Peter Gordon Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything ok mate?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s just been a big day and a lot of changes , I’m ok. It’s been a really tough day for Pete too I’d imagine and a big year

I thought you would have already mailed yours in Chicago...even though they haven't even been mailed out yet
I believe I get at least two votes, probably four. It's the Chicago way.

So, what's the likely field for a replacement:

Kylie W-W
Luke Darcy
Chris Hemsworth
Michael Rowland
Shane Biggs
Del Irani
????

Was Emiliano Zapata in Midnight Oil?:think:

Emiliano was in the Mexican Midnight Oil tribute band - Aceite de la Medianoche

Edit:

1606994850366.png
PG is well-read WallyStringhaus - but not as well-read as you give him credit for! (I'm sure Oils probably pinched it from your friend Mr Zapata though! :D )

Last edited:
Leaves the board in a perfect position with a deputy who has been groomed for the role. Club is in a great financial position, membership is strong, won a premiership and has a great emerging list. Gordon is just such a class class act, egoless decision made in all of the clubs best interests for its future... and yet again reminds us how lucky we have been to have him instead of this guy......... 😎

49113149-11A9-463F-A08C-44172BF436B4.jpeg

Emiliano was in the Mexican Midnight Oil tribute band - Aceite de la Medianoche

Edit:

View attachment 1022355
PG is well-read WallyStringhaus - but not as well-read as you give him credit for! (I'm sure Oils probably pinched it from your friend Mr Zapata though! :D )
Should have known that a man of the people like Pete was more of a "rock head" than a history buff!

[TD valign="top"]

Western Bulldogs

Alternate text

Dear members and friends,

I have decided to resign as President of the Western Bulldogs after serving for the last eight years, and for fifteen years now in total since October 1989. My resignation will take effect from the close of the Club’s 2020 AGM on 21 December.

I did say in May this year that I might consider delaying my departure for another year because of the COVID crisis. But I have decided to leave now and I thought I should explain why to you.

First and foremost, I have full confidence in our Vice-President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, our board, our CEO Ameet Bains and our senior management to take the Club forward.

Next, the Club has in 2020 completed a tough but responsible re-structure, complied with its TPP and soft cap reduction obligations and posted a substantial profit (its seventh consecutive annual profit and its fifth consecutive year of total profits over $1,000,000.)

We have in recent months worked hard to put the building blocks in place for continued profitability in 2021, providing our members continue to support the Club.

The Club has completed its exit from the gaming industry.

The Club has substantial cash reserves, far and away the greatest in its history.

Following the recent announcement of support from Daniel Andrews’ Government and State budget allocation, the Club is in a position to commence and to fund a $58 million redevelopment of the Victoria University Whitten Oval.

On account of the strong leadership of Gillon McLachlan and because of the sacrifice and the hard work of the whole industry, I believe the AFL is both eager and able to continue to financially support and grow all 18 Clubs.

In all, I believe that the Western Bulldogs Football Club is in a strong position, and it’s a good time for me to move on and for the Club to move on too.

I’d like to sincerely thank everyone who has supported me and offered me their friendship over the journey. It’s been an honour and a privilege to hold the position with many enjoyable moments for my family and me. I’ve had a few regrets, but then again, as Frank Sinatra once put it…too few to mention.

I wish the Club and all its members all the best for the future.
Alternate text
Peter Gordon [/TD]

All class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos and respect for a job well done. We know what he has achieved on and off the field but a true measure to me is that our club breeds the likes of Dale Morris and Marcus Bontempelli. That is a reflection of leadership. Bask in its glow Peter, you earned it. 👏

So, what's the likely field for a replacement:

Kylie W-W
Luke Darcy
Chris Hemsworth
Michael Rowland
Shane Biggs
Del Irani
????
If Shiggsy runs on a ticket with Keith, he will have my and many other votes.

Love u PG. Next up needs to have some serious "pull" in the corporate world to help attract players.

Thank you PG, you represent what being a bulldog is all about, moral fibre, pugnacious, stick up for the little guy, and stick it right up them.

For you to see success on field and off field during your second Presidency stint is justice for the fight you lead to save our club.

Susan Alberti? Not sure why we don't see so much of her. Is she still involved with the womens team? Who can forget her hugging Libba at the 2016 prelim.
No longer involved at a board level with us but is def still an influential presence at Whitten Oval. Wouldn’t surprise me if she was eventually elected CEO of AFLW if it becomes a position in the future. Huuuuge amount of sway and so she should.

PG and Susan had a falling out after a pretty minor incident. SA tried to use a players only entrance or something to see a BulldogsW game and was told to use the regular entrance. Expected to be backed up by the board and PG said get over it and just do what everyone else does. She felt betrayed and disrespected etc. doubt we’ll know the full story ever but that’s the crux of it.

Leaves the board in a perfect position with a deputy who has been groomed for the role. Club is in a great financial position, membership is strong, won a premiership and has a great emerging list. Gordon is just such a class class act, egoless decision made in all of the clubs best interests for its future... and yet again reminds us how lucky we have been to have him instead of this guy.........

View attachment 1022357

Eddie still doesn’t understand that the premiership winning ingredients are the ones you can’t buy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Emiliano Zapata says hello.

You need to read more of the thread. :) Wally Stringhaus and I went over this at the top of this page and the previous one. PG is on record (refer to my earlier post, previous page) as saying he was quoting it from the Oils. Oils are not on record for their source, but Hirst at least is aware of the Zapata origin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back