Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the world as condemned this event. Talkback, podcasts, talk shows, message boards and forums. Nothing positive.

So with that lets get back to the real thing, and close this mofo down.

Put home court advantage for the finals on the line. Then you might see an actual game
Easily the best idea. A financial incentive seems irrelevant to these blokes worth hundreds of millions
This is by far my least favourite idea, is it fair for a team like Boston to lose home court when because the rest of the East All stars are worse (just an example).

No team should get an advantage for anything outside of the control of the actual teams.

I think it was Perk but he came up with a good idea,

Put some cash on the line maybe $1 mill per player on the winning side, and say $200k on the losing side or something.
I mean I’m okay with it, but they are already paid insane amounts of money for the product. They have incentives already in contracts for all star appearances, how about they just actually play the game they already get paid to play in?

* the all star game. Should play the mid season tournament final instead of the all star game. Offer $1M per player for the winner, plus a bunch of other incentives for the winning team (e.g. win any tie-breakers come playoffs, bump up 2 draft picks spots in the next draft, get an extra $5M in the salary cap for the following season etc etc).

It's been a rubbish stage play for a long long long time.

$1m won't move an NBA players needle. You'd have to start with $5m to get their attention. Any all star could get tell his agent to get him a $1m sponsor/add placement and there would be a list of suitors longer than Peter North.

Even the new-ish skills challenges are ******* boring. Like the one where 3 guys pass into giant moving donuts. Is that the best they can come up with?

Someone needs to put like $10m per player bounty on All Star Game.
Sick of seeing a glorified park shootaround. Its been garbage for a decade.
Maybe the league can just pull the all star game and take all the money it generates the league out of the player contracts 🤷‍♂️ they don’t wanna play it fine don’t get paid for it

Maybe the league can just pull the all star game and take all the money it generates the league out of the player contracts 🤷‍♂️ they don’t wanna play it fine don’t get paid for it

They wanna 'play' it, but they dont wanna play basketball.
Like Anthony Edwards said, its a break and a muck around.
I honestly dont see how any fans actually enjoy/watch it. Its horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back