Autopsy 2024 Round 1 Blues hold on in yet another heartstopper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a clear development in our game this year, the run to capitalise on manic pressure.
Take a bow Voss and Russell, and the boys for elevating the fitness game.

Last edited:
Well we lost 3 key players and had a reduced bench but that's hardly the Blue's fault lol. So yeah we lost fair and square.

I don't bother with the RFC section as much for the same reason. I love my club but I can't stand victim cards.

The Richmond fans who on the board think the AFL is stage managed, was it also stage managed for 3 recent Richmond flags?

The Richmond fans who on the board think the AFL is stage managed, was it also stage managed for 3 recent Richmond flags?
the official response is "we had to be better than everyone by so far to beat the opposition and the umpires"....

Cuningham was actually rated 4th highest for our team against the Tigers

#4 Rated Carlton Player
12 Disposals (83.3% Eff)
4 Contested, 3 Intercepts
4 Ground Ball Gets, 1 Clearance
2 Marks, 3 Tackles (1 Forward 50)
3 Score Involvements, 1 Score Launch
2 Inside 50s, 1 Rebound 50
224 Metres Gained

It is indeed a difficult position but we also have depth there so if they aren’t able to get involved they will be replaced with Martin, Hollands and Durdin outside the 22

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where do you get those players ratings from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's some sort of GPS glitch.

I recall seeing a GPS graphic pop up some time during the game on Ch7 (not near the end of the game) which had Cripps at 22km and TDK next and everyone else miles behind.
I was at the game and saw the stats on the screen after the first quarter or so - Cripps 22kms with other players on single digits.

Wonder if the glitch wasn’t fixed and still showed Cripps on 22kms at the end of the game….probably shortchanged him a couple of kms. 😀

Weitering is the most important player at the CFC imo. Irreplaceable.
We have won the last two without him......... :think:

Doubt very much we would have done this without Crippa.
Possibly 6 Brownlow votes too.

Weiters is super important no doubt but just saying I think sometimes we may
underestimate our champion skipper's importance.

IMO still numero uno, drags the whole team with him. His incredible strength, endurance,
passion and leadership are second to none in the whole comp.

If/when he lifts that magical No. 17 cup up it will catapult him into the sphere of GREATEST BLUEBAGGER of ALL TIME imo.

Not far off it right now.

IMO still numero uno, drags the whole team with him. His incredible strength, endurance,

If/when he lifts that magical No. 17 cup up it will catapult him into the sphere of GREATEST BLUEBAGGER of ALL TIME imo.

Not hard as I’ve grown up watching us be terrible but he’s definitely the best I’ve seen play for the blues

Just a reminder that we still have...
  • Our best defender in Jacob Weitering to return
  • Our best midfielder in Sam Walsh to return
  • Our best mid-sized forward in Jack Martin to return
  • Our best small forward in Jesse Motlop to return
  • Our new recruit in Elijah Hollands to come in
  • + likely Caleb Marchbank who should be right after the bye
Hopefully we get some positive injury news during the week for the above but great to see that the players who have filled in for those missing so far have been largely great.

You could make the case for Cripps and Charlie as well and would potentially have a 33.3% split of support in that poll.

My argument would be that the gap between Weitering and his replacement is much larger than Cripps and his replacement.

Also, having someone who can eliminate the impact of the oppo’s key forward is a direct impact on winning games (not that Cripps doesn’t impact this).

Without Cripps we’re going nowhere. Way way too heavily reliant on his beast mode dominance to win the midfield/stoppage battle…..where it all starts and what typically determines the outcome of a game.

Weiters is important in that he helps reduce the OPPO scoring power but if OPPO win the midfield battle convincingly then even 3 x weiters probably won’t stop them from scoring.

H and Charlie are more important than weiters because if you win the midfield battle you also need players that can score …otherwise it will keep slingshotting back the other way.

So my ranking for our most important players would be…
1. Cripps
2. H/Charlie
3. Weiters

Credit to Kemp and Young for filling the key defensive holes against imposing forwards during the first two games in the absence of Weits and co. Not great but they’ve done enough.

Kemp, especially, I have plenty of hope for in the future. Young has to be persevered with as a reserve and hopefully he builds his confidence & belief.

Back