News Aidyn Johnson signs with Tatura

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't sure what to expect but thought Aidyn's pace would be handy in an open forward line. When Robbie broke free and saw him get in behind the defence I was out of my seat. Thrilled for that first goal.

I really liked the way he made it to contests and applied forward 50 pressure especially, even when he wasn't getting the ball. Great team play and looked like he knew his role and stuck to it.

Looking forward to seeing more of the electrifying pace and ferocious tackling that excited in his u18 highlights package.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with some confidence and experience, but also once he's worked on his tank. Hopefully he develops into a very quick and dangerous small forward.

Johnson has got some nice moves, and if BT can be believed ( debatable ), he missed most of his last year in the TAC cup in 2015, and as we know he only played about 5 or 6 games for the Maggies in 2016, that's obviously not much footy at all.

Keeping him fit may be an issue!

giphy.gif

we'll have to name that pocket after him!

Johnson has got some nice moves, and if BT can be believed ( debatable ), he missed most of his last year in the TAC cup in 2015, and as we know he only played about 5 or 6 games for the Maggies in 2016, that's obviously not much footy at all.

Keeping him fit may be an issue!

Hamstring injury ends Power draftee Aidyn Johnson’s season
Johnson, who was drafted from the Bendigo Pioneers with Pick No.45 last year, has played just five SANFL games this season, his last against South Adelaide on June 18.

He missed six weeks with a hamstring injury in April and May and suffered another setback last month, prompting fitness staff to call an early end to his season so he can fully prepare for his second AFL pre-season.

The 18-year-old pacy wingman missed almost the entire TAC Cup season in 2015 after tearing his quad in Round 1 but had shown enough promise for the Power to draft him with their second pick in last year’s national draft.

Anyone know who presented #31 jumper to him?
Timmy G. It was a last minute thing and the guys on AA said he went missing for a few minutes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with some confidence and experience, but also once he's worked on his tank. Hopefully he develops into a very quick and dangerous small forward.
SpeedEndurance. SpeedEndurance is what he has to work on, not bloody the endurance running Burgo loves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the article thanks AHS
A FAIRY tale played out at Adelaide Oval on Friday night during the opening Anzac round clash between Port Adelaide and Carlton.
Aside from the 137-47 victory of Port Adelaide in front of a home crowd; a story closer to home was unfolding.
All eyes were on debutant Aidyn Johnson who in his first touch in the AFL kicked a goal off a stunning pass from fellow Echuca-Moama product Ollie Wines.
More ..
http://www.riverineherald.com.au/2017/04/24/7241/power-start-in-the-big-league

Didn't pick it up on Saturday when I saw this picture in the 'Tiser but the older boy from Echuca celebrates the younger boy from across the river in Moama first goal in AFL. Reckon they will be jet skiing on the Murray next off season.

Did anyone see the 7 News clip about Aidyn? He talked about how he couldn't describe the overwhelming emotion of being on the field for NTUA :)
Love watching debuting players at NTUA

He stopped and looked around the oval and only could start jogging into position late

Didn't pick it up on Saturday when I saw this picture in the 'Tiser but the older boy from Echuca celebrates the younger boy from across the river in Moama first goal in AFL. Reckon they will be jet skiing on the Murray next off season.
How much does Ollie just scream captain!

It would be most unorthodox but I don't think anyonr would bat an eyelid if he just keeps the C after this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are plenty of goal with first kick players out there... how many of them had a bounce before their first kick and goal?

How that isn't a free for being legged lol

Mmmm and given our usual run with the umps I'm surprised he wasn't pinged for throwing the ball to himself afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back