NBA Week 14 & 15 - where the thread title lasts longer than Bruce Brown's Pacers career

Who is your under-the-radar spirit animal?

• Derrick White is alright, and a big forehead just means a bigger brain

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Isaiah Hartenstein is the archetypal dark horse. And not just because he's surprisingly black.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dean Wade is the everyman hero we need right now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it when a player sticks it to the Lakers, so Malik Beasley

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything Anthony Edwards said about OKC is true.

Never seen a team get so many phantom calls
Yeah, I absolutely hate his (and KAT's) whining, but the whistle OKC have gotten in all of our games this season has been unbelievable. SGA in particular.

Dame Lillard might be the worst "superstar" I've ever seen. Total botch by the FO.

Hope Giannis goes somewhere he can win as our window is shut.

"I haven't earned [referees' respect] yet, so it's OK," Edwards said.

"But I think tonight was bad from the refs. It was terrible. We didn't get no calls as a team. I got fouled multiple times, and I'm walking up to the ref telling him, 'Hey, can you watch this?' They just shaking their head. Yeah. And then soon somebody come down from their team and get bumped, it's a foul.

I think Eddy needed to explain his thoughts in a more eloquent manner. Firstly...
"I haven't earned [referees' respect] yet, so it's OK"

So, Edwards acknowledges the league rewards those who are stars/done the hard yards. He does not have that yet. That in itself is end of story no?

Weird ending in Portland. Brogdon gets the ball with about 2.0 left, Lillard wraps him up right away but the refs don't call a foul despite everyone waiting for them to, meaning that Brogdon takes about 5 steps holding the ball before the buzzer goes off. I know the chances were miniscule, but the Bucks still could've tied it up if the foul gets called.

I think Eddy needed to explain his thoughts in a more eloquent manner. Firstly...
"I haven't earned [referees' respect] yet, so it's OK"

So, Edwards acknowledges the league rewards those who are stars/done the hard yards. He does not have that yet. That in itself is end of story no?
Ant was being somewhat facetious there I think, but even if he wasn't, it then begs the question of why "respect" is relevant to equally enforcing the rules of the game.

one problem is a player like ANT is so strong that he'll finish through contact without it looking like it has effected him that much. so since he doesn't really try to sell it he doesn't get the calls.
but having this non-call defended by the L2M report is ridiculous and comes off as vindictive for bad mouthing the officials.

Attachments

• GFIF3X_W0AAQgZz.jpeg
    GFIF3X_W0AAQgZz.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 15
Ant was being somewhat facetious there I think, but even if he wasn't, it then begs the question of why "respect" is relevant to equally enforcing the rules of the game.

spot on. have seen plenty of calls lebron gets that are in a word disgraceful. conversely....

one problem is a player like ANT is so strong that he'll finish through contact without it looking like it has effected him that much. so since he doesn't really try to sell it he doesn't get the calls.
but having this non-call defended by the L2M report is ridiculous and comes off as vindictive for bad mouthing the officials.

shaq. shouldve been on the line 20 times a game

"AY AYY" - Ant on every drive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the L2M report, the following is "marginal contact, correct non-call." :oops:

E93l9xu.jpeg
Ant got it right in his post match interview, love to see them call out officials needs to be done more often.

If only he played for the current day Lakers. He'd be there that much by halftime amirite???

Dont get sucked into that lazy and ignorant mantra so often espoused by halfwits.

Shaq got nothing in his prime.

I'll just leave these here. Time stamped.

Lakers fans see lebron getting star calls weekly. Its disgusting.

<ahem> not all LAL fans are James fans... PITA diva if you want my opinion.
Correct. Heaps of us arent fans of lebrons antics. hard to watch.

Lebrone and AD are out of todays game against boston.

30 point loss coming up

Has put undue pressure on his son who in reality probably isn't good enough to play NBA (but will). Not a fan of his but I do like Davis and the way the Lakers play in general, too many teams are just chucking up endless 3's these days and I find that sort of basketball very, very boring to watch.

Has put undue pressure on his son who in reality probably isn't good enough to play NBA (but will). Not a fan of his but I do like Davis and the way the Lakers play in general, too many teams are just chucking up endless 3's these days and I find that sort of basketball very, very boring to watch.
i agree.

The lakers won the bubble championship with size, defence and fundamentals. Obviously dispensed with that thereafter given the way nba basketball is played/heading. This was their demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back