News Boyd Woodcock signs for Southport VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rozee moves up to a wing next year, Woodcock could get his opportunity across half forward.
Rozee wont move to the wing unless Amon goes. The bloody way Hinkley thinks he will move him to half back.

Rozee wont move to the wing unless Amon goes. The bloody way Hinkley thinks he will move him to half back.
Go back to last year. Rozee started for North in the very same role he’s in now up forward. He was being utilised well enough so Woodcock came in to play that role, and Rozee moved onto the wing to get him more involved then eventually down half back. The Roosters won the flag and the rest is history. Connor and Boyd have been playing together at Club, SANFL and State level since Under 13s and have been winning flags for fun! They know each other’s game inside and out.

Go back to last year. Rozee started for North in the very same role he’s in now up forward. He was being utilised well enough so Woodcock came in to play that role, and Rozee moved onto the wing to get him more involved then eventually down half back. The Roosters won the flag and the rest is history. Connor and Boyd have been playing together at Club, SANFL and State level since Under 13s and have been winning flags for fun! They know each other’s game inside and out.
*wasn’t being utilised that was meant to read

Carr might have done that, but Hinkley wont.

I’m fairly positive that seeing Rozee line up in the centre in jlt matches and occasionally through this year is an indication that they see Rozee as a centre square mid. And I like that very much. One of the few things they are getting right.

Woodcock started the year slowly and is working into it getting better as the year goes on. Could be in for a huge second year

What is the go with Boyd Woodcock? I was pretty bullish on him when he was drafted, and I thought he was going to be the 'Ringo' to go with Rozee, Duursma and Butters. Any updates on how he is travelling? I noted he was added to the rookie list at the end of 2019, which was probably not the best sign..

What is the go with Boyd Woodcock? I was pretty bullish on him when he was drafted, and I thought he was going to be the 'Ringo' to go with Rozee, Duursma and Butters. Any updates on how he is travelling? I noted he was added to the rookie list at the end of 2019, which was probably not the best sign..
We took 33 players to the QLD hub and he wasn't one of them. Has played 1 scratch match at Adelaide Oval and kicked 1 goal 4.

Cheers. Given lists look to be trimmed down and no SANFL games to show promise, he has a battle on his hands.
It sucks, I'd much rather the players take a paycut to keep the list sizes the same.

Wasn’t a great idea to add him and cox to the list around the same time. Should have only drafted one of them.

He could have been a chance to push for some midfield time in the magpies this year I reckon but that’s gone out the window.

woodcock and cox are both out of contract at the end of this year and I can’t see us keeping both unless they’re killing it on the training track. Some chance we let both go, but I’m keen to give woodcock 1 more year if we have the list space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. Given lists look to be trimmed down and no SANFL games to show promise, he has a battle on his hands.
Honestly his SANFL form only grew as last year went on, to the point where he wouldve been on the AFL selection radar. However yeah like a lot of the fringe players no games = no chance to develop and push your case, so given his size and lack of any real obvious weapons you'd have to conceed his time at AFL level looks shaky unless list sizes are kept where they are.

If they remain, it is unlikely we will take many picks to the draft, and players like Mayes, Sutcliffe, Buzza and Atley might all get cut before him.

Honestly his SANFL form only grew as last year went on, to the point where he wouldve been on the AFL selection radar. However yeah like a lot of the fringe players no games = no chance to develop and push your case, so given his size and lack of any real obvious weapons you'd have to conceed his time at AFL level looks shaky unless list sizes are kept where they are.

If they remain, it is unlikely we will take many picks to the draft, and players like Mayes, Sutcliffe, Buzza and Atley might all get cut before him.

mayes and atley are a step above woodcock imo.

I think atley will be gone regardless though. Don’t think mayes will go anywhere.

how many picks we take to the draft is massively complicated this year. We’re already connected to 2 nga’s, but neither fill immediate holes on our list and we have a tonne of picks with 3 2nds and 2 3rds and possibly a player or 2 leaving which will bring more picks.

I’m fairly positive that seeing Rozee line up in the centre in jlt matches and occasionally through this year is an indication that they see Rozee as a centre square mid. And I like that very much. One of the few things they are getting right.

Woodcock started the year slowly and is working into it getting better as the year goes on. Could be in for a huge second year

I think the ‘Rozee to the midfield’ gang have been seduced by a good game against the league easy beats, Adelaide and a few moments in the Gold Coast game. Other than that he has been disappointing in the midfield. He should be left in the forward line a little longer where he is always dangerous. Others on here also suggesting Buttsy to the wing - he has been rotating through the wings all season so far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the ‘Rozee to the midfield’ gang have been seduced by a good game against the league easy beats, Adelaide and a few moments in the Gold Coast game. Other than that he has been disappointing in the midfield. He should be left in the forward line a little longer where he is always dangerous. Others on here also suggesting Buttsy to the wing - he has been rotating through the wings all season so far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rozee was definitely in form as a centre mid before we brought wines back and sent rozee forward. Our midfield mix has been off since then. Rozee clearly will be a centre mid and we need his speed and skills in there.

butters starting on a wing or just pushing up there from half forward? Half forwards usually push up into the midfield during games.

when we are losing centre contests because of low energy slow flat footed mids I think butters is a perfect solution. He is aggressive, speedy and quick to react / move. Having him in the centre for short bursts when we need to turn the tide is something we should consider depending on what they think his body can handle, as long term is more important right now.

I thought his SANFL season last year was as good as we could have expected. He regularly kicked goals and held his own as a valuable member of a senior team that played off in a Grand Final. The doubt is whether he has enough tricks to translate into a good and regular AFL player. Sam Gray's level may be his ceiling and he's unlikely to reach that for another 3-4 years IMO. I don't think he'll last the cut this year, along with Atley, Buzza, Mayes and possibly Sutcliffe, in large part because none of them will have the opportunity to press their claims through match play.

Grundy might stay on given our considerable lack of tall defenders.

I thought his SANFL season last year was as good as we could have expected. He regularly kicked goals and held his own as a valuable member of a senior team that played off in a Grand Final. The doubt is whether he has enough tricks to translate into a good and regular AFL player. Sam Gray's level may be his ceiling and he's unlikely to reach that for another 3-4 years IMO. I don't think he'll last the cut this year, along with Atley, Buzza, Mayes and possibly Sutcliffe, in large part because none of them will have the opportunity to press their claims through match play.

Grundy might stay on given our considerable lack of tall defenders.

considering what we saw this weekend it would be suicide to let Grundy go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back