News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not saying we get him but I think it’s hard to judge stats for a forward in a really awful team...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah it would be dependenent on what he costs us, at the most a Bonner swap but knowing Essendrug they would want he and SPP lol.
We do have to keep in mind the players we have that are close to retiring, Gray, Boak, Ebert, so I wouldn't discount Fantasia, like i said it has to be a realistic trade, considering his injury history.

I don't want Fantasia, I hope we aren't serious, but I don't mind if CD plays a public courting game, because if we are interested in Crouch, it could be part of the negotiations, ie Adelaide can't let Port get both Crouch and Fantasia, so they shift their focus onto him and they waste their time dealing with Dodoro.

OF feels like a Toumpas type pickup to me, keep him on the list for a bit of depth and watch him play most weeks for the Maggies. Recall him if Butters/Motlop type get injured, although Woodcock should be the next of kin after those 2.

Hes worth a second/third rounder at best, the Bombers can't get too picky here, playing good footy 2-3 years ago may not mean much now. His playing style too doesn't compliment our list or gameplan much either.

Can see him going to the Crows on something stupid like a 4 year deal, and they'll promote their amazing signing of a star player, which counteracts the best 22 players that walk out on them every year.

Before we got Bergman and Williams I was all over Fantasia. Now he's superfluous to our needs, unless we're really going to play Bergman as a half back (which seems a waste of a guy who can run all day), which means Bonner is superfluous to our needs with Jones coming in and we can do a straight swap.

Would getting Fantasia improve our list? I believe so.

Do we need him? Not in a million years.

Can see him going to the Crows on something stupid like a 4 year deal, and they'll promote their amazing signing of a star player, which counteracts the best 22 players that walk out on them every year.
The next Troy Menzel.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a nothing tweet. That club is arse about
I think this tweet is the Football equivalent of the ”Your cat’s on the roof joke”

For those who don’t know it, Joe had to look after his neighbour’s cat while they were away for a week. He rings the family on day 3 to say “ The cat’s dead”. The wife is really upset and in shock and says to Joe, that he should have given them the bad news slowly, like saying 1. The cat’s missing, 2. The cat’s been found on the roof but won’t come down 3. It’s down but sick and then 4 it died. Next day Joe rings the wife and says, “Your mother is on the roof and won’t come down.”

I think the Essendon team manager just tweeted that “Orazio is on the roof”!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want Fantasia, I hope we aren't serious, but I don't mind if CD plays a public courting game, because if we are interested in Crouch, it could be part of the negotiations, ie Adelaide can't let Port get both Crouch and Fantasia, so they shift their focus onto him and they waste their time dealing with Dodoro.
Like your thinking Crouch OK, Fantasia a big NO

They say there’s two certainties in life.. death and taxes.
There is also a third one
Every year until the end of time Port Adelaide will somehow be linked to some dud Victorian Footballer that couldn’t get a kick in a street fight.

Yeah it would be dependenent on what he costs us, at the most a Bonner swap but knowing Essendrug they would want he and SPP lol.
We do have to keep in mind the players we have that are close to retiring, Gray, Boak, Ebert, so I wouldn't discount Fantasia, like i said it has to be a realistic trade, considering his injury history.

Zero chance I'd trade Bonner for Fantasia.

Riley clearly has areas of deficiency but he's showed enough in moments this game to make me want us to persist.

lol every other club = "We don't have a cultural problem"

Essendrugs = "We might have a cultural problem, we might not. But if we do have a cultural problem it's only because of the people that coach and play for the club."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back