Paul Roos - sickening bias

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah posters in this thread are irrational and paranoid.

Having said that, it would have been fantastic for us if essendon won. Percentage or not, we have a difficult run home and adelaide have a very easy one.

He was clearly barracking for Bombers. Who knows why but he was...

He was really good in that Crows/Bombers game. I can understand how his Sydney focus is annoying in Swans games, but in neutral games he does his job, which is to point out structures and plays not immediately obvious to the casual viewer, and explain why some things are working and others aren't. He's not there to be a cheerleader or provide BT-style "colour". But people have a whinge because he's too negative about their club.

Roos talks way too much. He is there for special comments and talks over the top of commentators during key pieces of play, he needs to learn to shut up or make his points more quickly.

the problem with a lot of ex coaches as commentators is they harp on player errors rather than focus on the positives.

we watch football for the skills of the players - we don't watch it looking for the mistakes players make. its entertainment and the commentators need to remember that.

the problem with a lot of ex coaches as commentators is they harp on player errors rather than focus on the positives.

we watch football for the skills of the players - we don't watch it looking for the mistakes players make. its entertainment and the commentators need to remember that.

Why on earth do you need a special comments man there telling you how great everything is? I would've thought that would be pretty self-evident when your team is doing well.

If you want someone to just cheer along to the action on the screen, turn the sound off and you and your mates can provide a running commentary. Or just become a Hawthorn or Carlton fan and let Bruce McAveney call your games.

imo i think he does a very good job. i love the way he disects the play . his work on defence shows you who truely works hard & the down hill skiers. you don't win to many games with downhillers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth do you need a special comments man there telling you how great everything is? I would've thought that would be pretty self-evident when your team is doing well.

If you want someone to just cheer along to the action on the screen, turn the sound off and you and your mates can provide a running commentary. Or just become a Hawthorn or Carlton fan and let Bruce McAveney call your games.

that's ironic coming from a Swans supporter. you like Roos as a commentator solely because he cheers along your team, very unprofessionally, while he's supposed to be doing his job. you're too blind or too stupid to notice.

that's ironic coming from a Swans supporter. you like Roos as a commentator solely because he cheers along your team, very unprofessionally, while he's supposed to be doing his job. you're too blind or too stupid to notice.

I like Roos' honesty and blunt comments, I actually prefer when he's not barracking for the Swans so transparently. Perhaps you shouldn't assume before just insulting someone, it's childish and doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

Hi moogerfooger. Maybe you missed my post that came about 15 posts previously.

"He was really good in that Crows/Bombers game. I can understand how his Sydney focus is annoying in Swans games, but in neutral games he does his job, which is to point out structures and plays not immediately obvious to the casual viewer, and explain why some things are working and others aren't. He's not there to be a cheerleader or provide BT-style "colour". But people have a whinge because he's too negative about their club."

PERHAPS IT IS YOU WHO IS BLIND OR STUPID.

Roos was a great player with fantastic longevity but his most recent involvement was coaching and he coached the Swans so naturally he's going to compare things that what he knows best / where his experience lies. His methods did produce a premiership and a number of finals campaigns afterall.

No different when commentators ask Lingy how he'd play or how he used to play such and such in a tagging role and what methods he used to use or asking Tom Harley about defence. Use what you've got.

He was clearly barracking for Bombers. Who knows why but he was...

Roos talks way too much. He is there for special comments and talks over the top of commentators during key pieces of play, he needs to learn to shut up or make his points more quickly.

Please stop talking about Roos:

1. The most boring commentator ever;
2. He coached the most boring football/team ever.

:thumbsdown:

Roos' status as an excellent player and coach is secure.
He's just cruising now, picking up an easy pay cheque and having a laugh whilst being surrounded by morons. Leigh Matthews is similar in that sense.
I doubt any criticism is going to faze Roos.

His shamefless bias is the price you have to pay to get the most informed special comments man on TV atm.
I don't get how anyone can really criticise fox for giving us special comments from probably the most in demand coach at present.

Obviously biased, but I thought Paul Roos was barracking for Sydney in a shameless and woefully unprofessional way in tonight's commentary.

At the opposite end of the spectrum was Jason Dunstall's usual approach of overly criticising Hawthorn: something which irritates a lot of Hawthorn fans but I don't mind.

Is this sort of thing acceptable? To be expected from ex-players and coaches who move into the media? Or should there be a modicum of professionalism?

Obviously biased, but I thought Paul Roos was barracking for Sydney in a shameless and woefully unprofessional way in tonight's commentary.

At the opposite end of the spectrum was Jason Dunstall's usual approach of overly criticising Hawthorn: something which irritates a lot of Hawthorn fans but I don't mind.

Is this sort of thing acceptable? To be expected from ex-players and coaches who move into the media? Or should there be a modicum of professionalism?
Been happening for over a year. Nothing has or will change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back