Analysis Our Recruiting Strategy: Success or Failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Topics that would be appropriate to discuss:

• Player development - how we are resourced bench marked against other AFL lists
  • List management - the demographics of our list - specifically the dearth of 25-29 y/o
  • List management - an overview of where we are at with re-signing players and if current performance is affecting that / is the AFL collective bargaining agreement been a factor
  • List management - as Knightmare said in a post do we have an opposition recruitment person to look at players at other AFL clubs for recruitment
  • List Management - with all the picks in the top 30 are we leaning towards using all on young talent or swapping some in for established talent if meets our needs
  • High Performance team - why are playing continually injured given the overhaul of the department? Should we best resting blokes that are banged up and regroup for the 2nd half of the year
  • Academy - how is it looking? what's our zone like? have we increased resources in this area? do we know how that compares to our academy counterparts
  • Coaching - what does Rocket think of where we are at? Is the game plan able to be implemented by the current crop of players? What types of players does he think we need to balance out the list? Does he need more resources?
  • Membership - any upcoming initiatives to solidify the current membership base
  • New facilities - I'm sure no one will need to question it, with it being the major positive I'm sure all in attendance will get a full presentation
  • China game - what is the process in applying for the game? what are the benefits? will this affect our 11 home games and the cost of membership

Topis not appropriate to discuss:
  • Individual player contracts
  • Individual player perforamnce
  • Individual coaches performance

As much as I love the idea, I won't be going.

The club isn't transparent, no matter how much they'd like to portray it. The real questions won't be answered, and the same avoidance of the real concerns will continue just as it has all year. Injuries will be blamed, apologies will be made, and sticking fat will be begged.

Not trying to sound pessimistic, but it's the reality of the situation. We're a mediocre club with terrible depth, decent top end talent, a never-ending injury list, and a dysfunctional coaching staff. Very few, if any, of those issues are going to be addressed in the near future, and the reality of not winning a premiership with our inaugural draftees is becoming clearer.

Nothing that will be said on Tuesday is going to change that, but it's a nice gesture nonetheless. It's just a shame it had to come from a suggestion of a member, rather than the club actually taking the initiative. (Well done again, Corkie - you da real MVP)

• Player development - how we are resourced bench marked against other AFL lists
  • List management - the demographics of our list - specifically the dearth of 25-29 y/o
  • List management - an overview of where we are at with re-signing players and if current performance is affecting that / is the AFL collective bargaining agreement been a factor
  • List management - as Knightmare said in a post do we have an opposition recruitment person to look at players at other AFL clubs for recruitment
  • List Management - with all the picks in the top 30 are we leaning towards using all on young talent or swapping some in for established talent if meets our needs
  • High Performance team - why are playing continually injured given the overhaul of the department? Should we best resting blokes that are banged up and regroup for the 2nd half of the year
  • Academy - how is it looking? what's our zone like? have we increased resources in this area? do we know how that compares to our academy counterparts
  • Coaching - what does Rocket think of where we are at? Is the game plan able to be implemented by the current crop of players? What types of players does he think we need to balance out the list? Does he need more resources?
  • New facilities - I'm sure no one will need to question it, with it being the major positive I'm sure all in attendance will get a full presentation
  • China game - what is the process in applying for the game? what are the benefits? will this affect our 11 home games and the cost of membership

Great effort, I don't think we should give them an out by asking to much about the future as they can say any old drivel, I am more interested in them talking about errors made and how they are being corrected. What concrete plans are in place to grow membership and income, how are we becoming self sufficient

I think this forum could generate 5-10 great questions which we could vote on and submit

also how come they don't have the prawns in The Lounge already peeled like they did year one, having them served in the shell is so demotivating now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good that a few of you are going. Someone should bring a recorder and then go home and copy the good questions and post em up here

Or have a live blog going

After 6 years NOW the Suns want to be open and transparent.
This town hall meeting is more about Auld, Ashcroft & Co keeping their own jobs
rather than the future of the Gold Coast Suns football Club.

Sceptical !

After 6 years NOW the Suns want to be open and transparent.
This town hall meeting is more about Auld, Ashcroft & Co keeping their own jobs
rather than the future of the Gold Coast Suns football Club.

Sceptical !

There's some truth to that, but I'm not sure holding a town hall meeting would be the difference between them staying or going
They really don't have to do it
We, as members have very little power
At the end of the day, who is going to sack Auld or Clayton or Ashcroft?
They are a junta answerable to a figurehead Board made up of interested amateurs

Wouldn't normally go, but I just registered
I think it's a great initiative by the Club and will be really interested in the discussion
Were you guys able to do a printout ticket at home?
I was only offered a mail out option

Nah I didn't get the ticket print out option, but I believe it puts your name on the registered list and they just tick you off when you arrive. Great so many of us are going :thumbsu:

Nah I didn't get the ticket print out option, but I believe it puts your name on the registered list and they just tick you off when you arrive. Great so many of us are going :thumbsu:

Yes
Got confirmation from the club that they will scan your memebership ticket on the night to confirm you're registered, so don't forget it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back