TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. You of all people asking for a discussion to wrap up! A fantastic development.

Feel free to point me to where that chat was. I obviously missed it. According to SBS, they are working hard to pronounce things correctly, as per Les' legacy. I know many say they get things wrong (as they did about Les), but SBS's language services are very good and I'm happy for them to put in that effort.

World Cup General Discussion thread.

Everyone does. I bought it after the s**t show and when they said everyone will get there cash back.

Not sure if i have been refunded just yet but I got an email telling me it has been done.
How much is your refund for? Are you compensated with Fetch Mini for any amount of time?

How much is your refund for? Are you compensated with Fetch Mini for any amount of time?
I got the $15 or whatever it was back and I don't have fetch.

I signed up after they released the statement that said it was going to be free and everyone would be refunded.

I assume they may have done that through an automatic process that used certain subscriptions and certain times.

They would be hoping the others wouldn't request a refund. Just call them and make a stink. You'll be looked after, I'm sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ghts-south-east-Asia.html?ito=social-facebook

Facebook has agreed a £200million deal to exclusively broadcast Premier Leaguematches in four Asian countries from next year.

It represents a major breakthrough for the social media behemoth after they saw off competition from television networks BeIn Sports and Fox Sports Asia in the auction for broadcast rights to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

The deal will commence at the beginning of the 2019-20 season and run until 2022 and means Facebook will livestream all 380 Premier League matches in those countries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ghts-south-east-Asia.html?ito=social-facebook

Facebook has agreed a £200million deal to exclusively broadcast Premier Leaguematches in four Asian countries from next year.

It represents a major breakthrough for the social media behemoth after they saw off competition from television networks BeIn Sports and Fox Sports Asia in the auction for broadcast rights to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

The deal will commence at the beginning of the 2019-20 season and run until 2022 and means Facebook will livestream all 380 Premier League matches in those countries.
They should have the infrastructure to meet demand

Does anyone know whether this would be based on where your account is registered, or where you're connecting from?

(*Checks to see that his VPN includes one of those countries. And success!*)

Does anyone know whether this would be based on where your account is registered, or where you're connecting from?

(*Checks to see that his VPN includes one of those countries. And success!*)
The current Facebook website has a problem on iOS where once you click on a video to play it's very hard to get out. You have to hit close and swipe it off screen before it gets a chance to go full-screen again. I hope they give that web portal some attention, because I suspect if you had the app that they might notice if you were dipping in and out of 'Thailand' just for the match... Or maybe they'll be like Optus and only care about getting numbers up early days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back