Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the normal length of negotiations to buy a club? If this report is accurate and the first meeting has now happened, wonder if there's a chance it could be done in time to invest in this window.

1621984723739.png

What's the normal length of negotiations to buy a club? If this report is accurate and the first meeting has now happened, wonder if there's a chance it could be done in time to invest in this window.

View attachment 1137395

Hopefully he's the decent owner Hull deserve.

Bit of talk that the Newcastle takeover will happen soon.

If it is the Saudis again how would the owners pass the fit & proper test now and not like last time? They were involved with telecasting pirated EPL telecast versions of Been sports from Qatar due to a political dispute. This isn't just some Saudi businessman buying the club. It's the Royal family, guilty of many shocking crimes. I know I wouldn't want owners with links to the Saudi government owning my club for sure and that's the determination last time when the sale was attempted to be pushed through.

If it is the Saudis again how would the owners pass the fit & proper test now and not like last time? They were involved with telecasting pirated EPL telecast versions of Been sports from Qatar due to a political dispute. This isn't just some Saudi businessman buying the club. It's the Royal family, guilty of many shocking crimes. I know I wouldn't want owners with links to the Saudi government owning my club for sure and that's the determination last time when the sale was attempted to be pushed through.

The Premier league doesn't have Saudi on the watch list for piracy, it was just an excuse because some of the influential clubs didn't want the takeover to happen.

The Premier league doesn't have Saudi on the watch list for piracy, it was just an excuse because some of the influential clubs didn't want the takeover to happen.

Rival clubs have nothimg to do with the decision.

There are legitimate concerns about ownership with direct links to the Saudi govt, not just the PL broadcast piracy issue.

There are legitimate concerns about ownership with direct links to the Saudi govt, not just the PL broadcast piracy issue.
They've never cared about that stuff before...

They've never cared about that stuff before...

True. But the Saudi govt are a step up on the likes of Qatar & Abu Dhabi for rephresensible stuff they do. And there has to be a line somewhere. Should Kim Jong be allowed to purchase a club with his "personal" wealth?

Naive.

True. But the Saudi govt are a step up on the likes of Qatar & Abu Dhabi for rephresensible stuff they do. And there has to be a line somewhere. Should Kim Jong be allowed to purchase a club with his "personal" wealth?
This is literally why they want to buy a prem team. For the sportswashing potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is literally why they want to buy a prem team. For the sportswashing potential.
They'll get 100 times negative coverage about Saudi Arabia than positive.

Sportswashing is a myth.

They'll get 100 times negative coverage about Saudi Arabia than positive.

Sportswashing is a myth.
Sportswashing is definitely not a myth. You guys get * all negative coverage anymore and all your owner and his state gets is praise. Same with PSG.

Even ******* Rwanda are trying it on but they're too cheap to buy a club so they put their countries name on the Arsenal shirt.

Sportswashing is definitely not a myth. You guys get fu** all negative coverage anymore and all your owner and his state gets is praise. Same with PSG.

Even ******* Rwanda are trying it on but they're too cheap to buy a club so they put their countries name on the Arsenal shirt.

Yep. Sportswashing is absolutely legit.

Absolutely. I see the Saudis also have a GP now in Dec. Anyone that thinks they are buying a sporting club for anything other than sportswashing is massively naive.
Why does any country have a GP?

Not sure who the PR person at the club is but they're not very smart.

The Euros are about to start. #LevyOut will die down for a month if you just keep things quiet. So they then post this crap lol.

This club gets funnier by the day tbh

Not sure who the PR person at the club is but they're not very smart.

The Euros are about to start. #LevyOut will die down for a month if you just keep things quiet. So they then post this crap lol.

This club gets funnier by the day tbh

You’d be best placed to answer this. Even if Levy sells, ENIC still majority owns THFC? So either way, we’d need two parties (ENIC & Joe Lewis) to sell to move on from this shambles of a football club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back