Paul Koulouriotis

Remove this Banner Ad

*koulagirl said:
I wouldn't say ten, but he wouldn't be in the bottom five.

Finally an admission that Koulouriotis isn't that good.

KG when you were posting on the Port Board you thought he should be in the starting eighteen for us and now you rate him between the bottom 6-10 at Geelong.

A player of his age should be going forward not backwards, why the fade?

blackdiamond said:
Finally an admission that Koulouriotis isn't that good.

KG when you were posting on the Port Board you thought he should be in the starting eighteen for us and now you rate him between the bottom 6-10 at Geelong.

A player of his age should be going forward not backwards, why the fade?

Geelong have a much more even side than Port and I don't think he's in line for delisting. "On the same level" does not mean he wouldn't be ahead of in terms of selection status, if that was the topic at hand. The point was "away from delisting", and I think there's a group of players (predominantly midfielders) on the same level with regards to that - just for example they include Tenace, Callan, Wojcinski... and I would also put Thurley and Rahilly in there based on their recent form.
If the question was who should be selected, I would definitely be pushing Paul. He is starting 18 quality. There has been no fade. However, that does not mean that if he was in a position to be delisted he would be behind all those players. Rather, looking rationally at the list, he would be on the same level as they regarding delisting/trading. They are two different rankings, in my mind. Deal with it, move on.

When Paul was at Port the players he was ahead of were those who are obviously of lesser quality. The problem with Port is that you have a tier of players who lift the rest of the team with their performances rather than having an even team with few "star"s. You must also remember that Port were giving Paul the runaround with regards to selection and therefore you did not have a readily available opportunity to see him prove his talent to you.

Apparently a team does not always delist their worst players.

It is not an admission of anything but that I disagree with JUBJUB's statement. If you had taken into account what I said in my reply to his reply then you may have been able to infer this. However, anyone so misguided as to be happy to lose such a player as Paul would possibly be disadvantaged in this area and therefore I'm happy to allow you to continue in your misguidedness and will not attempt to convince you otherwise further in this post.

*koulagirl said:
It is not an admission of anything but that I disagree with JUBJUB's statement. If you had taken into account what I said in my reply to his reply then you may have been able to infer this. However, anyone so misguided as to be happy to lose such a player as Paul would possibly be disadvantaged in this area and therefore I'm happy to allow you to continue in your misguidedness and will not attempt to convince you otherwise further in this post.

We will have to agree to disagree on who might be misguided KG.

By the way who exactly should have Koulouriotis replaced in our starting 18?

blackdiamond said:
We will have to agree to disagree on who might be misguided KG.

By the way who exactly should have Koulouriotis replaced in our starting 18?

Really... well I guess denial does suit you.

Depends what round you're talking about as to who was in the starting eighteen but he should have been ahead of Cassisi, Cochrane, Guerra (who was playing somewhat disinterestedly), Poulton and Cockatoo-Collins. At least.

*koulagirl said:
Really... well I guess denial does suit you.

Depends what round you're talking about as to who was in the starting eighteen but he should have been ahead of Cassisi, Cochrane, Guerra (who was playing somewhat disinterestedly), Poulton and Cockatoo-Collins. At least.

Yes because the Port Adelaide Football Club and many other posters including myself disagree with you it must mean that we are all in denial, go figure!

Of the players mentioned above he was only really contesting with Cassisi, Cochrane and Guerra, all the other players play in positions that Paul would be unaccustomed to especially when trying to break into a side.

But even looking at the players you mentioned, the only one I would put him ahead of would have been Cochrane but thats not saying much.

blackdiamond said:
Yes because the Port Adelaide Football Club and many other posters including myself disagree with you it must mean that we are all in denial, go figure!

I said denial suits you. Some PAFC supporters are just idiots. As for the club...

Of the players mentioned above he was only really contesting with Cassisi, Cochrane and Guerra, all the other players play in positions that Paul would be unaccustomed to especially when trying to break into a side.

But even looking at the players you mentioned, the only one I would put him ahead of would have been Cochrane but thats not saying much.

Perhaps you don't know that Paul has experience playing both forward and back with West Adelaide? When I looked back at sides from 2003, i.e. when he was doing so, I also looked back at where he'd been played for Westies, and my records show that he was doing well enough in both the forward pocket and back pockets, with spurts on the half back flank. Not quite sure how, therefore, he could not feasibly take over the place in the side allocated to either Poulton or Cockatoo-Collins, for as you may well remember, Poulton was somewhat inconsistent and Cockatoo-Collins wasn't having the best of seasons in 2003.
Even so, I doubt that a direct substitution would have taken place, regarding the possibility of Roger James being transferred forward from the wing.
As for being behind Cassisi, do not let his current form deceive you. In 2003 he was much in the same position as Paul experience-wise and having seen them in the same team several times at West Adelaide I would say that Paul was the superior footballer, despite statistics showing an even comparison. After all, statistics do not show what was done with the ball, just how many times it was passed on.
Guerra, now... how could you say Paul was not directly contesting with Poulton but so with Guerra? They are both defenders. I believe Paul could have played a better role in the Port side than Guerra, especially in order to bring the ball out of the defensive fifty rather than intimidate the opposition trying to take the ball into it.

Rather academic, isn't it?

Sorry boys and girls, but if you want to go over all this stuff about Paul at Port yet again (along with koulagirl baiting) it would be best to do it on the Port Board.

Paul's woes at Port, and the internal machinations of that club holds little interest to most who use our board.

Phat said:
Sorry boys and girls, but if you want to go over all this stuff about Paul at Port yet again (along with koulagirl baiting) it would be best to do it on the Port Board.

Paul's woes at Port, and the internal machinations of that club holds little interest to most who use our board.
yeah good call phat.

Phat said:

I wasn't baiting, just having a rational discussion about the subject.

blackdiamond said:

I think maybe bringing a topic up after almost a week of being dormant in order to ask what you did of me was probably a tiny bit unnecessary though. Phat is right, baiting or not.

jmain14 said:
kg - are you family or a friend of paul's??
As far as I know, neither.

blackdiamond said:

Regardless of what you call it, it has no place on the Geelong Board.

*koulagirl said:
I think maybe bringing a topic up after almost a week of being dormant in order to ask what you did of me was probably a tiny bit unnecessary though. Phat is right, baiting or not.

Sorry KG I wasn't looking at the dates, just looking at the most recent threads on the Geelong Board.

Is there some kind of date protocol where you can't reply to a post after a certain period of time? If so could you please let me know what it is for future reference.

In regards to my comparison with Guerra, well I see Guerra as a versatile utility. He can play forward, centre and back - he can kick the ball a country mile and his bulk was very effective. Paul Koulouriotis modelled his game on Scott Camporeale - apples for apples - one is granny smith and the other jonnie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackdiamond said:
Sorry KG I wasn't looking at the dates, just looking at the most recent threads on the Geelong Board.

Is there some kind of date protocol where you can't reply to a post after a certain period of time? If so could you please let me know what it is for future reference.

In regards to my comparison with Guerra, well I see Guerra as a versatile utility. He can play forward, centre and back - he can kick the ball a country mile and his bulk was very effective. Paul Koulouriotis modelled his game on Scott Camporeale - apples for apples - one is granny smith and the other jonnie.

I was more remarking given your choice of contribution to the topic.

I doubt many would see the rest of your post as *not* being baiting, therefore, if you would like to continue the discussion via PM feel free to do so, else respect the decree of the great Phat and be quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back