The Week 8 NBA Thread - where we should all congratulate the Lakers. Salt and vinegar optional.

Who are the NBA's truest terrible traders?

• Your 2023 In-season tournament champion LA Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone's favourite duffers, your New Orleans Pelicans

• Danny 'I once robbed Billy King' Ainge and your Utah Jazz

• The Ghost of Joe Dumars and your Detroit '2-20' Pistons

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The 'let's build around Jordan Poole' Washington Wizards

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Some other plebs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giddeys game time getting weird and worrying for him at OKC. It could be time for him to move on. Feel like he could be a good fit on San Antonio

Rumour has it it he will be traded to Utah as part of a deal for Lauri Markkanen

Refs on a power trip in this game. 30 FTs for the Clippers in a half and Hart ejected after two techs given within 5 seconds. Pathetic stuff

Happened 2 weeks ago to Jaylen Brown too.

It's like the dissent rule in footy, except you don't get ejected in the AFL.

These refs are on a bloody power trip and really a blight on an otherwise great season of hoops so far

Happened 2 weeks ago to Jaylen Brown too.

It's like the dissent rule in footy, except you don't get ejected in the AFL.

These refs are on a bloody power trip and really a blight on an otherwise great season of hoops so far
Yep like Hart thee Brown and Jokic ones were refs making emotional decisions. Horrendous stuff

The wild west is at an all time level.

The predicted east is slowly taking shape (Bos/Mil/Phil) but out west you still have the Wolves & OKC in the Top 3.

What's even more crazy is the west only has 1 extra team with a winning record (10 > 9).

Keegan Murray is on :fire::fire::fire:

45 points in just three quarters on 12 of 13 shooting from three point range.

This might be his breakout game.

I always have to scream out MURRAY every time someone time says his name (sac town announcers and fans are really cool with that)

The wild west is at an all time level.

The predicted east is slowly taking shape (Bos/Mil/Phil) but out west you still have the Wolves & OKC in the Top 3.

What's even more crazy is the west only has 1 extra team with a winning record (10 > 9).

Two of the worst all time teams are in the East (Pistons and Wizards) which means the teams that wins the East aka Boston, will have home court advantage in the Finals and we are undefeated at home

I have a strong 1986 vibe about this Celtics time.

It's our ring to lose from here. With Miami seemingly falling into a slag heap, we own all the other contenders in the East, so it's our championship to lose from here !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of the worst all time teams are in the East (Pistons and Wizards) which means the teams that wins the East aka Boston, will have home court advantage in the Finals and we are undefeated at home

It's our ring to lose from here. With Miami seemingly falling into a slag heap, we own all the other contenders in the East, so it's our championship to lose from here !
I think it was yours to lose last year as well, truthfully.

Same applies for this year as well, although I think this year the Celtics will actually get it done.

I think it was yours to lose last year as well, truthfully.

Same applies for this year as well, although I think this year the Celtics will actually get it done.

Never say never, but Jrue and esp Porzingis are massive upgrades for us even if we sacrificed some depth/bench in the process.

If the Bucks make a couple of moves before the trade deadline, definitely wouldn't count them out in the East either.

Another wing scorer type would be ideal for Milwaukee I feel.

Dannnnnnnnnn you must be in cloud nine right now I don’t t want to jinx it but t’wolves looking great so far been a long time coming for you.

Hope they run deep in the playoffs.

Ant is him.
It's pretty crazy. I'm still not convinced we can sustain it yet, I've been burned too many times, but this team is so different to any Wolves outfit I've seen before. They look so mature and determined. Everyone's got their roles down, it's clicking beautifully, and there is a welcome lack of ego that is surprising for a Wolves team. We are so hard to score against for the most part. Fingers are crossed this is the year we can make some kinda splash in the post-season.

Good call, Bad call. Right now the Clippers should be 2nd favourites to come out of the West (after the Wolves)

Kawhi is back to arguably the most valuable wingman in the game right now.

Hope he stays healthy in the playoffs, I want to see the Clips sweep the Lol Lakers in the first round:)

This is a plan I can get around.

I know it's only in jest but that's still pretty *ed up

I experienced the worst/bottom times in franchise history as a Celtics fan in mid-late 90s and early 00s, and there was a lot of really really bad/piss poor players in that time (Zan Tabak FML lol) and Rick Pitino and not once would I wish death on any of our players. Esp with the tragic deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis haunting the franchise.

Reggie's death was my first introduction to 'death' I started following the Celtics and NBA after the Dream Team (Larry Legend my hero)

It's just sick really wishing death on anyone, esp as a reason to want your team to become more successful.

Pistons have won 3 rings and one not so long relatively long ago, which is more than can be said for fans of proud and historic franchises, like the Suns, Knicks, Jazz, Sixers who haven't tasted championship either never for a very long time.

I also cried and was devastated over Kobe Bryant and his child's (Gigi) devastating deaths in that helicopter tragedy..

I honestly don't know how some fans can think in those terms honestl, even as a joke.

Big weekend for the MVP race
  • SGA game winner
  • Luka 40 pt triple double (passes Wilt for 4th all time)
  • Giannis 60 piece franchise record
  • Embiid 40 piece with under 10 free throws

Quoted for posterity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back