Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I'm so pissed off.

As Magic Fans we have waited 5 years for a FA period like this to come and this is what we are getting? Hennigan is a frugging moron, seriously guys!

I'm not against the Ibaka deal but it's not one I'm to excited about now as we start to learn who we will be bringing in around him.

Fournier is signed/agreed
to a 17m season deal over 5 years. He was offered max contracts by 3 clubs so we have saved 5 mill per season which is ok. I think Fourns ceiling will be a 18p scorer and a forever average defender. None the less we have a great shooter, issue is he still struggles to creat his own shot so we needed either a guy who can create for him ( I think Payton is rubbish ) or a guy who can create their own shot which allows Fournier to shine. This is where Parsons should have come into the equation, yes he has agreed to a max deal with the Grizz but surely he complements what we have much more than signing 2 bench players?

In a nutshell we have lost -

Oladipo
Harris ( who looked brilliant in Dtown )
Sabonis ( would contribute straigh away )
Jennings
Ilyasova

And have gained -

Ibaka
Meeks
Augustine

Are we farking kidding? We are being laughed at around the league man.

Further to the above all this means that Gordon will likely come off the bench, is that what we want to see? He isn't a good enough shooter to start at 3, he can defend great but outside of 5ft he was really poor besides the odd 3 every blue moon.

Man I'm so annoyed, we could be in a much better position if we had a GM who had any idea.

So we're looking at Jamal Crawford, Jeff Green and Eric Gordon while intending to bring back Fournier.

Pretty uninspiring sans Evan.

Jeff Green is the logical player to sign, a good scorer and defender who plays the 3. Logic doesn't work with Hennigan though!

My life is cursed supporting Orlando and Newcastle, Hawthorn literally saves me from going insane.

It's weird how GMs always pick up guys they have a prior connection with. Green would have been drafted by OKC when Hennigan was there, I imagine.

I can live with him for 1 year but don't really think he's much chop.

Don't Google did us a soild, with his contact.

Now we sign Bizmark Byombo and apparently he will be starting and we are going to ship Vuc. It just keeps getting worse!
We're going all out on defense. Bizzy/Serge/AG/Marble/Elfrid is a great defensive unit.

I hope we don't deal away Vuc but it looks like that trade is looming large. :(

Where does all this love for Payton on D come from? He averages barely a steal a game, he doesn't hit the boards like he did in college and he regularly gets found out in pick and rolls and of the dribble. He dominated in college because of his size and playing at a mid tier school, I haven't seen this famed D translate to the pros.

The best we can hope out of Payton is a good version of Rajon Rondo.

I'm not sure where Hennigans going with his next move, all I know is Vuc won't accept anything less than 30 min a game and a start.

Biyombo will come off the bench. Vucevic is a stud, cant trade him especially with a defensive pf next to him. Frye and Nicholson didnt complement him, dont mind seeing Nicholson leaving.

Our major improvement still relies on Payton and Gordon taking the next step. Hezonja will naturally take the next step with increased minutes after losing Skiles. Hezonja is not immediately relied upon as the other two. I feel Payton will improve not having Skiles wanting to trade/bench his ass.

Gordon will have to play a lot of the three this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some unsubstantiated rumours around that we brought in Biyombo as we intended to package up Vuc to trade for Paul George or Westbrook.
I did hear today that Westbrook could be traded before the start of next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back