Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper and from hearing him talk I have to say Nick's doesn't really appeal to me and I surprised he got the job.

Having said that for the first time since the final siren of the 2017 GF I feel like there is hope.

Quote from Fox Sports:
"Nicks, who appears to have edged out Adem Yze, has spent the past season at GWS. Prior to that he was an assistant coach at Port Adelaide for eight seasons."

Where would they get their information to say "appears to have edged out" ??

Process of elimination. Unsuccessful candidates would tell people they missed out.

Channel 9 just said the crows are set to announce GWS assistant coach, Nicks to be senior coach. Are the media just hedging bets you think?
Now that it's so close to the announcement, I dare say the media will have contacts that have confirmed Nicks will be coach.

The advertiser is reporting because nicks has been at "multiple clubs", its the reason he's at the front of the que. What? Yeah man, his 1 year at gws is just amazing for his cv. The other 8 years at port. How do these **** wit reporters have a job?

The advertiser is reporting because nicks has been at "multiple clubs" is the reason he's at the front of the que. What? Yeah man his 1 year at gws is just amazing for his cv. The other 8 years at port. How do these ******* reporters have a job?

Are they including his playing days at Sydney?

When are you going to change your name to Crouch#5?

I have given it thought, but since he went to #5 his game went another level...

I can't change it for superstitious reasons.

Plus people are accustomed to my name. As soon as they see #44 post on a thread they grab the tim tams, prep a fresh pot of coffee before gathering their eyes to quality Intel.
How can i wreck that feel good moment for this community...

I have given it thought, but since he went to #5 his game went another level...

I can't change it for superstitious reasons.

Plus people are accustomed to my name. As soon as they see #44 post on a thread they grab the tim tams, prep a fresh pot of coffee before gathering their eyes to quality Intel.
How can i wreak that feel good moment for this community...
Fair point #44

Now other reports are running with Nicks as the new coach based on a C9 news report, which sounds like a guess to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s not Nicks... poor bugger with all the media jumping the gun.

I would hope if the club hasn't told him he has the job that he wouldn't be getting exited that media reports are saying he has.
Maybe that was Burns problem - thought he had the job so didn't bother preparing for the interview

The advertiser is reporting because nicks has been at "multiple clubs", its the reason he's at the front of the que. What? Yeah man, his 1 year at gws is just amazing for his cv. The other 8 years at port. How do these fu** wit reporters have a job?

You're a dead set weirdo.

M. Nicks to be announced as coach after one more meeting on Tues.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That was Saturday morning so potentially they could have caught up Saturday and Sunday and leaked info for Sunday night.

I hope I'm wrong but Channel 9 could still be right.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
next few days means more than 1 day.

That tweet was 36 hours ago. And even then Chapman may have told a white lie. The mainstream media outlets are clearly confident in their info. I think you’re dreaming to think it’s not over the line.
the same media that said burns was going to get the job. sorry if I dont care what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back