Toast Pick 51 : Welcome to Carlton Nick Holman

Remove this Banner Ad

Position: Midfielder
Height: 187cm
Weight: 79kg
Born: 29/5/95
Home club: Murray Bushrangers

Medium midfielder who uses the ball effectively on his preferred left foot. Star at the stoppages with his clearance work, including his clean hands and strong tackling. Hard runner who won Vic Country's MVP in the Under-18s this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/nick-holman

Snoop’s Phantom Draft

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-2013-phantom-draft-with-final-order-and-rookie.1041575/

# 33 Brisbane
Nick Holman - Murray Bushrangers / 187cm / 79kg / '95
Seen a fair bit of Nick and he is a kid I reckon might go pretty quickly. Has some very draftable attributes and still has a lot of developing to do. On top of that the kid is a terrific kid from all reports and he will be one you would want at your club. Playing style is tough and hard. He never flinches and his tackle aggression sets a standard. I think he could play a range of areas because of his height, his 1:1 ability and the fact his kicking is very good. His execution from a stoppage could probably be better but these inside mid types dont often get the time to always execute perfectly. On the outside he is very good in my view. He has a raking kick on him and he can weight them very well and set players to advantage. He finishes in front of goals well and could be a very hard guy to reign in once he is going. Had a very good end to the year.
Why and who else: Best available and a ripper but fear I rate a bit high. Can see him being a type the Lions would like and after taking a couple of talls see them taking a guy who can HB, Wing or HF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
BF Phantom Draft

#54 - Think it was LemmingMaster on behalf of Geelong but I haven't found the write up yet in amongst multiple page refreshes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Knightmare’s Phantom Draft

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2013-phantom-draft.983436/

#70 Port Adelaide – Nick Holman (VIC – Mid)
Height: 186cm, Weight: 79kg, DOB: 29/05/1995
Recruited from: Murray Bushrangers
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 40-rookie
Profile: Holman is a tough, physical inside player who really attacks the footy and goes in hard at every opportunity. He has an excellent tackling game making his tackles stick. He’s a big factor inside not only for his tackling but also ability to win his own footy and win the clearances. Strong mark overhead. He’s had a strong season and his game held up strongly through the u18 champs which was encouraging. By foot he’s an ok kick over short distances but not a damaging kick and can at times try to do too much.

https://twitter.com/21Nickholman

Holman best Bushies chances
Holman won Victoria Country’s most valuable player in the under-18s this year.
Holman best Bushies chances

Nick wins Big V selection
Young Kyabram football talent Nick Holman enjoyed a big week last week, crowning his selection in the Victorian Country side to compete in the Under-18 National Australian Rules Football Championship with a best-on-ground performance for the Murray Bushrangers last Saturday.

Holman, who turns 18 at the end of this month, starred in the Bushies comfortable win over NSW-ACT Rams at Albury to continue his stellar season.

The versatile, hard-running utility played midfield for a half and then went forward to play a significant role in his team’s win.

Nick is in his second season with the Bushies and is vice-captain of the side this season.

image.jpg
Nick wins Big V selection

Vic-Country MVP, must be doing something right. Seems we've gone out and picked big strong ready bodies.

Really can't comment because I don't watch a lot of underage footy, so ill just say I'm happy with this pick!

Great get at 51 in a shallow draft.

Watched him live play a significant role in his premiership team Kyabram in the Goulburn Valley Football League this year.

Was rated by the Bushies coach Darren Ogier as a better chance then most other Murray Bushrangers to be drafted and we got him 30 picks after fellow Bushranger Jarman Impey who went to Port Adelaide at 21....:eek::thumbsu:

Jarman Impey is horribly over rated and has some off field traits which would be a worry, glad he didnt end up at Carlton.:)

Holman a Blueboy

He’s a kid from Kyabram who until tonight followed the fortunes of the Tigers through the other one from up “Ky” way, Brett Deledio.
But Nick Holman is Blue down to his bootstraps now that his name has been called as Carlton’s third round selection of the 2013 AFL National Draft.
Taken at selection 51 overall, the kid with the Nick Graham hairdo was sweating it out at his folks’ home when Shane Rogers finally called his name.
Clearly, he understood the poignancy of the moment.
“This means everything to me,” Holman said. ”I suppose I worked all year for the draft, through the draft combine, the nationals and the TAC Cup.
“I think it means everything for the work that I’ve put in.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched this guy play a couple of games and was very impressed.

Cool head under pressure, good skills, great mark and isn't afraid to win the hard ball. Pace a question mark, maybe his tank also, but it didn't bother him at underrage level with his good footy smarts. Lot to work with. :thumbsu:

Welcome to Carlton Nick...

Good to see the club getting some ready to roll midfielders. I think that both Cripps and Holman will spend the first half of the year in the gym and building up a bit of a tank and we should see them both debut towards the end of the year.

Found this after a search:

http://boundforglorynews.com/2013-draft-profile-nick-holman/

Nick Holman is an uncomprimising inside midfielder who has been impressive as captain of the Murray Bushrangers. While he doesn’t have the skills of teammate Jarman Impey, he complements the likes of Michael Gibbons in winning the contested ball and dishing off to teammates.

Holman is a medium midfielder who has shown he can play at either end as well, tralling off the half back and half forward flanks with some success. Primarily he will play that inside role and try and win clearances or get it out as quickly as possible to a teammate on the outside. One thing worth noting about Holman is he can also play that outside game where he can use his deceptive pace to run-and-carry. While he’s no line breaker, he isn’t your traditional plodding inside midfielder who has little to no pace.

http://boundforglorynews.com/2013-draft-profile-nick-holman/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back