Player Watch Paul Seedsman - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

If he did get squeezed out then depending on how well we negotiate this could be a good bit of business and a template for how we use ‘assets’ like Seedsman (youngish fringe Vic player with talent, some experience but needing opportunity and/or a change of scenery) in future.

Paid pick 32; get a few good years of service out of them on modest wages in which they prove themselves capable of being very solid first 22 players; sell back to a needy Vic club near the bottom of the ladder (like a Carlton or at a stretch North) who need talent and can pay up

Doesn’t lose that much by comparison to Polec as a benchmark https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=14&pid2=3451&fid2=S&type=A
Yep it's like the Vince one in a way. The fact that he was a good player and had currency meant he got squeezed out. If he was worse we'd have kept him.

Really thinking he'll get squeezed out.

Just a combination of factors:
- we want more traction in this draft
- he's uncontracted
- we have Smith coming back who's a similar-ish player
- Milera has come on this season
- Seedsman has some injury history
- He's not one of the annointed Douglas, Mackay player set the club is in love with
- He's Victorian
- Unlike several other players he has currency and will have suitors
- we've already signed other potential trade/FA compo options like Lynch, Sloane to long term deals

And above all else
- if Seedsman stays it will be hard to keep Mackay in the 22

This alone trumps all others
If we don’t keep Seeds after finally seeing return on our investment, we are dumber than I thought.

Besides I’m hoping Milera moves into the middle and becomes our mid with a point of difference, can break clear from the pack and get some distance on his opponent and laces out our forwards.

If we don’t keep Seeds after finally seeing return on our investment, we are dumber than I thought.

Besides I’m hoping Milera moves into the middle and becomes our mid with a point of difference, can break clear from the pack and get some distance on his opponent and laces out our forwards.

Exactly! He announced earlier this year that his main bodily problem had been fixed, and has been playing well. Operation successful: keep him. He has spark, kick, and X-factor, just what we need.

545435_a152dac78e31d65e30af6f94c152d609.jpg

524373_e65b7e0f4025a8538f7aedd190d42ae8_thumb.jpg

I reckon (hope) Milera will have another year at HB and then make the move into the middle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:p:p:p

i-told-you-so-gif-5.gif

Id consider a trade also if the price.is right. Goes missing a bit and body isnt sound. Happy to keep also but wouldnt break the bank for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seedsman is a must keep. You don't just trade away players of his ilk unless we are given an unbelievable offer.

Very excited about the prospect of having Seed, Smithers, Milera & Lairdy providing plenty of drive going forward.

Lol, think you have him confused with our left-footed wingman!
Do you think Seed is good defensively? He's good on the outside when he gets space and gets the metres gained by being loose with the long raking kick. When he's in tight contest and one on one he gets out pointed a fair bit.

Do you think Seed is good defensively? He's good on the outside when he gets space and gets the metres gained by being loose with the long raking kick. When he's in tight contest and one on one he gets out pointed a fair bit.
Absolutely.

Seed doesn't think twice about the contest or tackling when he is in tight & is not known for getting outpointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back