News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we entertaining Orazio when we may need all our round 2 and 3 picks to secure Lachlie Jones and Taj Schofield?

No harm in faking interest to help force opposition to use up more cap.

Can't see where he could possibly fit in or replace. Even if Ebo retires would rather see us take a small short term hit and develop our kids

Lol last year Vic journos thought we were robbing them in a straight swap with Ollie. Now they concede Orazio has limited value.
Which to them means a straight swap for SPP + steak knives

Dear Essington,

Your side is s**t.
We are much better than you.
Most of your first 22 would not fit into our first 22.
Unless you have someone significant to offer then go away.

Port

Dodoro has to be the worst in his position in the entire league (is it list manager?), he is genuinely hurting his club by overvaluing the players. You can’t try and offload a player who you don’t want and then complain that a superstar in return is the minimum you’ll accept. Has set them back years by not getting rid of Fantasia, Daniher, Francis, etc when they initially tried to leave.

I sort of feel that if Fantasia is actually available for the sort of picks talked about in the media now that he would be a bit of a free hit to see if we can make him work. Our views on him have been coloured a bit by the straight swap for wines talk. For a pick in the 50’s I think the club would look at it.

Pretending to want Razzle Dazzle just so the Tingles will go after him so they can have "a win" would be an amazing strategy if I thought they were dumb enough to fall for it.
1601932744520.png

I told them we already got one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who in Thursday night's 22 do those that want the club to go after Fantasia see him replacing?

I don't particularly want Fantapants but the idea that players are only with getting if they fit in our best 22 is pretty short sighted. If you could get Fantasia for peanuts as a depth player you might as well do it.

I don't particularly want Fantapants but the idea that players are only with getting if they fit in our best 22 is pretty short sighted. If you could get Fantasia for peanuts as a depth player you might as well do it.
Thanks, you've made my point. He would only be a depth player, and an injury prone one at that, one of a number of depth players that would be on our list. A list that is likely to be reduced in size. As for getting him for peanuts did I miss the news that Essendon have sacked Dodoro?

Last edited:
Is he mates with Merrett? I’d pick him up if it meant we got Merrett next year as a free agent...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They were both dumped from the Essendon leadership group (along with Daniher who is all but out the door).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back