NBA Week 11 - Where the Pistons are on a one-game win streak

Which team would you trust most to outstink the rest if your life depended on it?

• The 1993 Mavs were the biggest collection of random forgettable plebs in history

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The 1998 Nuggets made Paul Westhead's Nuggets look like world-beaters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 2000 Clippers stunk worse than one of Donald Sterling's apartments

• The 2005 Hawks should be condemned to another 50 years of mediocrity for crimes against basketball

• The 2012 Bobcats should all have given themselves new identities, not just the mascot

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • The 2016 Sixers put the 1973 Sixers to shame

• The 2023 Pistons have truly put the 'Bad' in 'Bad Boys'

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klay looks like his lost a lot of confidence, turned down a few open shots out there

OG trade has been a masterstroke. Knocked off the best in the west now completely destroyed one of the top teams in the east.

Good win against the Bucks on Christmas Day also.

Keep it going Knicks.

Orlando beat a full strength Denver team on the road with no Franz, WCJ, Black, Harris, Bitazde, Ingles, Isaac and Fultz – what a time to be alive.

Paolo with the 32 point triple-double. Has to be an All-Star.

Orlando beat a full strength Denver team on the road with no Franz, WCJ, Black, Harris, Bitazde, Ingles, Isaac and Fultz – what a time to be alive.

Paolo with the 32 point triple-double. Has to be an All-Star.

With 34 FTS and Denver on there 9th B2b of the year 2 months into the season. Well done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both can be true.
Hali spent the entire end of a game trying to spoon feed a 20th assist a week ago.

Giannis tried to throw a ball off the back board for a rebound to get a triple double.

Any player close to 40 or 50 chuck for the milestone.

The NBA more than any chase stats, playing some of a 4th quarter in a blow out isn’t worth mentioning. DT is just obsessed

Where are those OG trade knockers now?
Did many knock it for the Knicks? Most praised it as a decent move. The only knock I saw was they still aren’t contenders which is true. The real thing that matters is do they retain OG (I think they will) and what the contract is.

Did many knock it for the Knicks? Most praised it as a decent move. The only knock I saw was they still aren’t contenders which is true. The real thing that matters is do they retain OG (I think they will) and what the contract is.
Knocking off the Bucks, Wolves and 76ers doesn’t put you up in the contending bracket? It’s a very even season. There’s not much separating a lot of teams at the moment.

Still not as consistent as the top teams but more confidence in us with OG than Barrett that’s for sure.

Knocking off the Bucks, Wolves and 76ers doesn’t put you up in the contending bracket? It’s a very even season. There’s not much separating a lot of teams at the moment.

Still not as consistent as the top teams but more confidence in us with OG than Barrett that’s for sure.
Not for me, in terms of do I think they can win a chip with this current roster? No I don’t.

Now again I think it’s a good trade, I don’t rate RJ and OG is a good advanced role player. Just don’t think they can win it all without more moves or one major move. If that happens maybe.

Biggest question is scoring in the playoffs.

No Quickley means you're down to two shot creators, and Randle has a career 34% FG% in the playoffs. I think you're going to have to address that before genuinely becoming a contender. Also Mitch Robinson's health impacts your depth.

Always liked the fit of Anunoby over Barrett though, makes infinitely more sense. And you still have assets to make a meaningful trade at some point in the next six months.

No Quickley means you're down to two shot creators, and Randle has a career 34% FG% in the playoffs. I think you're going to have to address that before genuinely becoming a contender. Also Mitch Robinson's health impacts your depth.

Always liked the fit of Anunoby over Barrett though, makes infinitely more sense. And you still have assets to make a meaningful trade at some point in the next six months.
I agree with all of that very hard to see us winning as I said no as consistent as the other sides but we’ve been able to hang with most of the big sides. Brunson and Randle are being extremely underrated.

We do need another piece though and with plenty of draft pick assets hopefully we can snag a decent pick up whether it’s this season or next off season.

A back up point/second ball handler is a must

A back up point/second ball handler is a must

Agreed. Monte Morris might be available very cheap as a stopgap solution. Never understood why the Pistons made that trade in the first place, what a waste.

Also, I think there's a Pricey's Mum joke in there somewhere.

Surprise surprise, another team plays their heart out whilst shooting the lights out against the lakers. Grizz shot an amazing 51% from 45 3s, and 53% FG. What can any team do to stop that shooting?

Now we're halfway into the season, I would like your thoughts on the Lakers' off-season, PN.

My memory was that, at least in the media, they were widely praised for their off-season work. I was mildly surprised, as I saw it more as a mixed bag, as follows:

Good: Getting Reaves re-signed at a bargain rate, Taurean Prince at a small price, DAR back at small risk

Neutral: Re-signing Hachimura (slightly risky), Gabe Vincent (slightly risky again), Cam Reddish (meh, but cheap), Wood (ditto)

Bad: Vanderbilt (don't like his fit, or his price), Jaxson Hayes (no risk, but he's just bad)

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd probably move Hachimura into being closer to good than bad, while Vincent is an N/A, but didn't look great on the few occasions he did play. DAR is still an enigma and questionable fit, but his contract is OK considering.

Thoughts?

Agreed. Monte Morris might be available very cheap as a stopgap solution. Never understood why the Pistons made that trade in the first place, what a waste.

Also, I think there's a Pricey's Mum joke in there somewhere.
She's got it going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back