Peter Gordon Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter was all that is great about our club. A passionate fighter who would not bow down to the establishment!

We all walked taller with Peter in our corner and it’s a mark of the man that he knew when to exit the stage.

Most of all Peter Gordon will be remembered for “Sticking it right up em!”

He has been a monumental figure for us. David Smorgon was also an exceptional president. We have been so well lead since 1989. They were a little different to each other but never played the ‘poor us’ card. We became a club was ahead of trends but also knew its history. And was proud of its history just matured its attitude to that history. So well lead Peter Gordon, you gave us the flag we all craved and deserved.

Is he staying on as a Director or leaving altogether ?

To be quite honest Gordon should be immortalised with a bronze statue next to EJ’s.

This guy has saved our club in 89 then delivered a premiership and left the helm straight after we delivered the 5th successive $1m profit after the biggest economic turmoil since WWII and secured $36m funding for Whitten Oval

Has done an incredible amount for our club. Given so much of himself to this club. Without him I honestly don’t know where we’d be. Deserves a statue such has been his impact on our club. At the very least deserves a building/grandstand named after him.

Thanks Peter, hope life treats you well outside of footy.

Have to comment on the VP having a hyphenated name, sailed the ship into calmer waters.
We are getting a bit posh aren't we? A new President with an Eastern suburbs name and also a new player with the same ? A bit hoity-toity if you ask me.

You're a really great man Peter. I love you. We all owe you so, so much.

On a selfish note, it's been a rough old 2020 and it's not the news I needed today. I feel like I need some stability in my life. Could you have waited a few more weeks? But we'll move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he staying on as a Director or leaving altogether ?

To be quite honest Gordon should be immortalised with a bronze statue next to EJ’s.

We’re forever grateful to you, Peter.

This guy has saved our club in 89 then delivered a premiership and left the helm straight after we delivered the 5th successive $1m profit after the biggest economic turmoil since WWII and secured $36m funding for Whitten Oval
He would need to leave completely to give the next president a fair chance to make his/her mark.

We’re forever grateful to you, Peter.

Peter the great, 2 reigns vinni, vinni vicci. I came, I saw I conquered. The first we were dead with the merger and conquered with our resurrection. The second he conquered with a premiership after 62 years.
Bono, bodies, vicious

haha autocorrect, incredible

veni... vidi... vici

He’s worked wonders and I’ve wondered whether it was his ruthless edge that helped push us over the top in 2016, after he made some tough and bold captain’s calls.

He’s a pretty hard taskmaster and my guess is he has a self life. A lot love him but he’s pissed some people off too. Probably good timing. Club’s in good shape and he got that flag.

You're a really great man Peter. I love you. We all owe you so, so much.

On a selfish note, it's been a rough old 2020 and it's not the news I needed today. I feel like I need some stability in my life. Could you have waited a few more weeks? But we'll move on.

Everything ok mate?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back