major ones. Not everything will go to plan, of course.

We will be given a tougher draw, than we have had for quite some time. This is a good thing and we are now resilient enough to cope with this imo.

We will need our core of battle hardened warriors to do it again. We will also need some younger and lesser lights to step up.

TDK needs to improve again and clearly be our number one.

Harry to get his mojo back in front of the sticks.

Cuners to get his running power back after a pre-season without hiccups.

Walshy to have a career best season and win the Brownlow.

Elijah to settle down and grow up. Reckon he will love playing with his brother in front of 90,000 fans. Crippa, Weiters, Acres and Doch will get along side him and show real leadership.

Cream on top to be Orazio, every chance that he can put his injury problems largely behind him. At full fitness, he will make a tremendous difference to our forward line. His line breaking pace is something we have been crying out for.

Bring on 24, Go Blues!

Mostly getting a look at how we play, what sort of footy we are going to play, particularly our running game.

Keen to see our backline become one of the better two way running and pace generating defences in the game. Saad, Williams and Boyd generating run from half back as well as Marchbank and McGovern's ability to also contribute to this. Our backline is something I am keen to get a look at.

The midfield is the other one. I am keen to see how well we are covering the ground and moving the ball. We have a really good onball core of players in there so hoping we can build on that.

Forward line of course. We have loads of talent and some new talent coming in so seeing how that functions will be interesting.

Hoping we can play a winning style of high quality modern footy. Looking forward to seeing what style of footy we will play and how well we run and how well we move the ball.

good-morning-window.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back