Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a rough ride for up until the all star break as Skiles plays musical chairs with the roster then the Magic will go on a late run and grab a late playoff spot probably. The real fun is guessing who's going to be the random doghouse guy. There's never any logic to it which is what makes it so fun. :)

I have never really watched NBA aside from the odd game here and there. I bought NBA 2K16 this year on a whim and have loved it. It has taught me the rules properly and given me a new respect for the sport. So this year I'm going to start watching games and Magic is my team of choice. It is where I'm playing in my 2K career and I also use to own a jersey in the 90's as a kid. Dumb reasons I know, but if Magic ever become a great team, at least I can say I was with them when they were average. Looking forward to the season!

I have never really watched NBA aside from the odd game here and there. I bought NBA 2K16 this year on a whim and have loved it. It has taught me the rules properly and given me a new respect for the sport. So this year I'm going to start watching games and Magic is my team of choice. It is where I'm playing in my 2K career and I also use to own a jersey in the 90's as a kid. Dumb reasons I know, but if Magic ever become a great team, at least I can say I was with them when they were average. Looking forward to the season!
Welcome aboard!

You have a favourite player on the team yet?

Thank you! Going entirely off of 2K it's Vucevic. He's my boy. No idea if he's actually any good irl or not. Hoping to learn a lot this season.

Nice avatar btw.
Yeah Vuc is great. He's a double-double machine and probably one of our better shooters even though he's a big man.

Welcome to the Clan Sw3Et ! I've been going for the Magic since the 90s as well (Shaq/Penny era) and they're truly a fun team to watch. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded in a couple of seasons when all of our 21-25 years olds really start to blossom and we have too many stars to hold the ball!

Welcome to the Clan Sw3Et ! I've been going for the Magic since the 90s as well (Shaq/Penny era) and they're truly a fun team to watch. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded in a couple of seasons when all of our 21-25 years olds really start to blossom and we have too many stars to hold the ball!
Thanks mate! I intend to stick with them forever. I've gone back and watched a couple of the pre-season games. The one in particular against Houston was a great come from way behind victory. Getting to know the players hopefully Oladipo, Gordon and Harris hang around for a while. The most exciting of the younger guys for sure. Should be a good ride.

Man, that was intense. Really need to close out games like that, especially considering we were 18 up in the last. In the end though, it took a Westbrook half court 3pt to beat us. 0-2 but will only get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consecutive wins baby! We don't have any stars on the team, but any player on a given day will pop up and have a great game. And we have good depth too. Need to trade for a start PG and I reckon we'll be set for a while. EP was great yesterday, but can't do it all on his own.

Consecutive wins baby! We don't have any stars on the team, but any player on a given day will pop up and have a great game. And we have good depth too. Need to trade for a start PG and I reckon we'll be set for a while. EP was great yesterday, but can't do it all on his own.
Gotta be patient with Payton. It's only his second year. He's got a bucketload of talent.

Gotta be patient with Payton. It's only his second year. He's got a bucketload of talent.

I like your roster, reckon CJ Watson's a pretty good foil for Payton. Not spectacular, but can run an offence and shoot the three.

I was surprised that you let KOQ walk so cheaply, but Dedmon's developing nicely so it might work out for the best.

Reckon Dipo needs to shoot it a little less, but he has cut down on the turnovers since his rookie year. Aaron Gordon es bueno. Super Mario looks pretty smooth, and Afflalo for Fournier was a nice little trade.

Reckon you'll make a playoff push, might come down to the Bucks, Pistons and your good selves for the final positions.

I like your roster, reckon CJ Watson's a pretty good foil for Payton. Not spectacular, but can run an offence and shoot the three.

I was surprised that you let KOQ walk so cheaply, but Dedmon's developing nicely so it might work out for the best.

Reckon Dipo needs to shoot it a little less, but he has cut down on the turnovers since his rookie year. Aaron Gordon es bueno. Super Mario looks pretty smooth, and Afflalo for Fournier was a nice little trade.

Reckon you'll make a playoff push, might come down to the Bucks, Pistons and your good selves for the final positions.
I agree with all of the above.

We did okay today to stick with the Pacers until half way through the 4th. Then they packed the paint and dared us to beat them from range, which we just couldn't do. In fact we just kept driving and either turning over it over or kicking it out with loose passes so our free shooters didn't have time to get anything off before being covered.

Hopefully teams can't keep doing that when Vucevic returns. His mid range shot should help drag a big away from the hoop and open up a touch more space. Also his post ups can't hurt when we're desperate for a bucket.

Frye, incidentally, did well hitting shots today but Indiana seemed happy to let him take those, knowing they could mess him up on the other end. Indeed his post defence was terrible and his rebounding wasn't great so his game was actually a lot worse than his stats.

Also, despite his reputation, Hezonja looks good as an on ball defender with his size and athleticism. I've seen him do well against Paul George and DeRozen now. The problem is that he sucks at working through a screen, on or off ball, and screens are a big part of the NBA.

Also, despite his reputation, Hezonja looks good as an on ball defender with his size and athleticism. I've seen him do well against Paul George and DeRozen now. The problem is that he sucks at working through a screen, on or off ball, and screens are a big part of the NBA.
Hezonja is still a skinny kid by NBA standards. The fact that he is already this good gives me a boner over how he will be when he fills out a bit and packs on some muscle.

Hezonja is still a skinny kid by NBA standards. The fact that he is already this good gives me a boner over how he will be when he fills out a bit and packs on some muscle.

No doubt. Experience will also go a long way, IMO.

I remember in the Toronto game, Hezonja found himself defending a dribbling Corey Joseph on the perimeter. As soon as Mario turned his head to check for a screen, Corey took advantage and blew by him. Over time Mario will learn to listen to his team mates (or they'll learn to talk) and he'll learn to check for screens a little bit quicker and with more cunning.

What I'm getting at is, he's just a rookie.

Shabazz Napier was big for us today, which was timely as Watson was out and Oladipo left the game early. He shot 5/9 from 3 to lead us with 22 points. His shot making stuck out like a sore thumb and it really helped to spread the floor late in the game, which helped Payton get to the bucket to make nice passes.

We also actually saw the best and worst of Payton late in the game. Offensively, he either drove to the basket and made the perfect pass to a shooter or to a big man at the rim, or he forced a drive that wasn't there and took a bad shot. Defensively, he gave up 3 free throws to Lou Williams on a stupid reach on one play and then locked Williams down for a shot clock violation on another.

Payton's stats also show the best and worst of his game - 8 assists, 10 rebounds and 1 turnover is great. 1/13 and 2 points is terrible.

I feel like I like a lot of Orlandos players.

I just don't see how they are all going to work together ...

How about that Fournier though. When you traded aflallo for him I was like who?

Now I'm lol Denver. Best thing about your season I think has been his emergence.. In line for most improved in the nba or did I just not pay any attention to Denver last season.. Because it's Denver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back