Player Watch Paul Seedsman - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Those commentators who think he plays off half back prove they know nothing about modern football. What they see is where he stands at centre bounces. Our wings start in the traditional half back positions while our high half forwards are on the wing. We’ve done this for well over a year.

People who are paid to be expert commentators might want to pay attention to actual football.

Are you saying Paul Seedsman was starting off of the back of the square at centre bounces last night?

I'm not sure why people are comparing Smith and Seeds

Yes both players can run, carry and have penetrating kicks however they also play different positions, one player of HB and the other of the wing

I've always said that the key to unlocking Seeds form was getting his body right and footy continuity so fingers crossed that his body holds up for the entire season

The Seed has been great however lets not also forget that Smith was AA and how damaging and important he is when running of HB

Looking like they could be brothers on top of the run/carry/long kicking makes it more reasonable than many of the comparisons that get thrown around on here.

Are you saying Paul Seedsman was starting off of the back of the square at centre bounces last night?

Quite a number of times he was, because Lynch and/or Knight were starting on the wing position. Same with Atkins too, he started off there sometimes at centre bounces. We've been doing that for weeks.

FFS, now Robbo thinks Seeds is playing half-back as well!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/d8b47c6e1ffd6e1828550efb0de7ed98

8. PAUL SEEDSMAN

Only Seedsman and Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley really know what led to Seedman’s departure from the Pies to Adelaide at the end of the 2015 season. Wonder if Seedsman thinks it was Buckley’s issue and not his and that it might have been the reverse. Anyway, he had promise at the Pies and is now delivering for the Crows. Had 24, 28, 26, 29, 26 and 26 possessions in first six matches playing mainly half-back and is thriving in the Second Chance Saloon.

Is anyone in the media actually paying attention to where players are actually playing in our games?

It's not hard to play hb flank at Adelaide

Talia hartigan brown and Laird make it easier.

We win alot of contested ball which also takes pressure off that 3rd small defender role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite a number of times he was, because Lynch and/or Knight were starting on the wing position. Same with Atkins too, he started off there sometimes at centre bounces. We've been doing that for weeks.

Pretty much every centre bounce in the first and last quarter Seedsman and Atkins start on the wings. From around halfway through the second quarter to 2/3 or so through the third quarter there is a distinct change and Knight, Douglas, Gallucci and Poholke in differing combinations start on the wings with Seedsman and Atkins coming in from the back of the square at times. In the commentary Pavlich actually points out the tactic saying it is to confuse the young Gold Coast team or something along those lines. I am sure there is a bit more thinking to it, would be quite interested to know what it is and how it changes the way we setup in the middle and look to clear the ball.

I have questioned the intelligence of many a commentator before but I find it hard to believe they are saying he is playing half back based on this. Seems more they just either half watch the game or don't watch it all, see Seedsman racking up good numbers, know Brodie Smith is out for the year and that Seedsman plays not unlike Smith and come up with him playing half back.

Pretty much every centre bounce in the first and last quarter Seedsman and Atkins start on the wings. From around halfway through the second quarter to 2/3 or so through the third quarter there is a distinct change and Knight, Douglas, Gallucci and Poholke in differing combinations start on the wings with Seedsman and Atkins coming in from the back of the square at times. In the commentary Pavlich actually points out the tactic saying it is to confuse the young Gold Coast team or something along those lines. I am sure there is a bit more thinking to it, would be quite interested to know what it is and how it changes the way we setup in the middle and look to clear the ball.

I have questioned the intelligence of many a commentator before but I find it hard to believe they are saying he is playing half back based on this. Seems more they just either half watch the game or don't watch it all, see Seedsman racking up good numbers, know Brodie Smith is out for the year and that Seedsman plays not unlike Smith and come up with him playing half back.
During some of the game we moved our 2 half forwards up to the wings & our wingmen were coming off the back of the square.

At other times the wingmen lined up on the wings with Gallucci running off the back of the square.

Pretty much every centre bounce in the first and last quarter Seedsman and Atkins start on the wings. From around halfway through the second quarter to 2/3 or so through the third quarter there is a distinct change and Knight, Douglas, Gallucci and Poholke in differing combinations start on the wings with Seedsman and Atkins coming in from the back of the square at times. In the commentary Pavlich actually points out the tactic saying it is to confuse the young Gold Coast team or something along those lines.

Pyke has a canny grasp of when he is in control of a ball game. Then he uses the game as a training session confident he can turn the work up if required

McGovern surprisingly on the right side of that list.

I’m not surprised Laird is on the wrong side. I’ve noticed he’s turned the ball over quite a bit this year.
Lots of possessions and short kicks off from a defensive position, though. Natural that he stuffs up a few, but there does seem to be the odd howler every week this year.

Lots of possessions and short kicks off from a defensive position, though. Natural that he stuffs up a few, but there does seem to be the odd howler every week this year.
If he's kicking short then it's pretty hard to bugger those up. I've noticed quite a few shanks from Laird this year, as well as several "up and under" long kicks when he had time to try and target a leading forward. Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh, but all those possessions don't mean much if you give a heap back to the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back