Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

City behaving like sportswashing trash. Colour me shocked.
Utter bottom feeders.

PMSL.

The desperation of some to make this about a football club rather than the actual parties to the deal is telling.

Last edited:

FWIW, this is the council response

A Manchester City Council spokesperson said: “We reject any suggestion that the sale of the sites involved in the Manchester Life joint venture was not a good deal for the council and the city.

“Land was valued by independent experts, using the nationally accepted ‘red book’ valuation benchmark, and we got the best overall deal we could for each site at a time when there was very little market interest in the area. The value of that deal includes not just the initial receipt for the land but also site-specific overage arrangements, and profit sharing payments. These were always envisaged as longer-term arrangements – the council is due to receive several million pounds in this financial year through the first such payments.”

The council added the Manchester Life developments had “acted as a catalyst, creating confidence and attracting further investment into the area” and had paved the way for new homes and business, generating “significantly more for the city in extra council tax and business rates income”.

The dodgy campaigner that did the deal now works for CFG. Mansour being the owner of a successful football club legitimises all the dodgy s**t he does.
He doesn't work for CFG or Man City and as far as I know he never has.

Councils never lie. Why are other parties pissed off that they weren't given the opportunity to bid?
No idea, just passing along their response.

You seem to have made your mind up though, LOL.

He doesn't work for CFG or Man City and as far as I know he never has.
I'll correct that, apparently he does. I thought he was working directly with Manchester Life, but it seems he's got an advisory role on the campus (and surrounding area) development.

Yeah he joined 4 days after leaving the council. I'm sure all the transactions with Mansour while he ran the council were legitimate.
He announced his resignation in 2016. He finished with the council in March 2017 and didn't join CFG until November 2017.

He got a job with Manchester University 4 days after he left the council according to his wiki page.

As for negotiations with Mansour, maybe one day something might come out. Maybe it won't. I doubt there was much 1 to 1 negotiation on a deal that size.

He announced his resignation in 2016. He finished with the council in March 2017 and didn't join CFG until November 2017.

He got a job with Manchester University 4 days after he left the council according to his wiki page.

No conflict of interest I'm sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he joined 4 days after leaving the council. I'm sure all the transactions with Mansour while he ran the council were legitimate.

Manchester council should not be doing business with a person of Mansours character
considering his work as chairman on the Abu Dhabi judicial department. His brother was cleared of torture which was outrageous:

Is this the sort of person Manchester Council should be doing business with?

Manchester council should not be doing business with a person of Mansours character
considering his work as chairman on the Abu Dhabi judicial department. His brother was cleared of torture which was outrageous:

Is this the sort of person Manchester Council should be doing business with?
If you give councillors enough cash they'll wipe your arse for you.

No conflict of interest I'm sure.
If you're looking for someone to advise on development in and around Manchester, Bernstein would the first on most peoples list.

So his appointment in that type of role shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Whether the job was payment for services rendered, who knows? As far as I know he's never had a reputation for anything other than straight down the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back