Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I've noticed that even without some big guns, we nearly end up winning games, we just don't have enough in the tank to finish off

I mean, we nearly beat a couple of teams without the guns

WB- we lead at 3a time
Aderlaide- No Bucks or Fraser and Richards
Kangers- No rocca, narrow miss by tazza
Essendon- Just couldn't keep up, even with no rocca and davis, good dEBUT BY c3!

so, our team is good, but we can't finish the game

Surleyt these are good signs that we have the potental to be a very good team even without the guns

i wouldnt call losing 4 out of 5 games potential m8, no mater how close they are, we cant butter up shocking performances, WB was easily the worst game I have ever been to, I was embarresed as my Grandparents from England were attending there first ever game of football. I actually had to prove to them that it wasnt always like that.

Collingwood has played some serious B grade footy in the last few rounds (Bar: Kangas and Carlton for the last half anyway) and that is because the Woewodins and the Tarrant's arent willing to stand up and take control of the game when it looks to be slipping out of our fingers

bombers were on bottom of the ladder u git

and forget the scoreboard look at the quality of the football. today was a disgrace

the only thing we're lacking is a full 4 quarters

and we nearly got games, even with the umps againest us!

And The umps love child was playing

Rocca Flys High said:

just a comment about this, Dermott Brereton pointed out today, that when Lloyd jumps to take a mark, he points his toes backwards and lifts his legs behind him, making it nearly impossible to take a mark without falling over. Now im not one to say that Dermott Brereton is a smart dude, but that was really well spotted, and an interesting point. This is why he is paid so many free kicks, because to the ummpires eye, the defender is pushing him over because he is falling down in flight

I Know That About Lloyd!

I Was Talking About Hird(he's Only Been To The Tribunal Once Before This Game), Damn He's A Pain In The Ass, Then Again He Wouldn't Have 3 Medals For Nothing!!

If u think that Hird is the umpires love child ur a fool, lets not foget that he owes them $20,000 from that incident with Scott McLaren.

Rocca Flys High said:
the only thing we're lacking is a full 4 quarters

and we nearly got games, even with the umps againest us!

I hope you aren't referring to the anzac clash the final Free count was 12 awarded to the pies and 11 against........i can't find a quarter by quarter breakdown but i am pretty sure we were well up in frees at half time and well down on the scoreboard taking into consideration the bomber's inaccuracy.

There are few pluses to take from any of the matches we have played, we have generally come up against other likely cellar dwellars and played sh*t footy in the process. Watching the WCE vs lions match made me weep for how good footy can be played. We lack skills (even fundamental ones), finishing, pace, fitness, aggression..........there are few things left, our rebuilding phase is going to be a LONG one!

buckley's hammy said:
I hope you aren't referring to the anzac clash the final Free count was 12 awarded to the pies and 11 against........i can't find a quarter by quarter breakdown but i am pretty sure we were well up in frees at half time and well down on the scoreboard taking into consideration the bomber's inaccuracy.

who cares what the final count was look at tarrant? i dont know how many times he got smacked in the mouth or held back and no free kick, then it goes down the other end and u have a player that dives for the ball and haves no intention of landing on his feet just in case he drops it and it looks like he was pushed.
take u back to the carlton game where shaw only slightly touched lappin and got pinned for the high contact tarrant gets nothing at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one of the worst things right now which makes us look so ordinary is that everyone now knows what we do when we look to kick it inside fifty. it seems the instructions are: no matter what, look to kick it to tazza. we have blinkers for tarrant. its not gonna work. teams will double team him and at worse they will crumb the ball and rebound. its just so frustrating see them do the same thing over and over. if you were there this week and last week against north, as soon as pebbles went off, from there on, if we are looking long into 50, we have blinkers for tarrant and teams are aware of that and thats why we only kicked 8 big ones yesterday. its so frustrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back