Player Watch Paul Seedsman - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern surprisingly on the right side of that list.

I’m not surprised Laird is on the wrong side. I’ve noticed he’s turned the ball over quite a bit this year.
McGoverns quick low field kicks are much better that his kicking for goal at the moment. I've observed him playing on quickly and hitting up targets for a good while now so am not all that surprised.

If he's kicking short then it's pretty hard to bugger those up. I've noticed quite a few shanks from Laird this year, as well as several "up and under" long kicks when he had time to try and target a leading forward. Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh, but all those possessions don't mean much if you give a heap back to the opposition.
Short, but not safe by any stretch. He is saving us on the last line more than he should really have to.

Overall I reckon Laird would be well off when it comes to turnovers per possession, and is likely on track to be AA again this year.

Could be the difference between a top 8 finish and a top 4. His run and carry has exceed all expectations.
Glad 1 out of three Hampton Menzel is going to work out.

Similar trade price to Jenkins and Lynch.
Slightly higher trade price paid but absolutely worth the investment now. In career best form.

Funnily enough with hand on heart when we did these trades I thought Menzel had most upside and was most excited by this trade followed by Hampton (“the best potential player to come out of NT” the article read). That said, Seed has trumped them all

Funnily enough with hand on heart when we did these trades I thought Menzel had most upside and was most excited by this trade followed by Hampton (“the best potential player to come out of NT” the article read). That said, Seed has trumped them all[/QUOTE]

I thought the same.

Slightly higher trade price paid but absolutely worth the investment now. In career best form.

Funnily enough with hand on heart when we did these trades I thought Menzel had most upside and was most excited by this trade followed by Hampton (“the best potential player to come out of NT” the article read). That said, Seed has trumped them all

I was most excited about Menzel too. But after that it was Seeds for me. First couple of games I was getting really excited. But then I went right off him. Thought he was a bust. But it’s looking like an absolute master stroke. They usually pick mids for the wings in AA teams, but in terms of genuine wingers those stats show what my bias is saying, that we have the best wingman in the AFL at the moment.

Those metres gained stats are interesting. We already have Seeds smashing all comers, plus Gibbs, Atkins and Laird in the top 20. If we can add Smith later in the year then he will likely slot straight into the top 10.

It feels like we have not only added Gibbs this year, but also Seedsman and Milera are different players (with small sample size). Add back Brad Crouch and an inform Sloane and Betts and we are genuine contenders again this year. If we can make it to the GF, I expect us to go one better. Would love a rematch.

I was most excited about Menzel too. But after that it was Seeds for me. First couple of games I was getting really excited. But then I went right off him. Thought he was a bust. But it’s looking like an absolute master stroke. They usually pick mids for the wings in AA teams, but in terms of genuine wingers those stats show what my bias is saying, that we have the best wingman in the AFL at the moment.

Those metres gained stats are interesting. We already have Seeds smashing all comers, plus Gibbs, Atkins and Laird in the top 20. If we can add Smith later in the year then he will likely slot straight into the top 10.

It feels like we have not only added Gibbs this year, but also Seedsman and Milera are different players (with small sample size). Add back Brad Crouch and an inform Sloane and Betts and we are genuine contenders again this year. If we can make it to the GF, I expect us to go one better. Would love a rematch.
I'd love to finish top 2 and then somehow play the Tiges in a Prelim so they know what it's like.

I'd love to finish top 2 and then somehow play the Tiges in a Prelim so they know what it's like.

I think they are drinking their own bath water at the moment. They have 4 or 5 genuine stars, but the next 20 guys on their list are strutting around like they are better than they are. Confidence is a great thing, but it can fall away pretty fast. I feel like they are flying high on confidence more than anything else. Not sure if they can maintain that.

Barring GWS I think we have the most talented squad. They have consistent injury issues and an inferior coach.

Crows against any other team I would like our chances but Tigers have won 12/12 at the G, there is an absolute home ground advantage including umpiring (blatant first half 2017 GF) and home crowd which is truly awesome sounding (last years GF was up there with the loudest I have experienced along with 93 PF vs Dons).

They are negative and bring teams down to the lowest common denominator. Often ticky weather conditions at the G like last year also help them.

Right now I think Tiges would go in favourites against us in the GF

Just walked past Seeds and Matt Crouch at the Central Markets. What someone else said about Seedsman not liking the cold of Melbourne must be true as he had a beanie on! :D

He was taller than I thought as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just walked past Seeds and Matt Crouch at the Central Markets. What someone else said about Seedsman not liking the cold of Melbourne must be true as he had a beanie on! :D

He was taller than I thought as well.

That was me. The man HATES the cold. He'll have the long sleeves out on Saturday night.

I'll put my hand up as being wrong - and pleasantly surprised - here also.
Without seeing much of him, felt at the time that trading a 2nd rounder for a skinny outside kid, picked in the 70s that wasnt getting a game at Collingwood was pretty uninspiring. Been very impressive so far this season.

It just shows how well Seedsman is going that a 23 possession game from a winger hasn’t attracted much attention.

Anyone have his metres gained from last night?

What I was impressed about last night is he can take the body contact and he still linked up with some telling handballs.

Has to be a lock for AA if he keeps it up.

It just shows how well Seedsman is going that a 23 possession game from a winger hasn’t attracted much attention.

What I was impressed about last night is he can take the body contact and he still linked up with some telling handballs.

Just over 600m

Have to wonder what people are watching sometimes. When he first played for us I posted that he hunts the ball pretty hard on the ground and in contests. But some kept up with a strange belief that he's just an outside receiver. He's really good around the contest and tackles pretty hard. He's also capable of taking a contested grab with his long arms fully outstretched. He really can be the complete wing package, hopefully he stays uninjured and continues to leave it all out there.

No doubt Vics will pick Isaac Smith ahead.

Just over 600m

Good game. I do wonder sometimes whether he is to aware of the metres gained stat. Sometimes he needs to lower the eyes a bit more. I felt the same about Smith. Of course, you take what both of these guys do. But the long kick isnt always the best option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back