Past Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

I am undertaking a PhD and am on the search for some data, specifically player positions. Most of this info is easily accessible however, finding player positions for players drafted in the early-mid nineties and who either didn't play a senior game or didn't play many has proven quite difficult!

I am using quite broad positional categories (mid, fwd or def) and while many players are moved around various positions I am looking for the position where they spent the majority of time. Please see below a list of Adelaide past players who I need positions for. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Courtney

(Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section!)

Dempsey, Greg
Gilligan, Tom
Ugrinic, Adam
Collins, Matthew
Fogden, Brooke
Higgins, Brett
Kennett, Toby
McKinnon, Marty
Nash, Allen
Powell, Matthew
Warrior, Eugene

Hi everyone,

I am undertaking a PhD and am on the search for some data, specifically player positions. Most of this info is easily accessible however, finding player positions for players drafted in the early-mid nineties and who either didn't play a senior game or didn't play many has proven quite difficult!

I am using quite broad positional categories (mid, fwd or def) and while many players are moved around various positions I am looking for the position where they spent the majority of time. Please see below a list of Adelaide past players who I need positions for. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Courtney

(Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section!)

Dempsey, Greg - mid
Gilligan, Tom - mid (ruck)
Ugrinic, Adam - mid
Collins, Matthew - fwd (half forward)
Fogden, Brooke - fwd
Higgins, Brett - mid
Kennett, Toby - mid
McKinnon, Marty - mid
Nash, Allen - mid
Powell, Matthew - mid
Warrior, Eugene - Fwd

Hope this helps. categories in players quote.

mckinnon almost played 100 games so not sure if he qualifies for this study on players that didnt make it?

just a random here but i'm am trying to find some info on Ben Marsh Clay Sampson Shaun Rehn and peter vardy.
i'm have been pondering for years why did they all leave? injuries or what?

Mark Stevens?
I'm confused between the reporter and the player...???
Crap reporter:
0616_gameday5_lrg-18rt833.jpg

Past Premiership Player:
Stevens_CYCLER%20-%20Copy.jpg
images

just a random here but i'm am trying to find some info on Ben Marsh Clay Sampson Shaun Rehn and peter vardy.
i'm have been pondering for years why did they all leave? injuries or what?

Ben Marsh was de-listed at the end of 2003, aged 27. He was then re-drafted by Richmond at Pick #4 in the 2003 Pre-Season Draft.

Clay Sampson was de-listed at the end of 1998, aged 22. He was then re-drafted by Richmond at Pick #6 in the 1998 Pre-Season Draft.

Shaun Rehn was traded to Hawthorn for Pick #12 in the 2000 National Draft, aged 29. The pick was then on-traded to Port Adelaide in exchange for Matthew Bode, and the Power used the pick to draft an 18-year-old Shaun Burgoyne from the Port Adelaide Magpies (SANFL).

Peter Vardy was traded to Melbourne for Pick #56 in the 2001 National Draft, aged 25. The pick was on-traded to Fremantle in exchange for Daniel Schell, and the Dockers used the pick to draft a 20-year-old Paul Medhurst from Claremont (WAFL).

mckinnon almost played 100 games so not sure if he qualifies for this study on players that didnt make it?

adelaide-martin-mckinnon-208-future-star-select-1996-australian-rules-football-afl-trading-card-56116-p.jpg

Spent just three seasons and 25 games with the Crows, but also earnt a State of Origin jumper during that time and was highly-rated, and played another five years and 61 games at AFL level with Geelong and Brisbane, after being traded to the Cats for Pick #18 in the 1995 National Draft (Crows drafted Brent Williams with the pick).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back