Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 France 34 - 12 FijiStade de la Beaujoire
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 Scotland 3 - 49 New Zealand Murrayfield
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 Italy 16 - 22 Argentina Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 England 35 - 18 Australia Twickenham
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 Ireland 20 - 10 Samoa Aviva Stadium
TOUR 13 NOV 2010 Wales 25 - 29 South Africa Millennium Stadium

SBW killing it for the All Blacks as Scotland continue their proud tradition against New Zealand.

Australia thrashed. LoL bad night for the Ockers.

SA home in a tight one.

Fiji, Samoa and Italy far from disgraced against stronger teams.

Before the Spring tours started I predicted that the ABs would win all their games while the Wallabies would at least lose one, however by the time of the WC it will be the Wallabies on top. SBW will get found out against decent opposition.

I'm not sure about your SBW prediciton. This is no flash in the pan. He is an amazingly gifted athlete and skillful footballer. It will be so hard for a team to clamp down on his offloading ability. But he is more than just offloads. A guy at 6'4'' and 110 kgs in the centres with the pace he has and skill can destory Test teams.

I can't wait to see him play the Wallabies just to see how we deal with it.

I'm not sure about your SBW prediciton. This is no flash in the pan. He is an amazingly gifted athlete and skillful footballer. It will be so hard for a team to clamp down on his offloading ability. But he is more than just offloads. A guy at 6'4'' and 110 kgs in the centres with the pace he has and skill can destory Test teams.

I can't wait to see him play the Wallabies just to see how we deal with it.

What is his ball retention like? Often the league converts are vulnerable to having the ball ripped free during tackles (e.g. Sailor).

Before the Spring tours started I predicted that the ABs would win all their games while the Wallabies would at least lose one, however by the time of the WC it will be the Wallabies on top. SBW will get found out against decent opposition.

He carved it up in his debut test against England last week. The Poms not decent enough for you?

He looks like never losing the ball. His hands are that big and he is that strong it would take a lot from a defender to wrench the ball free. But also he gets the offload away so often, he rarely goes to ground with the ball anyway! Just cause he is that insanely good with his offloads

I dunno who out of Smith, SBW and Nonu they'll drop for the centre combo but I just don't think I'd be able to not pick SBW. What will be interesting is when he comes up against a quality outside (of which there are not many right now) who runs different lines at him just to test how he goes in defence. My gut feel though would be that he handles it fine though.

He carved it up in his debut test against England last week. The Poms not decent enough for you?

Nup. Will be interesting to see how he goes against Aus and SA.

the Scottish commentators last night made repeated mention of how the ball never looks like coming out when he's tackled.

Was just a thought. The only way to stop Lomu was to rip the ball free.

He looks like never losing the ball. His hands are that big and he is that strong it would take a lot from a defender to wrench the ball free. But also he gets the offload away so often, he rarely goes to ground with the ball anyway! Just cause he is that insanely good with his offloads

I dunno who out of Smith, SBW and Nonu they'll drop for the centre combo but I just don't think I'd be able to not pick SBW. What will be interesting is when he comes up against a quality outside (of which there are not many right now) who runs different lines at him just to test how he goes in defence. My gut feel though would be that he handles it fine though.

I reckon Nonu is not the best available. Smith is ahead of him and sounds like SBW is as well. Nonu is a poor man's Umaga.

If the Poms aren't decent than we must be rubbish. England are a very good side. If they can keep this 22 together until the RWC they will be a big threat.

Nonu is a very good player and has been wonderful the last 2-3 years. I just don't know what they'll do.

This is the same Aus that was comprehensively belted by a team we beat easily last week, and against whom SBW had BOG claims?

All I am saying is one can't tell after just playing two tests.

If the Poms aren't decent than we must be rubbish. England are a very good side. If they can keep this 22 together until the RWC they will be a big threat.

Nonu is a very good player and has been wonderful the last 2-3 years. I just don't know what they'll do.

I still reckon the NH teams will fail at the WC. Keep in mind that the Australian and SA players regularly play in NZ during the Sup 14, while the NH players do not. Could be a factor (although there is the pain of 2003).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonu is too inconsistent.

He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous regularly, often in the same phase.

Except that you're writing him off after two tests, this despite the fact he's put in two cracker performances in his first two games.

I'm not writing him off, I am just being cautious. :D Hopefully Chambers can be our SBW.

Nonu is too inconsistent.

He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous regularly, often in the same phase.

While this is true and leeaving aside the other Kiwi centres, who in world rugby would you choose over him to play at 12?

Bookmark it now. Australia will not win the World Cup.

As for SBW, by the time you find decent opposition he'll be well established in the game. That's exactly why the NZRFU sent him to the Crusaders.

Bookmark it now. Australia will not win the World Cup.

As for SBW, by the time you find decent opposition he'll be well established in the game. That's exactly why the NZRFU sent him to the Crusaders.

Bookmarked. :D I am still backing them. The WC is played in NZ next year and was not played in Europe over night.

Pawtucket Patriot said:
Bookmarked. :D I am still backing them.

:thumbsu: So you should.

Pawtucket Patriot said:
The WC is played in NZ next year and was not played in Europe over night.

Yep and the final's in Auckland where Australia have won 4 out of 20 games.

Except that you're writing him off after two tests, this despite the fact he's put in two cracker performances in his first two games.

You can hardly call the performance against England a cracker. He was solid and had two good highlights, but he didn't get involved as much as I'm sure he will once he's more confident in the team and made a couple of bad reads. He was unhappy with his performance after that game, which is a good sign because he definitely didn't play badly.

I think Nonu/Smith is still NZ's number 1 centre partnership but I think that will change by the world cup. SBW will be the try assist king of world rugby. I think Smith is the definite starter out of the 3 and it will be Nonu vs SBW for the 12 spot...but whoever's on the bench will get solid game time and be the ultimate impact player you'd have to think.

You can hardly call the performance against England a cracker. He was solid and had two good highlights, but he didn't get involved as much as I'm sure he will once he's more confident in the team and made a couple of bad reads. He was unhappy with his performance after that game, which is a good sign because he definitely didn't play badly.

I think Nonu/Smith is still NZ's number 1 centre partnership but I think that will change by the world cup. SBW will be the try assist king of world rugby. I think Smith is the definite starter out of the 3 and it will be Nonu vs SBW for the 12 spot...but whoever's on the bench will get solid game time and be the ultimate impact player you'd have to think.

For a guy in his first rugby international against a quality side on their home deck, it was cracker enough for me :D

Munster 15 v Australia 6

Under-strength Munster saw off Australia's midweek side in Limerick

The teams were tied at 6-6 after a first half played in heavy rain and high winds, Warwick kicking a penalty and a drop goal for Munster.

Fly-half Berrick Barnes contributed two penalties for the tourists.

Warwick added two further penalties after the break and also knocked over his second drop goal.

Munster were without 17 Irish internationals although Keith Earls was made available for the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back