(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zakk Wylde

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Thought we could use a feel good story right about now...

So a good mate of mine works with the coach of the Emergency Services side that played against the ADF All Stars on Anzac Day, a passionate Port man.

He (the coach) takes in interstate draftees for the club and currently Duursma and Hayes live with him. Reckons you couldn't meet 2 nicer kids.

He was heading to training to coach the side in the lead up to the Anzac game and both boys say to him "want us to come along and help out of you need a hand with anything?". They went along, moved cones, ran water and got around the boys.

Game day of the Anzac clash and Duursma asks Ken if it would be OK if he could go and help out the boys until he has to head to the rooms himself to get ready for our game. Ken let him.

He (Duursma) sat in the box on the clipboard, went out at quarter time to encourage and hand out some water.

After that he had to go back to the rooms and get himself ready.

He (Duursma) makes his way out there again for his first warm up when they walk around the ground, he runs over to the Emergency Services huddle at 3 quarter time to give the lads another pat on the back and some more encouragement. He then walks past the ADF side and says to the whole group "thank you for your service".

Nothing groundbreaking but I thought to myself, what a wonderful young man :hearts:

snozulu

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

So a good mate of mine works with the coach of the Emergency Services side that played against the ADF All Stars on Anzac Day, a passionate Port man.

He (the coach) takes in interstate draftees for the club and currently Duursma and Hayes live with him. Reckons you couldn't meet 2 nicer kids.

He was heading to training to coach the side in the lead up to the Anzac game and both boys say to him "want us to come along and help out of you need a hand with anything?". They went along, moved cones, ran water and got around the boys.

Game day of the Anzac clash and Duursma asks Ken if it would be OK if he could go and help out the boys until he has to head to the rooms himself to get ready for our game. Ken let him.

He (Duursma) sat in the box on the clipboard, went out at quarter time to encourage and hand out some water.

He (Duursma) makes his way out there again for his first warm up when they walk around the ground, he runs over to the Emergency Services huddle at 3 quarter time to give the lads another pat on the back and some more encouragement. He then walks past the ADF side and says to the whole group "thank you for your service".

Nothing groundbreaking but I thought to myself, what a wonderful young man :hearts:
Future leader right there.

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #665

Mature beyond his years in many ways.

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Nice lad

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks

Good country footy lad, and why we lose very few of them by choice, be they from Vic Country U/18 teams the Pioneers and Bushrangers, NSW country lads who sometimes play for the Bushrangers over the border and WA country lads.

Top Bottom