Autopsy 2024 Round 1 Blues hold on in yet another heartstopper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches' Votes

8 - Mitch McGovern (CARL)
7 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
6 -
Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
5 - Noah Balta (RICH)
3 - Harry McKay (CARL)
1 -
Toby Nankervis (RICH)

Coaches' Votes

8 - Mitch McGovern (CARL)
7 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
6 -
Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
5 - Noah Balta (RICH)
3 - Harry McKay (CARL)
1 -
Toby Nankervis (RICH)
Flip Harry and Vlastuin. TDK more impact than Nankervis if we are going ruck v ruck for a vote given taking clutch moments in the last.

I'm Garters and that's my story....

Hey Mods,

Can we please open the Round 3 preview thread? I'm sitting at home refreshing the Round 1 Autopsy when I could be refreshing the Round 3 thread instead!

🙏🙏🙏
start a crypto thread the norfs fred before teh norfs fred..?

Can’t help but feel like Cripps has been robbed in the coaches votes first 2 weeks. Could easily be on 5 Brownlow votes imo

Think people aren’t ready for the idea of him being in the best 3-4 players in the comp after writing him off again for the 100th time
It's interesting cos he's had relatively few clearances by his standards, so that also suggests he's finding ways to impact even beyond that, and of course playing perhaps a more sacrificial role.

Can’t help but feel like Cripps has been robbed in the coaches votes first 2 weeks. Could easily be on 5 Brownlow votes imo

Think people aren’t ready for the idea of him being in the best 3-4 players in the comp after writing him off again for the 100th time
Feel he got looked after the year he won. Swings and roundabouts.

For sure. Cant remember that far back except the overall theme. Looking at one of the games where he got 2 votes he had 10 clangers and 7 turnovers. Butchered it non stop but umpires are clueless. They went, he got it a lot of times so he must be top 2 this week. They dont have deep analysis skills...

So my point above, swings and roundabouts applies.

I'd agree he missed votes too. Swings and roundabouts.

It's interesting cos he's had relatively few clearances by his standards, so that also suggests he's finding ways to impact even beyond that, and of course playing perhaps a more sacrificial role.
Looks super fit and slimmed down a bit, has really lifted his running game on the outside, was involved in most of our fast running plays, has really adapted his game to our heavy running game style and he looks great doing it, another thing he gets some stick for his disposal but his kicking has really improved especially going inside 50, just becoming a lot more balanced midfielder.

Needs some lift from his fellow mids in terms of contested ball where he is carrying the bulk of the load, we don’t want him beaten up come September like last year and the other mids need to share the load better, that’s Cerra and Hewett who need to lift there games.

For sure. Cant remember that far back except the overall theme. Looking at one of the games where he got 2 votes he had 10 clangers and 7 turnovers. Butchered it non stop but umpires are clueless. They went, he got it a lot of times so he must be top 2 this week. They dont have deep analysis skills...

So my point above, swings and roundabouts applies.

I'd agree he missed votes too. Swings and roundabouts.
Don't get what you're trying to say. Not just one player gets the swings and roundabouts. Not only umpires are clueless or don't have deep analysis skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get what you're trying to say. Not just one player gets the swings and roundabouts. Not only umpires are clueless or don't have deep analysis skills.
I havent understood either of your 2 posts.

Your first post just said 'looked' with no context to help discussion one way or the other. Your second quoted sentence above makes no sense at all as you make no point about it where I did.

Can you stop quoting/replying to me. I wont be able to get those minutes back in life!

I havent understood either of your 2 posts.

Your first post just said 'looked' with no context to help discussion one way or the other. Your second quoted sentence above makes no sense at all as you make no point about it where I did.

Can you stop quoting/replying to me. I wont be able to get those minutes back in life!
Take some time to learn to read and write. Bye

animation loop GIF by davestrick

Does Carrol have a right foot kick? I love his work but am waiting for him to get worked out, and start turning the ball over if he does not have a right foot. Major upgrade on Dow and E Curnow
Does Crippa have a left foot?
No, no he doesn’t!
Only a few blokes have the dual sided skill these days, you know that Jezz!👍

Cripps is a great contest player and compensates in other areas. A player who is more outside needs to be dual sided if his effect is not minimised by forcing him onto his wrong side.
He’s doing alright so far, as Crippa said, “he’s done his apprenticeship and worked on his game really hard”.
Let’s see how good he can become, it might be an area he needs to address but his left peg has great penetration and his evasive skills in tight have really surprised me, nice quick hands and thinks super fast!
I’m bloody impressed mate, as I’m sure you are?!👍

Back