Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I am not a metalhead but enjoy listening to metal and all kinds of other musicial genres but in my opinion Pantera were one of the best metal bands of all time up there with Metallica etc. They have had a huge influence on metal in the modern age with Dimebags fantastic guitar work. Most metal bands today cite them as an influence. What do you think about Pantera as a band and do you think there could be a reunion of the band in the future even though Dimebag is dead.

Reunion without Dimebag would be a joke. He MADE them who they were. Cowboys from Hell is one of my favourite albums and Vulgar Display of Power was also brilliant. Only wish I could have seen them live. :(

Reunion without Dimebag would be a joke. He MADE them who they were. Cowboys from Hell is one of my favourite albums and Vulgar Display of Power was also brilliant. Only wish I could have seen them live. :(

Kinda missing the whole Vinnie Paul/Phil Anselmo feud, that's the main reason it's never going to happen.

I agree. Things wont be the same without Dimebag.

These guys crack me up.

From this

ExposedPantera7.jpg

to this

350px-Pantera_groupe.jpg

Still, Dimebag was the s**t.

Awsome sound in studio, loved them to bits for a while there, but I must admit I was pretty let down seeing them live, saw them live on the far beyond driven tour, thought it was maybe an off night. Then saw them again for great southern trend kill, again, not much class live.

An amazing band that I personally feel are generally underrated especially for what they did for metal in the 90's.

Four very talented dudes that didn't release a bad album, post Phil joining the band that is. 3 Vulgar videos from hell is a ripper doco for those who are inerested.

Vulgar is probably my fav but splitting hairs. Always enjoyed Reinventing The Steel especially because by then Vinnie and Dime couldnt be in the same room as Phil so they would record with Rex and send it to Phil and he would record vocals. Still turned out amazing.

The world of mainstream metal certainly owes a lot to these guys for what they did during the 90s (while the horrible grunge fad was polluting everything across the US and the Norwegiens were burning churches and killing each other over the other side). Unfortunatley, they kinda outstayed their welcome a little but initially they were the right band at the right time and just what metal needed.

Suffered from the fact that Phil was both their biggest asset and their archilles heal.

I remember buying Cowboys from Hell at Brashes and thinking just how damn heavy the bottom end was. Then Vulgar Display of Power came out.....wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw then in ‘94 and it was one of the best live gigs I have seen.

Saw them again in 2001 and it was disappointing. Phil was way to far into heroin by then. 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back