Pendles smacking blokes in the belly

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, fined $3 750, which was absolutely ridiculous. That little love tap was worth $1,500 at most. Hope he appeals.

On another matter Fitzey. What fresh scandal will envelop the Dees this week? Barely a week goes by without them bringing themselves and the AFL into disrepute.

Rabble of a club.
You’re not even worth listening to. Would have been a week if it was a player at any other club.

I have no idea champion, but a bottle of wine and some flowers delivered to AFL house should fix it!!!

I, for one, will be sleeping with the lights on tonight knowing that this vicious thug is still at large.

Time to move on, karens!
Smart move. You never know when some maniac might break in and place his hand on your abdomen without notice or permission.

Imagine the lowest penalty for an intentional strike being less than a week. Wouldn't be the AFL with substandard rules again would it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He cracked the shits and turned around and smacked him one in the gut. First or palm of your hand doesn’t really matter at that force into the gut.

Given what other little knocks like redman are getting a week, this has 10x the force of that and was an intentional whack.

This rubbish should be weeks and should have been for years.
People who dismiss liver shots are incredibly naive.

That s**t immobilises even the toughest of men.

Wow, what a surprise.

Modern day equivalent of what happened in past with Tom Lynch and Hawkins gut punches, and Sam Mitchell’s kneeing.

It will be a fine until someone else does it, then it’s a suspension.

Imagine getting the Collingwood protection racket. If I was Chris Scott I'd be encouraging players to just lay everyone out knowing you'd get off

The AFL are saying it's not OK to bump, but it is ok to punch people. Pendles is lucky that his basketball background enabled him to do his thug act without sending Neale to hospital!

yep - so for kids who watch it and go yep OK to smack other kids in the gut basically off the ball.

i knew redman getting suspended was horse s**t.

First Hewit, then Heeney, now Pendlebury.

4 weeks in and the AFL have already cooked it.

I’m not surprised by this TBH. Is this though the standard the AFL wants to set? I’m guessing not, and we’ll see that when lesser lights end up suspended for it during the season.

The AFL are saying it's not OK to bump, but it is ok to punch people. Pendles is lucky that his basketball background enabled him to do his thug act without sending Neale to hospital!
He punched someone? Please provide evidence, you're way ahead of the media on this!
Considering what we thought the AFL was trying to do, this is puzzling.

At least now we know for a fact they care nothing for player safety, it's just the dollars of the concussion stuff so as long as someone isn't hit in the head, go for it apparently.

People who dismiss liver shots are incredibly naive.

That s**t immobilises even the toughest of men.

Imagine getting the Collingwood protection racket. If I was Chris Scott I'd be encouraging players to just lay everyone out knowing you'd get off
season 7 episode 23 GIF

A retaliatory slap to the belly = literally Hitler? 😂

Disingenuous and inaccurate post. Pendlebury’s penalty is in line with that incurred by other players for similar offences.

Didn’t hear you bleating about the inadequacy of Jye Caldwell’s fine when he punched Nick Daicos in the stomach last season.

But that wouldn’t have suited the selective narrative of you and some of the other hypocrites, would it?

He punched someone? Please provide evidence, you're way ahead of the media on this!

season 7 episode 23 GIF

A retaliatory slap to the belly = literally Hitler? 😂
It’s a Pies player. That’s the sole determining factor of the level of outrage.

Pity there’s no longer a report button, to report the usual suspect Melbourne and Geelong trolls in here.

Last edited:
Trying to recall the last time an open-palmed slap to the tummy led to a suspension. Anyone here know?

Caldwell only got a fine for his closed-fist punch to N. Daicos -
Nothing to see here, that is hilarious.
Lol. Of course he got off.
To the shock of absolutely no one, Pendles has got away with it.
You’re not even worth listening to. Would have been a week if it was a player at any other club.

I have no idea champion, but a bottle of wine and some flowers delivered to AFL house should fix it!!!

the AFL lies and covers up cocaine use

not a shock horror the MRO is corrupt also.

A puzzling decision, the AFL is a very dodgy organisation.
Considering what we thought the AFL was trying to do, this is puzzling.

At least now we know for a fact they care nothing for player safety, it's just the dollars of the concussion stuff so as long as someone isn't hit in the head, go for it apparently.
Not that puzzling
Consistently soft on the Pies

Perhaps you lot should pay some attention to the AFL rules and the example posted in the top quote where a deliberate gut punch was only a fine.

It’s hilarious to see Essendon fans especially having a whinge given their player got the exact same penalty for a deliberate gut punch last year and did you all complain he wasn’t suspended?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back