NBA Week 11 - Where the Pistons are on a one-game win streak

Which team would you trust most to outstink the rest if your life depended on it?

• The 1993 Mavs were the biggest collection of random forgettable plebs in history

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The 1998 Nuggets made Paul Westhead's Nuggets look like world-beaters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 2000 Clippers stunk worse than one of Donald Sterling's apartments

• The 2005 Hawks should be condemned to another 50 years of mediocrity for crimes against basketball

• The 2012 Bobcats should all have given themselves new identities, not just the mascot

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • The 2016 Sixers put the 1973 Sixers to shame

• The 2023 Pistons have truly put the 'Bad' in 'Bad Boys'

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise surprise, another team plays their heart out whilst shooting the lights out against the lakers. Grizz shot an amazing 51% from 45 3s, and 53% FG. What can any team do to stop that shooting?
I think Ham is not to far away from losing his job.

I also expect d-lo AR would be on the trade table too.

Now we're halfway into the season, I would like your thoughts on the Lakers' off-season, PN.

My memory was that, at least in the media, they were widely praised for their off-season work. I was mildly surprised, as I saw it more as a mixed bag, as follows:

Good: Getting Reaves re-signed at a bargain rate, Taurean Prince at a small price, DAR back at small risk

Neutral: Re-signing Hachimura (slightly risky), Gabe Vincent (slightly risky again), Cam Reddish (meh, but cheap), Wood (ditto)

Bad: Vanderbilt (don't like his fit, or his price), Jaxson Hayes (no risk, but he's just bad)

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd probably move Hachimura into being closer to good than bad, while Vincent is an N/A, but didn't look great on the few occasions he did play. DAR is still an enigma and questionable fit, but his contract is OK considering.

Thoughts?

I thought the addition of the players who are new that you mentioned was worth it in terms of bench depth. Prince as a shooter was pick of the bunch. Rui provided solid but not spectacular play in his time last season which perhaps influenced the Laker organisation to re-sign him. He's kinda like the Joe Cole of the 2000s in the English EPL and to a lesser degree Jermain Pennant. A lot of promise with a good ceiling, convincing Liverpool FC to sign them. but ultimately not providing stellar performances the world thought they would. I see Rui as a big who can shoot. But not overly quick or athletic. Defensively nothing special. But if willing to buy into being a bench scorer then ok. Also helps the lakers sell merchandise in japan.

Gabe vincent was an interesting one. The Lakers like many were seduced by his playoff play. i thought it was risky given he's done it once but in a system designed and moulded by Heat Culture. I cant see it being reproduced.

I think the media were impressed with the signings because it was an improvement on Beasley, Troy Brown Jr, Gabriel, Mo Bamba and LWIV.

DAR has a nice contract which should appeal to suitors.

Vanders played his way out of the playoffs. Cant shoot. Versatile and defends but in the Lakers especially in the playoffs will he play?

The way I see it, they arent playing the playoffs/play in as predicted pre season.

I thought the addition of the players who are new that you mentioned was worth it in terms of bench depth. Prince as a shooter was pick of the bunch. Rui provided solid but not spectacular play in his time last season which perhaps influenced the Laker organisation to re-sign him. He's kinda like the Joe Cole of the 2000s in the English EPL and to a lesser degree Jermain Pennant. A lot of promise with a good ceiling, convincing Liverpool FC to sign them. but ultimately not providing stellar performances the world thought they would. I see Rui as a big who can shoot. But not overly quick or athletic. Defensively nothing special. But if willing to buy into being a bench scorer then ok. Also helps the lakers sell merchandise in japan.

Gabe vincent was an interesting one. The Lakers like many were seduced by his playoff play. i thought it was risky given he's done it once but in a system designed and moulded by Heat Culture. I cant see it being reproduced.

I think the media were impressed with the signings because it was an improvement on Beasley, Troy Brown Jr, Gabriel, Mo Bamba and LWIV.

DAR has a nice contract which should appeal to suitors.

Vanders played his way out of the playoffs. Cant shoot. Versatile and defends but in the Lakers especially in the playoffs will he play?

The way I see it, they arent playing the playoffs/play in as predicted pre season.
Congrats on getting a Jermaine pennant reference in

Also DAR is a net negative who has no appeal to suitors

Where is Dejounte Murray going? I think Atlanta will have offers coming out the whazoo for him. I think a good 10 teams would be in for him now making offers so dont see it as a Knicks or Lakers situation. I feel Orlando Magic could be a landing spot.

They have the draft pick capital and Atlanta probably happy to take some expiring deals like Gary Harris who can contribute now

Where is Dejounte Murray going? I think Atlanta will have offers coming out the whazoo for him. I think a good 10 teams would be in for him now making offers so dont see it as a Knicks or Lakers situation. I feel Orlando Magic could be a landing spot.

They have the draft pick capital and Atlanta probably happy to take some expiring deals like Gary Harris who can contribute now
Maybe but I feel he he a pretty overrated player, don’t think it’s just a fit issue.

Not an overly efficient scorer, average shooter, okay but not great play maker and his defence has fallen off a cliff. Magic probably a good fit but wouldn’t want to give up much for him personally.

Too early to call. OG was always a upgrade on RJ Barrett, but issue will be come play offs and if Randle/Brunson can live without the offensive threat Quickly provided from the bench.

I suspect if they can trade in for another PG on the cheap then it could be a non issue
Surely there making a play for Clarkson to run the bench unit?

Agree the bench isn’t getting anything done in the playoffs

Maybe but I feel he he a pretty overrated player, don’t think it’s just a fit issue.

Not an overly efficient scorer, average shooter, okay but not great play maker and his defence has fallen off a cliff. Magic probably a good fit but wouldn’t want to give up much for him personally.
Has a good contract and as bad as his defence is now, new team would hope to improve it by having him next to anyone but Trae Young

I'm obviously not a C's fan but how the hell do they have 0 FT's at half-time to the Pacers 13. Tatum gets hacked so much as well and gets nothing.

The reffing in this league is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise surprise, another team plays their heart out whilst shooting the lights out against the lakers. Grizz shot an amazing 51% from 45 3s, and 53% FG. What can any team do to stop that shooting?

Smart was due an insane 3 point shooting game. Now time to go back to 30%

I'm obviously not a C's fan but how the hell do they have 0 FT's at half-time to the Pacers 13. Tatum gets hacked so much as well and gets nothing.

The reffing in this league is a joke.
Looks like it's gone the other way in the 2nd half. Now sitting at 15 FT's vs the Pacers 17

Looks like it's gone the other way in the 2nd half. Now sitting at 15 FT's vs the Pacers 17
Might have to go back to watching, the Bucks suck total ass.

Rockets look amazing.

Might have to go back to watching, the Bucks suck total ass.

Rockets look amazing.
I'll never feel confident in a game against Lillard, he'll find a way to get hot in the 2nd half.

I'll never feel confident in a game against Lillard, he'll find a way to get hot in the 2nd half.
Nah Lillard is washed, never seen a more average superstar.

Please fire this clown. Worst head coach in the league is in charge of a contender, boggles my mind. Jon Horst has a good history of GM moves but this is the biggest flop of his career.

Griffin wouldn't be fit to coach an NBL side.

Bucks are a clownshow

Couldn’t defend there own shadows this season
Gave up Holiday & Allen for a corpse of Lillard. Hired a rookie HC who has no experience or clue what to do.

Middleton/Portis/Pat/Brook all regressing and a bench that is non-existant due to salary cap.

Means we are back to Giannis just being a one man army to find scrappy wins. Honestly if I was a betting man, I'd be putting money on Giannis leaving ASAP. Bucks window is shut closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back