Off-topic Other things to do during shut-in (and pretending to work from home)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know very little about online gaming...something to worry about if there’s interest I guess.

Okay, I tried the poker site last night and it kept stopping. Not their fault as I guess internet usage is higher now (and when we switched to another site that also broke down) but I can’t recommend it for BF.

Working from home SUUUUCKS AAAAAAAAASSSS!!!

I'm used to leaving the office on "appointments" to have bludge time. Now I'm chained to a *en desk.... don't reply instantly to email or IM..."where the * were you?".... *thinks fast... impossible to be out visiting clients...*..."um having a s**t?" This is bullshit.

I'm used to leaving the office on "appointments" to have bludge time. Now I'm chained to a fu**en desk.... don't reply instantly to email or IM..."where the fu** were you?".... *thinks fast... impossible to be out visiting clients...*..."um having a s**t?" This is bullshit.

leave your work window open while playing online games in another window, click in the work one every 5 mins...

leave your work window open while playing online games in another window, click in the work one every 5 mins...

I am actually doing this, bit different. Running my personal PC with games, work PC with workshit. They lock down the SOE on the work PC so you can't put personal s**t on it. And I bet anything they are monitoring app use on work PC's, hence I always have Salesforce open.

campaigners. Who do they think they are... people who pay me for my time and expect me to fill my part of the bargain?

I'm used to leaving the office on "appointments" to have bludge time. Now I'm chained to a fu**en desk.... don't reply instantly to email or IM..."where the fu** were you?".... *thinks fast... impossible to be out visiting clients...*..."um having a s**t?" This is bullshit.
Finally. Fantastic to see people wake up to the truth that working from home is no picnic. Hopefully this means no more bullshit comments from corporate drones like "oh but you can get up at noon and work in your dressing gown!". Have fun motivating yourselves for a change guys. :cool:

Finally. Fantastic to see people wake up to the truth that working from home is no picnic. Hopefully this means no more bullshit comments from corporate drones like "oh but you can get up at noon and work in your dressing gown!". Have fun motivating yourselves for a change guys. :cool:

You're telling me Bosky. Getting the Victoria's Secret girls out of my bed in the morning so they can start the day is bloody hard. It's like "Oh, can't we keeping spooning you naked five across?" and "But we thought you loved lingerie pillow fighting"...I wish I could swap with someone and have a break

theres a board game sub-forum here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/board-games-and-rpgs.426/

Theres going to be an on-line Chess tournament:

and I found an on-line Catan game if anyone plays

yes some people here do use their brains :)

Anyone play Chess on Gameknot? Happy to set up a comp on there if enough people are interested

Im watching Tarantino over and over atm, you always find something you missed every time. No elves but lots of blood.
Watched “once upon a time....” 2 nights ago for the first time.
Half way through, I’m thinking, what the * has Pitt done to get all the accolades and then........bam, ******* loved it.
Well deserved Brad, you did stuntmen dog owner trippers justice the world over.

Half way through, I’m thinking, what the fu** has Pitt done to get all the accolades and then........bam, ******* loved it.

Good concept butchered into a s**t story, s**t script, s**t film. Partially saved by good performances from the two leads and the dog.

A semi polished turd.

For the first time in weeks I managed to get a shitload of steak from the supermarket. Cooked a tbone and haloumi cheese on the weber now I am so ****ed I can't move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half way through, I’m thinking, what the fu** has Pitt done to get all the accolades and then........bam, ******* loved it.
The Bruce Lee scene was a cracker. 🤣👍

Good concept butchered into a s**t story, s**t script, s**t film. Partially saved by good performances from the two leads and the dog.

A semi polished turd.
Whilst I think QT became somewhat slightly obvious after the Kill Billl series, not including Inglorious Basterds, a masterpiece and genre safe place for him, the details, camera work, script, acting and actors make him if not the best, very very close, a conversation to be had on a bottle or bitty.
It’s a ******* cool scene and his kill scenes are the best.
Name some that are on par or better in your opinion?

Whilst I think QT became somewhat slightly obvious after the Kill Billl series, not including Inglorious Basterds, a masterpiece and genre safe place for him, the details, camera work, script, acting and actors make him if not the best, very very close, a conversation to be had on a bottle or bitty.
Scorsese

I am watching The Sopranos for the first time (just got the entire series blu-ray box set)

My God, it is brilliant. Why didn't I watch this sooner.

Uncle June is my favourite. That scene of that pie and his Mistress who blabbed had me in tears 🤠🤠🤠

Still got a couple of episodes left to watch in season 1, and can tell already is its one of all the time great TV Series.

I love DJango Unchained myself, top 3 Tarantino movie for me and Leo should have won the Oscar for that one.

I personally feel Quentin Tarantino is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood.

He's made some great movies no doubt, but some people suggest he's up there with the best of the best and I think his films are far too similar for that, his range is quite limited and his films rely far too much on violence, shock value and plot twists to succeed.

As directors age you expect their films to mature and change in tone, but with Tarantino who's now 57 I'm not really seeing that. He's great at what he does but I generally know what to expect from a Quentin Tarantino film these days.

I personally feel Quentin Tarantino is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood.

He's made some great movies no doubt, but some people suggest he's up there with the best of the best and I think his films are far too similar for that, his range is quite limited and his films rely far too much on violence, shock value and plot twists to succeed.

As directors age you expect their films to mature and change in tone, but with Tarantino who's now 57 I'm not really seeing that. He's great at what he does but I generally know what to expect from a Quentin Tarantino film these days.
All the greats stay within their tramtracks though, I’d argue maybe on Spielberg and Kubrick were able to traverse them on occasion.

Wanna talk about overrated ? Steven Spielberg.
Aside from Jaws, most of his movies are boring, self-indulgent tripe (Lincoln worked cause of Daniel Day-Lewis and the great supporting acting cast)

Schindler’s List naturally is an very important movie every person/child should see but not my idea of entertainment.

Indiana Jones only had one decent movie (The Last Crusade), the other 3 movies are piffle.

All the greats stay within their tramtracks though, I’d argue maybe on Spielberg and Kubrick were able to traverse them on occasion.

Hitchcock was the best, most fearless, bold and inventive director of them all.
Was not afraid to put in controversial topics such as rape and pre marital sex in films, in an era and culture where such things were deemed hush hush.

Vertigo is arguably the greatest movie of all time (although Rear Window is my favourite of Hitch’s)

Sadly in today’s ‘WOKE’ world, we will never see a visionary and directorial maker of films like Hitchcock again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back