The Week 8 NBA Thread - where we should all congratulate the Lakers. Salt and vinegar optional.

Who are the NBA's truest terrible traders?

• Your 2023 In-season tournament champion LA Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone's favourite duffers, your New Orleans Pelicans

• Danny 'I once robbed Billy King' Ainge and your Utah Jazz

• The Ghost of Joe Dumars and your Detroit '2-20' Pistons

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The 'let's build around Jordan Poole' Washington Wizards

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Some other plebs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn Minnesota are so *ing professional and tough as nails (at this point I am prepared to call them the toughest team in the league with a quarter of the season played)

If Chris Finch doesn't win coach of the year, I am going to eat a can of Pal Dog Food in protest/solidarity with the Wolves.

Really don't want to meet them in the finals.

Much rather Denver or Phoenix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rudy Golbert has expressed empathy for draymond greens situation.

Is Greens mental health the focus now, as we see with many a sportsperson who has behaved in a manner that doesn't fit into societys "norms"?
His mental health is a great way to deflect from being a w***er. He's been doing it for years. Not sure why his mental health is being brought up now. Maybe cause they arent winning as regularly

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His mental health is a great way to deflect from being a w***er. He's been doing it for years. Not sure why his mental health is being brought up now. Maybe cause they arent winning as regularly

I feel mental health is intrisincly now linked with any irrational behaviour or any thats unbecoming. In various dispatches, green has been compared to rodman in antics terms. I like many watched rodman, but i dont recall mental health being spoken about then. maybe it was but due to essentially no social media it wasnt talked about.

I feel mental health is intrisincly now linked with any irrational behaviour or any thats unbecoming. In various dispatches, green has been compared to rodman in antics terms. I like many watched rodman, but i dont recall mental health being spoken about then. maybe it was but due to essentially no social media it wasnt talked about.
Yeah rodman had a clear history of issues. Maybe green does too, not sure about off the court but more than likely he's just a di**head

I think Draymond does have mental health issues that does deserve a certain degree of understanding and empathy, but that kind of compassion should on go so far and definitely not apply to the likes of Miles Bridges and Kevin Porter Jnr and their scummy own off court behaviour.

Some time off court to reflect and grow as a person (not just as a player) will hopefully work for Draymond. No NBA fan really wants a fine/HOF worthy career of his to end in acrimony/disgrace cause he couldn't control his rage on court.

Was pretty decent of Gobert to speak out and express support for Draymond too

Worst contract in the league 😎🤣
It is when you lose KAT, Conley and Anderson in the off season.

Do you see T-Wolves paying 220 mill in salary next year? You are at 190 already without Conley and Anderson for next year. Somethings gotta give and in reality it can only be KAT.

Ill eat my words if in 2024/25 T-Wolves keep the team together AND/OR they win the title this year but for now him and McDaniels are just crap contracts because they are forcing them into giving up KAT who is well a star

I think Draymond does have mental health issues that does deserve a certain degree of understanding and empathy, but that kind of compassion should on go so far and definitely not apply to the likes of Miles Bridges and Kevin Porter Jnr and their scummy own off court behaviour.

Some time off court to reflect and grow as a person (not just as a player) will hopefully work for Draymond. No NBA fan really wants a fine/HOF worthy career of his to end in acrimony/disgrace cause he couldn't control his rage on court.

Was pretty decent of Gobert to speak out and express support for Draymond too
I think Draymond just doesnt understand physical basketball. European guys like Nurkic, Jokic, Sabonis, Gobert will body you since its what they did for 15+ years before they got to US. Green just isnt used to it so overreacts to it.

I think a bit of this is also Kerrs poor coaching too. Green has shown ZERO ability to defend the big European C in the post but he still puts him in the position.

All up Kerr has been a horrid coach this year. Worst in the league. Cant react to the changing dynamics in the team and is too arrogant to make wholesale changes and move with the times. Alot of people talking about moving Green, not giving Klay a new deal etc when in reality the change they need is actually a new coach

You can acknowledge the person's struggles without endorsing or excusing the actions. Too often in these conversations the two get conflated. Draymond's actions are not those of somebody with good emotional regulation, which makes you wonder and worry about his well-being. Meanwhile, the way he is responding to those (possible) difficulties is not acceptable.

Both extremes are wrong. Mental health difficulties do not give you a free pass to act how you feel. But also, behaviours like these are often (not always) signs that the person needs support. You can have both views simultaneously.

Ironic thing about my dislike of Jaden McDaniels contract is I actually have a signed card of his. Something random I do is buy signed basketball cards of obscure players that dont actually cost much. Own about 50+ cards but some I own from todays set of games

Miles Bridges (30)
Isiah Jackson (5)
Oshae Brisset (5)
Jordan Poole (30)
Taurean Prince (10)
Devin Vassell (30)
Jaden McDaniels (10)
Nick Richards (5)

Best card I own all up id say from current players is Jamal Murray for sure which I got in his first year for 40 bucks USD. Think the fact he is Canadian dropped his value at the time

EDIT : Price in USD from what i remember

Last edited:
Rotten luck for Jalen Suggs.

Looks like he has broken his arm. And he was having a breakout season. Awful to see :(
I was thinking the other day just how underrated he has been in there current form. Very efficient scorer and active defender.

I was on the fence about Magic being in on the trade market but I think they could be a good shout out for the Zach Lavine sweepstakes. Isaac/Fultz/Okeke for Lavine/Craig would work

Surely Bojan Bogdanovc ends up at OKC also?

Pistons got no need to keep him and OKC got a big need for a player of his ilk. Can easily just move Bertans and Porter Jnr + some picks for him. Would be a ideal use for 2 or so of their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back