Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours Knicks want Elf and will take Biz and we get Noah in return which would be a great move, free up a ton of space for next season

Actually just check noah's contracted for another 2 seasons beyond this one, basically exchanging biyombo for Noah while they get Payton. If want a draft pick or another piece coming our way.

Actually just check noah's contracted for another 2 seasons beyond this one, basically exchanging biyombo for Noah while they get Payton. If want a draft pick or another piece coming our way.
Just saw that, Bis has a 4th year player option which probably end in a buyout. Bis contract is better than Noah's as he is younger and arguably better. I think trading him with Payton for Noah would be a mistake unless we also got Ntilikina or their 2018 first.

Just saw that, Bis has a 4th year player option which probably end in a buyout. Bis contract is better than Noah's as he is younger and arguably better. I think trading him with Payton for Noah would be a mistake unless we also got Ntilikina or their 2018 first.

Payton and ntilikina are the same player imo.
However I do think that the trade would need some spice to get it done.

Ok, I have been reading all the Magic board, Florida papers and FB pages and it seems like we are hell bent on moving Payton and Mario... The Payton to NY deal looks most likely with us sending Biz and Payton and we getting Noah and a future 1st rounder, I take that.

What I wouldn't do is move Mario, we completely fecked this one up. We should have taken up the option with him for next year, now we're left in a position where he holds all the cards and with him improved play he is starting to look like someone who can contribute. I would keep Mario and start him for the rest of the season and see what he can do, maybe then try and keep him.

I haven't read anything legit about other players, Isaac and Gordon are untouchables and doesn't seem like there is much interest in Vooch or Fournier although Simmons is getting a lot of attention which we surely wouldnt look at considering how friendly his contract is.

Gee, our Basketball operations of past years have just really stuffed up this roster, the contracts and length of deals is just madness.

The deadline has passed and we made no moves. Looks like Payton & Hezonja will leave as FA's this year. Hopefully won't offer Speights & Afflalo another year. We'll go into next year with $24m cap space which I assume AG will receive around $20m.

The deadline has passed and we made no moves. Looks like Payton & Hezonja will leave as FA's this year. Hopefully won't offer Speights & Afflalo another year. We'll go into next year with $24m cap space which I assume AG will receive around $20m.

Didn't Payton go to the sun's for a second rounder?

Didn't Payton go to the sun's for a second rounder?
I missed that

Elfrid Payton traded to Suns
TO SUNS: Elfrid Payton
TO MAGIC: 2018 2nd-round pick (via Memphis)

I guess I'm not overly disappointed with that, the pick will be around 31-34 and as I said in my earlier post Elfrid would have been leaving anyway. I hope this means we're gunning for Trae Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed that

Elfrid Payton traded to Suns
TO SUNS: Elfrid Payton
TO MAGIC: 2018 2nd-round pick (via Memphis)

I guess I'm not overly disappointed with that, the pick will be around 31-34 and as I said in my earlier post Elfrid would have been leaving anyway. I hope this means we're gunning for Trae Young.

Screams Trae Young, or Luca doncic, we may also upgrade Artis from the g league

Pointless trade, surely we could have got a young cheap talented guy.

Random observation - Basketball Reference says Mario Hezonja has played 71% of his minutes at Power Forward this season.

If true, umm, why?
Also because Simmons is a better SF and Hezonja has been playing most of his minutes as AG's replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back