News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

so much speed, agility and skill from such a big man.
has to work on his tap craft a bit though.

Hayes shows more as a genuine ruckman, but with ladhams being so good around the ground he and hayes can easily play in the one team.
Hayes and Ladhams alternating rucking and resting forward. Marshall and Frampton as KPF's, Howard and Clurey as KPD's. Our KPP / Ruck situation doesn't look too bad for the future. Leaves getting another KPD as a priority (as Jonas is too slow and too short to be considered a KPD under 6-6-6).

Hayes and Ladhams alternating rucking and resting forward. Marshall and Frampton as KPF's, Howard and Clurey as KPD's. Our KPP / Ruck situation doesn't look too bad for the future. Leaves getting another KPD as a priority (as Jonas is too slow and too short to be considered a KPD under 6-6-6).

As well as continuing to target an A-grade KPF in case Frampton or Marshall don't end up making it.

As well as continuing to target an A-grade KPF in case Frampton or Marshall don't end up making it.
Well yes. Definitely keeping trying to target A-grade KPF's. Just for a rarity we're more in need of a quality KPD than KPF for the first time in about, well probably ever since joining the AFL.

Thanks for posting. Is the full replay of the game available to watch now? The seven plus app was still playing up this morning when I checked.
Full game is on the SANFL digital pass.

Matt Turner who is covering the camp wrote about 2m Peter.

Peter Ladhams agrees with the suggestion he is laid-back – outside of footy. “I’m naturally just chilled and relaxed,” the five-match Port Adelaide ruckman says. Inside the game, Ladhams, 21, has been trying to shake the nonchalant tag for a few seasons. He was made aware of that perception of him during his draft year in 2016 when he was overlooked for the national combine and Sydney recruiting boss Kinnear Beatson later told him he thought he did not work hard enough.

To address the concerns, Ladhams hit the gym, improved his fitness and lopped the dreadlocks he had been growing for two years that were “pretty much a part of me”. Port Adelaide rookie-listed him that November.

But signs of that casual nature re-emerged nearly a year ago when, only a few weeks after the Power made him sweat on a new contract, he slept through his alarm and missed a Saturday morning running session. Port’s leadership group punished him by forcing him to spend a week on the tools to realise how lucky he had it playing football. The experience would shape his 2019 because after a run of brilliant SANFL form, he made his AFL debut against Hawthorn in Tasmania – six months after missing that training.

“I took it in my stride, put a smile on my face and went through the week,” says Ladhams, who grew up as a massive Port supporter. “I was all around Adelaide, doing a carpenter’s sort of work but a lot of it was picking up rubbish and moving it to a trailer. “I think I repaid them (Port) this year with some good footy.”
The off-season provided Ladhams with another taste of how quickly an AFL career could end. He was in a Cancun, Mexico hotel with Aidyn Johnson when coach Ken Hinkley rang to tell Johnson he would be delisted. With Ryder departing, Hinkley saying he is open to playing two ruckmen if they are in form and also showing he is willing to drop Lycett, Ladhams knows he has another opportunity to prove himself “I only played one game with Scott and I think we can both play in the same team,” Ladhams says. “Everyone wants to play round one and if I look back on last year, I’d never have dreamt of doing that but I’m in a good place now to put my hand up.”

1576543855997.png

How are we going to get him in the side? Was hoping for 6 on the interchange 🤷

How are we going to get him in the side? Was hoping for 6 on the interchange 🤷
If 1 of Lycett, Dixon, Marshall or Georgiades are unavailable, Ladhams would be first in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 1 of Lycett, Dixon, Marshall or Georgiades are unavailable, Ladhams would be first in.
Who do you think comes out of rnd 1 side for Dixon? Also wines and Bonner available. Leinart will be 1.

kinda see what you mean as in getting involved around the ground but to me they’re very different.

English runs into free space to get used like a wingman, calls for the ball.

ladhams wins lots of his own ball around contests.
the working to the wings is the next string to the bow.

Hope the Rap God Sam Hayes is Bulking right up, Ladhams as the Athletic Ruck and Hayes as the Brute in 2-3 Years is making me froth!

Got a bit of developing to do still, but was really good today. Equal leading possession winner with 21 and probably pushed Westhoff out when Lycett is back in.