Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

So from a list management point of view we have 5 centres and 3 power forwards. Not a very balanced roster.

Unfortunately I think the rebuild is just beginning
The thing with the NBA, the lottery and Basketball in general it only takes one really exceptional player to change a franchise. Imagine for a moment instead of Oladipo we drafted Giannis. Look what happened when we got Dwight, or Shaq, we became successful and good free agents were happy to play for the Magic.

Whilst I have little hope we will find our Giannis anytime soon the NBA draft really is a pot luck affair as to who you drfat and how they can change your franchise.

The thing with the NBA, the lottery and Basketball in general it only takes one really exceptional player to change a franchise. Imagine for a moment instead of Oladipo we drafted Giannis. Look what happened when we got Dwight, or Shaq, we became successful and good free agents were happy to play for the Magic.

Whilst I have little hope we will find our Giannis anytime soon the NBA draft really is a pot luck affair as to who you drfat and how they can change your franchise.

What would have prevented Oladipo from making the jump he has this year, if he had stayed with the Magic? Perhaps time, patience and trust was all that was needed.

What would have prevented Oladipo from making the jump he has this year, if he had stayed with the Magic? Perhaps time, patience and trust was all that was needed.
Maybe, although he himself did say he didn't think he'd be where he is if he wasn't traded.

I know he left us, and since then we have wallowed at the bottom, but I still love him.
Dwight Howard 30and30 is massive
Yeah I still like Dwight too and and 30 and 30 is huge

I know he left us, and since then we have wallowed at the bottom, but I still love him.
Dwight Howard 30and30 is massive
Yeah I'm still a Dwight fan. 30 and 30 is huge

So now that the NCAA tournament is over, my opinions of the who we should draft comes down to, unless it's Deandre Ayton we should get a guard, doncic would be my first preference.
But we won't likely have pick 1 or 2 so those two guys might be off the board by then.

if Ayton and Doncic are gone, I'd be looking at Michael Porter, Orlando need a number 1 scoring option and Porter can become that. With Gordon and Isaac I'm not sure how they'll all fit in the rotation long term.

C. Isaac
PF. Gordon
SF. Porter
SG. Frounier
PG. --------

I personally much prefer Isaac defending the back court though, his strength is his defence and I think his weakest defence position is the 5 spot.

I also still like Trae Young, we need a point guard, he can score and a great play maker, both what we need, he's just a big risk taking early with so much high end talent in this draft, doubt he'll go in the top 6. Depending on what pick we get we maybe able to downgrade, we could potentially take Porter or Bagley in the draft and the trade them for Young and a future first

C. Vucevic
PF. Gordon
SF. Isaac
SG. Frounier
PG. Young

I think we have to consider Vuvevic and fournier as tradable assets, unfortunately we're stuck with biyombos contract ( 35mil owing) as he'll be impossible to move.
Vuvevic is on a low contract therefore his value is increased to a team with less cap space, whereas fournier has a big contract but is a more useful player.

Another issue is the glut in the 4 position, it seems Gordon,Isaacs and Herzonja all play their best ball there. Herzonja may be able to play the 3 but I think our hopes of him playing the 2 are gone.

If we draft MPJ then I'd like to see him at the 2 guard.
If we draft trae young then we need to do similar to utah with mitchell and just build a superior defence around him.

I think we have to consider Vuvevic and fournier as tradable assets, unfortunately we're stuck with biyombos contract ( 35mil owing) as he'll be impossible to move.
Vuvevic is on a low contract therefore his value is increased to a team with less cap space, whereas fournier has a big contract but is a more useful player.

Another issue is the glut in the 4 position, it seems Gordon,Isaacs and Herzonja all play their best ball there. Herzonja may be able to play the 3 but I think our hopes of him playing the 2 are gone.
Get rid of everyone except Gordon, Hezonja, Isaac, Simmons, Birch, Artis & Iwundu

We need a point guard. I've said it before but even though I love isaacs and what he could become, we should've picked Dennis Smith Jr.

Another s**t season done and dusted and now they've fired Vogel with Jerry Stackhouse favourite to take over. Last season the new GM promised this year was a test season so hopefully we see some big improvements this off-season. AG is still our future so hopefully we give him a max deal.

Also FYI, Tobias Harris and Oladipo have both been selected in the preliminary USA squad of 35. Great trades Hennigan you ******* flog. As a reminder, the sum of ALL parts we received from those two trades is Terrence Ross and the cap space we used on ******* Bismack Biyombo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy with Jerry Stackhouse or Becky Hammond.

Becky is an interesting one, I find it hard to believe she would leave the spurs to head coach with the years she has been under pop. I guess the romance is she would take over from pop rather than take over a shambles of another nba team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Becky is an interesting one, I find it hard to believe she would leave the spurs to head coach with the years she has been under pop. I guess the romance is she would take over from pop rather than take over a shambles of another nba team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who knows how long Pop has though. Will probably cark it before giving it away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back