Perth Glory FC Hitlist - Who Stays? Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
Following on from the other threads

KEEP

Tando Velaphi (As 2nd choice Keeper)
Jamie Coyne
Dino Djublic
David Tarka (When injury free)
Nikolai Topor-Stanley
Jimmy Downey
Leo Bertos
Stan Lazaridis (With a massive paycut - Not as Marquee)
Nikita Rukavystya
James Robinson (As a midfielder - Not a striker)
Jamie Harnwell

BOOT

Jason Petkovic
Tyler Simpson
Mitchell Prentice
Naum Sekulovski (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!)
Nick Rizzo

Undecided

Billy Celeski (Dont rate him but good for depth)
Hayden Foxe
David Micevski (Seems to be out of favour with Mitchell aswell - Good lad but we need more quality in midfield - Id be inclined to boot)
Jerry Karpeh (Runs and runs but thats about it)

practically joining another club

Simon "Judas" Colosimo

Whats needed

First Choice Goalkeeper
Quality Central Midfielder
New Marquee Player
A Playmaker
A Quality and proven goalscorer

KEEP

Tando Velaphi (As 2nd choice Keeper)

I'd take a punt and promote Tando as your #1.

Bit risky I know, but he's 21 in April and deserves a proper shot to fulfil his potential.

I'd take a punt and promote Tando as your #1.

Bit risky I know, but he's 21 in April and deserves a proper shot to fulfil his potential.

Im still not convinced on Tando hence why i think we should shop around and see which keepers are available as a possible #1 and if somones there then grab them! If Not put Tando as #1

Id keep Celeski, hes been a huge spark in the last few weeks. Nicky Rizzo is also one id keep but at a price, hes been reasonable when on the park this year but as per usual that hasnt been very often. James Robinson is useless, I hope for your sake Mitch wants him out. Downey will be a good player but currently makes far too many big mistakes, experience will deal with those.

I agree with the list youve put together there peterss, at least for the most part.

James Robinson is useless, I hope for your sake Mitch wants him out.

Robbo is s**t as a striker but one thing i do like about him is that he has good passing and his vision is quality.

I have a feeling Mitch knows he doesnt want him as a striker but is trying to turn him into a midfield/defensive midfield type role (If the last few weeks are anything to go by anyway)

I wouldnt care if we got rid of him but i wouldnt care if he was kept anyway but only if Mitch plans on using him in a midfield role and keeping him away from the goals.

The news is......

Contracted
Foxe
T-S
Dino
Billy
Niki
Rizo
Downey
Tando

Offered new deals
Harnwell
Tarka
Coyne
Robinson
Leo
Prentice

Out of contract
Simon
Stan
Jason
Tyler
Jerry
Micevski
Naum

Bold I would keep, italics would depend on who we could get as replacements assuming all the contracted players stay on

Perth sent a scout a few days ago on a 3 week tour of Europe to bring back a striker and a central midfielder. I wonder if Man City will send anyone over next year. Didnt Perth ask for some right back but he had already agreed a loan elsewhere?

For me this is what I would do.

KEEP

Tando Velaphi
Jamie Coyne
Dino Djublic
David Tarka
Nikolai Topor-Stanley
Jimmy Downey
Leo Bertos
Stan Lazaridis
Nikita Rukavystya
Jason Petkovic (They won't boot him but he won't be our No.1 'keeper)
Jamie Harnwell
Simon Colosimo (If he wants to stay)

BOOT

Tyler Simpson
Hayden Foxe
Naum Sekulovski (Second worst A-League player. After Robinson!!!!!!!!!!!)
David Micevski
James Robinson

Undecided

Billy Celeski
Nick Rizzo
Jerry Karpeh
Mitchell Prentice

Whats needed

An attacking midfielder
A proven striker that will put in 100% when he arrives (Unlike Brian Deans and Samson Siasia which is going back a while!!!)
A replacement for Colosimo he he goes East

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Care to back up such a compelling statement. They are 6 points off 5th place and have played the bulk of the season without two, arguably three of their best players. Disappointing season for sure, but not sure they're as far off the pace as people think.

There have been consistently the worst side this season and late last season.
Late season wins this campaign against sides out of form don't hide the fact the Perth are crap.
Other factors are -
Playing Sekoluvski and Robinson regularly
Harnwell as a forward week in and out.
Lazaridis as a marquee when he was finished years back.
You best player of past seasons is now called Judas.
Every club gets injuries but Perth haven't covered for them when other clubs have.
Who are these 3 greats that are missing?

Sorry I was wrong, 3 players will make the team competitive week in and out but those 3 would have to be in the class of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Messi.

There have been consistently the worst side this season and late last season.
Late season wins this campaign against sides out of form don't hide the fact the Perth are crap.
Other factors are -
Playing Sekoluvski and Robinson regularly
Harnwell as a forward week in and out.
Lazaridis as a marquee when he was finished years back.
You best player of past seasons is now called Judas.
Every club gets injuries but Perth haven't covered for them when other clubs have.
Who are these 3 greats that are missing?

Sorry I was wrong, 3 players will make the team competitive week in and out but those 3 would have to be in the class of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Messi.

FWIW We have been missing Foxe (premier league experience) Tarka (One of our more consistant players the last few seasons, Lazaridis.

This year we made some mistakes no doubt about it, but we will go up.

Sooner or later we will pick up a decent striker (No more Dragecevics or Deane's). We will play our best XI for more then a preseason cup. Our young players are on the improvement and our defence when fully fit is one of the tightest in the league.

If we had one decent creative mid in our side we would be nearly complete, though i still believe that Celeski may offer something sooner or later.

Sekulovski didnt play most of this season and your right about Robinson, though his move into midfield had him play ok at times the last few weeks.

With Mitchell the bottle kicking king at the helm we are well placed for a top 4 assault next year

Foxe has been injured for the past 5 years, an defender of his quality is not going to make a huge difference. With him maybe Djublic would not have got a run.
Lazardis is well past it. Hair or no hair.
I don't know much about Tarka but he is hardly a name of the A-league.
Sekulovski might not of played much this season but has been at the club 3 years now, its an indication of how bad the squad is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back