News Aidyn Johnson signs with Tatura

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how he commits his body he's not afraid of contact needs another good preseason or two but it's a good attribute especially when a lot of guys with genuine pace just **** on the outside these days.

For someone that has played ~ 20 games of footy over the past 3 years, this kid is the real deal. Love his forward half pressure and his foot speed is something else, the quickest I've seen since Wade Thompson.

Our squad is really starting to take shape, love what we've been doing especially after moving on guys like Ah Chee et al that just aren't going to make it.
Is he quicker than Impey?

AJ seems to be one of those guys that has a higher rating within the club than outside of it. He got games this year when nobody really saw him being in the selection frame and was probably unlucky not to play finals in the end. I'm happy to see him get another year but less convinced about the second year. He's got the opportunity now so no excuses and let's see what he can do.

AJ is quick which is something we really need so I hope he develops into something great. But I don’t share the love everyone else has for him. He looks a bit lost out on the field to me and needs to be given directions. And when he gets the ball tries to do too much. (Observations based on Maggie’s games). He is young so has plenty of time to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes lots of poor decisions unfortunately.

I thought highly of him in his early years albeit missing lots of games but this season I've decided not to count on him making an afl career, especially with the coaches that we have overlooking his development.

Yet another player not going forward.

People watch that highlight but you might not see him do it again for another year.

We haven’t got our development right.

Makes lots of poor decisions unfortunately.

I thought highly of him in his early years albeit missing lots of games but this season I've decided not to count on him making an afl career, especially with the coaches that we have overlooking his development.

Yet another player not going forward.

People watch that highlight but you might not see him do it again for another year.

We haven’t got our development right.
I remember him running fast from centre wing, just into the 50, getting a pass, running on, and goaling at Adelaide Oval.

I'm leaning towards a delist on this one actually. Probably not this year as he will survive because we have so much fat to trim as it is, but seriously unimpressive year. I ******* love his attack on the footy, it's manic - but he doesn't get enough ball and isn't hitting the scoreboard so much. I also question his off-field professionalism after his noted issues.

Next year make or break.

I'm leaning towards a delist on this one actually. Probably not this year as he will survive because we have so much fat to trim as it is, but seriously unimpressive year. I ******* love his attack on the footy, it's manic - but he doesn't get enough ball and isn't hitting the scoreboard so much. I also question his off-field professionalism after his noted issues.

Next year make or break.
He is signed up until end 2019 ... so next year is make or break ..

Last edited:

Next year make or break.
What are his noted issues?

I agree his professionalism could improve big time. Still so raw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back