Joe Atley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'd take that. Something in the 40s is at least useful rather than pick 70-something where clubs are passing when it gets to that point.
With a first and two second round picks, I'd imagine any trades would involve pick upgrades rather than getting new picks in.

With a first and two second round picks, I'd imagine any trades would involve pick upgrades rather than getting new picks in.
If it is involving north, a lot depends what we do with our first pick and whether someone bids on Bailey Scott and T Thomas early. North have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies atm.

If it is involving north, a lot depends what we do with our first pick and whether someone bids on Bailey Scott and T Thomas early. North have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies atm.

Yeah agree with you on that, especially with Thomas rated as a top 5 not. Would be worth us looking at packaging up picks and Atley for your first round pick (10 atm) if it means we can get one of the SA boys early in the draft.

Yeah agree with you on that, especially with Thomas rated as a top 5 not. Would be worth us looking at packaging up picks and Atley for your first round pick (10 atm) if it means we can get one of the SA boys early in the draft.
We are reportedly looking at trading our first, so it could easily happen as north lack a little bit of midfield depth. A developed Atley, alongside Thomas, Scott and Crocker would be an awesome result.

We are reportedly looking at trading our first, so it could easily happen as north lack a little bit of midfield depth. A developed Atley, alongside Thomas, Scott and Crocker would be an awesome result.

Perfect, send the paperwork to the AFL and lets finalise the trade ;)

Im sure this will be clearer later on in the year where you judge where Thomas will really fall in the draft.

Yeah I'd take that. Something in the 40s is at least useful rather than pick 70-something where clubs are passing when it gets to that point.
Wait so we pick him up in the early 30s. Put two years of development in him. He shows alot of promise and we get a pick in the 40s for him?
Would have thought we'd want out pick in the early 30s back at a minimum.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wait so we pick him up in the early 30s. Put two years of development in him. He shows alot of promise and we get a pick in the 40s for him?

Aaron Young, Brendon Ah Chee.... we basically gave them away... and they have shown more than Atley.

That's not how it works. You almost never get back the draft pick you paid for a player unless they are a bonafide star.

Bigfooty talk always goes on "yeah but we put X years development into the player so it should be a better pick than we drafted for him" but after X years the player is largely a known quantity - whereas a draft pick, while more speculative, could potentially be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously I will hand in my membership if anything even resembling that happens. We seem to pay overs to get them in and receive unders to let them go. We need us some Dodoro style.
Yeah I don't want this turning into another Logan Austin situation where our best youngsters from the Maggies get cherry picked for half a can of diet coke.

Ken would love drinking the rest of that.

Seriously I will hand in my membership if anything even resembling that happens. We seem to pay overs to get them in and receive unders to let them go. We need us some Dodoro style.

They have offered Polec massive money and want Atley a promising young mid, I want to be ******* brutal with them, make them give up an absolute fortune.

Lol.

Like I said elsewhere atley came in as a first year player and picked up 20+ touches a week as a clearance and tackle machine before breaking into the afl side

Still averaged 20+ touches carrying a back injury

If fit he would have been playing afl this year. Pick 32 was a steal and anyone who could get him for that would be laughing.

They have offered Polec massive money and want Atley a promising young mid, I want to be ******* brutal with them, make them give up an absolute fortune.

You're really taking this Polec thing personally man.

Norf couldn't get a bargain at a garage sale, how are they supposedly sharking polec and atley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back